Icons in message box

Johnny Rosenberg Johnny Rosenberg

Icons in message box

It seems like the MsgBox function ignores icons.

*Sub Test*

*    Dim iReply As Integer    iReply=MsgBox("Do you feel like pressing the
Yes button?", _                  MB_YESNO OR MB_ICONQUESTION OR
MB_DEFBUTTON2, _                  "Your choice")*
*End Sub*

I expect a message button with a Yes and a No button. the latter being
default. I also expect the message box to display a big question mark.
The constants I'm using are described in the file
”/usr/lib/libreoffice/help/en-US/text/sbasic/shared/03010102.html” (at
least on Manjaro Linux), and I will include them here:

MB_OK

0

Display OK button only.

MB_OKCANCEL

1

Display OK and Cancel buttons.

MB_ABORTRETRYCANCEL

2

Display Abort, Retry, and Ignore buttons.

MB_YESNOCANCEL

3

Display Yes, No, and Cancel buttons.

MB_YESNO

4

Display Yes and No buttons.

MB_RETRYCANCEL

5

Display Retry and Cancel buttons.

MB_ICONSTOP

16

Add the Stop icon to the dialog.

MB_ICONQUESTION

32

Add the Question icon to the dialog.

MB_ICONEXCLAMATION

48

Add the Exclamation Point icon to the dialog.

MB_ICONINFORMATION

64

Add the Information icon to the dialog.

128

First button in the dialog as default button.

MB_DEFBUTTON2

256

Second button in the dialog as default button.

MB_DEFBUTTON3

512

Third button in the dialog as default button.

Seems like all the MB_ICONxxx options are ignored.
I just want to find out if this is a bug or not. Maybe the problem is my
theme or something, so I just wonder if this works for anybody else.
Thanks.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg

Luuk Luuk

Re: Icons in message box

On 17-12-2018 20:53, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

> It seems like the MsgBox function ignores icons.
>

> *Sub Test*
>

> *    Dim iReply As Integer    iReply=MsgBox("Do you feel like pressing the
> Yes button?", _                  MB_YESNO OR MB_ICONQUESTION OR
> MB_DEFBUTTON2, _                  "Your choice")*
> *End Sub*
>
> I expect a message button with a Yes and a No button. the latter being
> default. I also expect the message box to display a big question mark.
> The constants I'm using are described in the file
> ”/usr/lib/libreoffice/help/en-US/text/sbasic/shared/03010102.html” (at
> least on Manjaro Linux), and I will include them here:
>
> MB_OK
>
> 0
>
> Display OK button only.
>
> MB_OKCANCEL
>
> 1
>
> Display OK and Cancel buttons.
>
> MB_ABORTRETRYCANCEL
>
> 2
>
> Display Abort, Retry, and Ignore buttons.
>
> MB_YESNOCANCEL
>
> 3
>
> Display Yes, No, and Cancel buttons.
>
> MB_YESNO
>
> 4
>
> Display Yes and No buttons.
>
> MB_RETRYCANCEL
>
> 5
>
> Display Retry and Cancel buttons.
>
> MB_ICONSTOP
>
> 16
>
> Add the Stop icon to the dialog.
>
> MB_ICONQUESTION
>
> 32
>
> Add the Question icon to the dialog.
>
> MB_ICONEXCLAMATION
>
> 48
>
> Add the Exclamation Point icon to the dialog.
>
> MB_ICONINFORMATION
>
> 64
>
> Add the Information icon to the dialog.
>
> 128
>
> First button in the dialog as default button.
>
> MB_DEFBUTTON2
>
> 256
>
> Second button in the dialog as default button.
>
> MB_DEFBUTTON3
>
> 512
>
> Third button in the dialog as default button.
>
> Seems like all the MB_ICONxxx options are ignored.
> I just want to find out if this is a bug or not. Maybe the problem is my
> theme or something, so I just wonder if this works for anybody else.
> Thanks.
>

> Kind regards
>
> Johnny Rosenberg

I do see the question mark.

I'm not using a theme.

--
Luuk

Windows7 / LibreOffice  3.3 330m19(Build:6)
Jean-Francois Nifenecker Jean-Francois Nifenecker

Re: Icons in message box

Le 17/12/2018 à 21:09, Luuk a écrit :

> I do see the question mark.

So do I. If I change the MB_ICONQUESTION constant for the MB_ICONSTOP, I
see the Stop icon as well.

Official (TDF) LibreOffice 5.4.6.2 under Linux Lint 18.x Cinnamon.

HTH,
--
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux