Impress window position

Malcolm Moore Malcolm Moore

Impress window position

Is it possible to get Impress  to go full screen for a presentation without going
over the top of everything - here is the scenario - I have 2 screens, one is an
interactive whiteboard and I am running OpenBoard. When I start a presentation
it goes full screen and covers the OpenBoard 'control' panel. If I bring the OpenBoard
to on top when I move to the next slide Impress goes over the top again and
hides OpenBoard

Ta

Mal

TomD TomD

Re: Impress window position

Hi :)
Errr, which OS platform?  Is it some version of Linux (such as Ubuntu,
Mint, Redhat or something) or is it some flavour of Windows (such as Xp,
Vista, Win7, Win8, Win8.1 or Win10 or something?) or is it a Mac or BSD or
something else?

Also do you know if the the 2 screens are really treated as 1 very large
screen?  We can probably help with that if we knew which platform, or
better still which specific OS.

Good luck and regards from a Tom :)

On Mon, 11 Mar 2019 at 08:58, malcolm moore <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Is it possible to get Impress  to go full screen for a presentation
> without going
> over the top of everything - here is the scenario - I have 2 screens, one
> is an
> interactive whiteboard and I am running OpenBoard. When I start a
> presentation
> it goes full screen and covers the OpenBoard 'control' panel. If I bring
> the OpenBoard
> to on top when I move to the next slide Impress goes over the top again
> and
> hides OpenBoard
>
> Ta
>
> Mal

Malcolm Moore Malcolm Moore

Re[2]: [libreoffice-users] Impress window position

Sorry a bit sparce on information...

It's openSUSE Tumbleweed
KDE Plasma
The screen is extended to the right

Mal

wrote:

> Is it possible to get Impress  to go full screen for a presentation
> without going
> over the top of everything - here is the scenario - I have 2 screens, one
> is an
> interactive whiteboard and I am running OpenBoard. When I start a
> presentation
> it goes full screen and covers the OpenBoard 'control' panel. If I bring
> the OpenBoard
> to on top when I move to the next slide Impress goes over the top again
> and
> hides OpenBoard
>
> Ta
>
> Mal

Paul D. Mirowsky Paul D. Mirowsky

Re: Impress window position

When you drag Impress over to the screen on right, does it remain there
after clicking on OpenBoard?

On 3/12/2019 4:22 AM, malcolm moore wrote:

> Sorry a bit sparce on information...
>
> It's openSUSE Tumbleweed
> KDE Plasma
> The screen is extended to the right
>
> Mal

Impress is on the left screen and I set the slideshow up to display on the right so the left is in presenter mode
The full screen presentation goes over everything. If I click on OpenBoard it comes to the front but as soon
as you advance to the next slide Impress goes over the top again

Ta

Mal

When you drag Impress over to the screen on right, does it remain there
after clicking on OpenBoard?

On 3/12/2019 4:22 AM, malcolm moore wrote:

> Sorry a bit sparce on information...
>
> It's openSUSE Tumbleweed
> KDE Plasma
> The screen is extended to the right
>
> Mal

In Impress under "Slide Show Settings" you should find....

>     Multiple Displays
>
> By default the primary display is used for slide show mode. If the
> current desktop is displayed on more than one display, you can select
> which display to use for full screen slide show mode. If the current
> desktop spans only one display, or if the multi display feature is not
> supported on the current system, you cannot select another display.
>

>       Presentation display
>
> Select a display to use for full screen slide show mode.
>
> If the system allows the user to span a window over all available
> displays, you can also select "All displays". In this case the
> presentation is spanned over all available displays.

From:
https://help.libreoffice.org/Impress/Slide_Show_Settings#Multiple_Displays

Try this.

Hope it helps.