Inclusion of Gnome Tango Icons?

Alexander Wilms Alexander Wilms

Inclusion of Gnome Tango Icons?

Hi all,

The Gnome icon theme (http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gnome-icon-theme/) is based on the Tango guidelines and would make LO look more modern on all platforms and especially well integrated in Gnome. AFAIK, only the save icon is currently being used in LO.

They are licensed under LGPL v.3 or Creative Commons BY-SA 3.0, would that theoretically allow incuding those icons?

Kind Regards

Alex
Michael Meeks-2 Michael Meeks-2

Re: [Libreoffice-ux-advise] Inclusion of Gnome Tango Icons?

On Sat, 2012-05-05 at 14:30 -0700, Alexander Wilms wrote:
> They are licensed under LGPL v.3 or Creative Commons BY-SA 3.0, would that
> theoretically allow incuding those icons?

        We'd really prefer to have them under MPLv2 I think; asking jimmac /
the authors for permission would be great.

        Thanks !

                Michael.

mirek2 mirek2

Re: [Libreoffice-ux-advise] Inclusion of Gnome Tango Icons?

Forward of the message I sent:

Re: [Libreoffice-ux-advise] Inclusion of Gnome Tango Icons?

Hi Mirek, all,

fwiw, at some point I had actually made a list of icons we could use,
see the listoficons.txt attachment in this message:
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Libreoffice-ux-advise-Floppy-Disk-tp3631864p3645733.html

Thanks for getting this going again! (And thanks for going on the ESC
call, too.)

Meanwhile, it should be clear that these icons aren't going to cover
even half of LibreOffice's theme, which is the bad news. We'll need to
see how to deal with that later on...

Astron.
Alexander Wilms Alexander Wilms

Re: [Libreoffice-ux-advise] Inclusion of Gnome Tango Icons?

Hi Michael, Mirek,

thanks for considering my suggestion and contacting Jakub.

Let's hope we get an answer soon :)

Alex