I need some comments on this color palette extension

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
krackedpress krackedpress
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

I need some comments on this color palette extension

I finally looked into creating the OXT file[s] for my color palettes SOC
files.

I would like some users to install it and see if it works with your systems.

For now, I only have Ubuntu 18.04 for the testing OS.

I am using LibreOffice 6.2.0.3 for the testing.  Seems to work well for me.

Here is the direct link.  Once I know it works with Windows, then I will
go through the process to have it go onto the Extension Pages.

http://libreoffice-na.us/LibreOffice-and-Resene-Colors.oxt

Please give me any constructive comments.


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
V Stuart Foote V Stuart Foote
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I need some comments on this color palette extension

krackedpress wrote
> I finally looked into creating the OXT file[s] for my color palettes SOC
> files.
>
> I would like some users to install it and see if it works with your
> systems.
>
> ...

Hi Tim,

Testing on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit en-US with
Version: 6.1.4.2 (x64)
Build ID: 9d0f32d1f0b509096fd65e0d4bec26ddd1938fd3
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: GL;
Locale: en-US (en_US); Calc: group threaded

The OXT loads without issue and the extension including the plain text XML
.soc file is dropped into the uno_packages for the current user %APPDATA

Extension installs for current user, no apparent way to adjust to install
for all users.

Removes without issue , and a cache cleanup after restart deletes the entry
in the uno_packages directory.

The .SOC file can be copied, and continues to work, to the default palette
directory in the install directory, e.g. C:\Program
Files\LibreOFfice\share\palette

The full palette loads into Draw's Color Bar once it has been set as in the
color picker run in another module.

The XML looks fine, but I would probably split line #14 to get that block of
LO colors onto their own lines.  With ~1400 colors, the extra lines are no
big deal but it improves readability of the color table.

All in all, looks to be a functional extension, if overwhelming.

Stuart




--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Users-f1639498.html

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

krackedpress krackedpress
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I need some comments on this color palette extension

On 2/8/19 3:30 AM, V Stuart Foote wrote:

> krackedpress wrote
>> I finally looked into creating the OXT file[s] for my color palettes SOC
>> files.
>>
>> I would like some users to install it and see if it works with your
>> systems.
>>
>> ...
> Hi Tim,
>
> Testing on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit en-US with
> Version: 6.1.4.2 (x64)
> Build ID: 9d0f32d1f0b509096fd65e0d4bec26ddd1938fd3
> CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: GL;
> Locale: en-US (en_US); Calc: group threaded
>
> The OXT loads without issue and the extension including the plain text XML
> .soc file is dropped into the uno_packages for the current user %APPDATA
>
> Extension installs for current user, no apparent way to adjust to install
> for all users.
>
> Removes without issue , and a cache cleanup after restart deletes the entry
> in the uno_packages directory.
>
> The .SOC file can be copied, and continues to work, to the default palette
> directory in the install directory, e.g. C:\Program
> Files\LibreOFfice\share\palette
>
> The full palette loads into Draw's Color Bar once it has been set as in the
> color picker run in another module.
>
> The XML looks fine, but I would probably split line #14 to get that block of
> LO colors onto their own lines.  With ~1400 colors, the extra lines are no
> big deal but it improves readability of the color table.
>
> All in all, looks to be a functional extension, if overwhelming.
>
> Stuart
>
>
>
>
> --
> Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Users-f1639498.html
>
I did not know you could split the listed colors so it makes a space
between the end of the LO colors and the start of the Resene colors.  I
may just take out the LO colors, and make it Resene colors only.  The
list of Resene colors came from this file -
http://people.csail.mit.edu/jaffer/Color/resene.pdf

So how do you add the "extra lines"?

I had to use a found color palette OXT files to serve as a template. 
The first one I tried failed to work.  The second file was setup a
little different and it worked fine,


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
V Stuart Foote V Stuart Foote
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I need some comments on this color palette extension

krackedpress wrote
> I did not know you could split the listed colors so it makes a space
> between the end of the LO colors and the start of the Resene colors. 
> ...
>
> So how do you add the "extra lines"?
>
> ...

Any 'text' editor, e.g. gvim or notepad++ on Windows, and insert a return.
Be sure to place it  the between the closing and opening bracket for the
stanza and not to clobber anything.



--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Users-f1639498.html

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
krackedpress krackedpress
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I need some comments on this color palette extension

On 2/8/19 4:44 PM, V Stuart Foote wrote:

> krackedpress wrote
>> I did not know you could split the listed colors so it makes a space
>> between the end of the LO colors and the start of the Resene colors.
>> ...
>>
>> So how do you add the "extra lines"?
>>
>> ...
> Any 'text' editor, e.g. gvim or notepad++ on Windows, and insert a return.
> Be sure to place it  the between the closing and opening bracket for the
> stanza and not to clobber anything.
>
>
>
> --
> Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Users-f1639498.html
>
Thanks.  Look at the "tonal" palette that came with the current 6.2.0.3
version.  Those empty spaces look weird, and reads weird when you mouse
over them.

Due to some issues I could not figure out, I could not create a second
palette and add it along side of the Resene one - replace it, but not
with it.

So I decided to make a "palette-collection" extension with a few of the
SOC file I had on my laptop.  Here is the file's link.

http://libreoffice-na.us/Palette-Collections.oxt


--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
V Stuart Foote V Stuart Foote
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I need some comments on this color palette extension

Tim, *

krackedpress wrote
> ...
> Thanks.  Look at the "tonal" palette that came with the current 6.2.0.3
> version.  Those empty spaces look weird, and reads weird when you mouse
> over them.
> ...

No that is intentional, result of work on  tdf#80196
<https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=80196>   the empty out
of gamut (sRGB) cells are placeholders for specific graytone saturations and
the swatches are held in correct relationship in our "new" 12 column color
picker.

Details are in the linked BZ issue.

Stuart




--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Users-f1639498.html

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy
htietze htietze
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I need some comments on this color palette extension

In reply to this post by krackedpress
Here are some useful infos https://design.blog.documentfoundation.org/2017/03/29/libreoffice-extension-export-custom-palette/ <https://design.blog.documentfoundation.org/2017/03/29/libreoffice-extension-export-custom-palette/> (and the link to the extension that exports color palettes (from user palettesI to color extensions.

> Am 08.02.2019 um 03:53 schrieb Tim-L <[hidden email]>:
>
> I finally looked into creating the OXT file[s] for my color palettes SOC files.
...
--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

krackedpress krackedpress
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: I need some comments on this color palette extension

On 2/10/19 4:28 AM, Heiko Tietze wrote:
> Here are some useful infos https://design.blog.documentfoundation.org/2017/03/29/libreoffice-extension-export-custom-palette/ <https://design.blog.documentfoundation.org/2017/03/29/libreoffice-extension-export-custom-palette/> (and the link to the extension that exports color palettes (from user palettesI to color extensions.
>
>> Am 08.02.2019 um 03:53 schrieb Tim-L <[hidden email]>:
>>
>> I finally looked into creating the OXT file[s] for my color palettes SOC files.
> ...

The only problem I have faced is how to indicate that the new OXT file
with a different palette can be installed along side of the other
palette OXT file I created.  That is why I am working one a palette
collection.  Also try to get the palettes to show up in alpha order on
the LO's drop down list of palettes.

My page shows that I "blued out" the palettes that came with LibreOffice
6.2.0.3 - DEB 64-Bit.

I am now up past 60 palettes, of my creation and others from the Open
project I mentioned.  I will be looking into sorting out some of those
palettes and/or combining them to reduce the total number listed.

One thing I like to do is sort out similar colors, gold and goldenrod,
browns and wood related, and others I come up with that might be useful
to me and others I know.  That is how I got into making some add on SOC
files.  Now I want to make them available to others via an OXT file
instead of trying to place the SOC files into the proper folder - now
protected.



--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy