Impress: Focus template background

Dotan Cohen Dotan Cohen

Impress: Focus template background

The Focus template has an interesting effect, in which the first slide
has the appearance of a closed shutter and each slide after it has the
shutter open slightly more. I see that these slides do not have a
background, so the shutter effect is _not_ a background image.

How is this effect achieved?

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

Dotan Cohen Dotan Cohen

Re: Impress: Focus template background

To clarify, this template has a different "background" on each slide.
As stated in the OP, it's not really a background as it is not using
the Impress background feature, but for display purposes it appears to
the view as a different background on each slide. This is not a custom
animation.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com

libreoffice-ml.mbourne libreoffice-ml.mbourne

Re: Impress: Focus template background

Those images are part of the "master slides".  Each of the four initial
slides in the template uses a different master slide.  The master slides
have the images placed behind other content.  You can assign whichever
master slide you want to each slide (Slide > Master Slide), including
the initial four and any others you add, to pick up the corresponding
image (and layout of text placeholders).

Mark.

Dotan Cohen wrote:

> To clarify, this template has a different "background" on each slide.
> As stated in the OP, it's not really a background as it is not using
> the Impress background feature, but for display purposes it appears to
> the view as a different background on each slide. This is not a custom
> animation.
>
> On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 3:04 PM Dotan Cohen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> The Focus template has an interesting effect, in which the first slide
>> has the appearance of a closed shutter and each slide after it has the
>> shutter open slightly more. I see that these slides do not have a
>> background, so the shutter effect is _not_ a background image.
>>
>> How is this effect achieved?
>>
>> --
>> Dotan Cohen
>>
>> http://gibberish.co.il
>> http://what-is-what.com

Dotan Cohen Dotan Cohen

Re: Impress: Focus template background

Thank you Mark! I did not realize that an Impress presentation could
have multiple different Master slides.

Have a great week!