Impress Default Style in Drawing Object Styles

Kevin O'Brien-2 Kevin O'Brien-2

Impress Default Style in Drawing Object Styles

This is something I have not seen before, and I am not entirely clear
on it. Nor can I find it searching through the Impress guide. When I
look at the hierarchical view in the Styles and Formatting it is
implied that all other styles are based on it, but that doesn't make a
lot of sense to me. Just what is the Default style good for, and how
should it be used?

Kevin B. O'Brien
[hidden email]
http://google.me/+kevinobrien
Facebook is Evil. Cancel your account.

Niklas Johansson Niklas Johansson

Re: Impress Default Style in Drawing Object Styles

Hi

Well one thing that comes to mind is if I do not like the default color
of objects then I'll change the color in the Default style. That will
also change the color for the children. Of course not all the children
use this setting but see for example Object with shadow.
Another example might be that you want to chante the font used inside
objects. Change the default and see how it changes in the style Text,
Text body and so on.

Try it out and test it on different shapes and figures. Make a test
presentation and "go wild" for a moment. I hope that it will become more
clear to you when you experimented a bit with it.

Regards,
Niklas Johansson