Infra call on Tue, Feb 21 at 17:30 UTC

Guilhem Moulin Guilhem Moulin

Infra call on Tue, Feb 21 at 17:30 UTC

Hi there,

The next infra call will take place at `date -d 'Tue Feb 21 17:30:00 UTC 2017'`
(18:30:00 Berlin time).

See https://pad.documentfoundation.org/p/infra for details and a preliminary
agenda.

See you there!
Guilhem.

Heiko Tietze-2 Heiko Tietze-2

Re: Infra call on Tue, Feb 21 at 17:30 UTC

Jitsi still lacks on screen sharing capabilities, which is a must for the design team. Maybe you add this to your agenda.

Cheers,
Heiko

On February 17, 2017 10:51:19 AM GMT+01:00, Guilhem Moulin <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>The next infra call will take place at `date -d 'Tue Feb 21 17:30:00
>UTC 2017'`
>(18:30:00 Berlin time).
>
>See https://pad.documentfoundation.org/p/infra for details and a
>preliminary
>agenda.
>
>See you there!
>Cheers,
>--
>Guilhem.
>
>--
>deleted

Heiko Tietze-2 Heiko Tietze-2

Re: Infra call on Tue, Feb 21 at 17:30 UTC

Reported the issue to Guilhelm. I usually run Jitsi in Chromium without any problem on meet.jit.si. When i connect to our vm184 I get a permission denied with "Failed to install desktop sharing extension". The same browser, nothing changed.

--
Dr. Heiko Tietze
UX Designer

On Fri, 17 Feb 2017 at 17:38:12 +0100, Heiko Tietze wrote:
> Jitsi still lacks on screen sharing capabilities, which is a must for
> the design team. Maybe you add this to your agenda.

AFAICT there is no technical blocker and nothing to discus either, it's
just that I had quite a few things on my plate since FOSDEM and didn't
come back to it yet.  It's it in my personal TODO, but I don't think it
warrants an entry in the infra call agenda :-P

--
Guilhem.

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: Infra call on Tue, Feb 21 at 17:30 UTC

Hi,

Guilhem Moulin wrote on 2017-02-18 at 00:06:
> AFAICT there is no technical blocker and nothing to discus either, it's
> just that I had quite a few things on my plate since FOSDEM and didn't
> come back to it yet.  It's it in my personal TODO, but I don't think it
> warrants an entry in the infra call agenda :-P

do we have an ETA by when the fix will be rolled out? I don't know how
much work that fix will take, so insight appreciated. ;-)

I'd like to give Jitsi a good test before we go productive with it, and
the more people test, the better it is of course.

Thanks,
Florian

Eike Rathke wrote on 2017-02-18 at 00:25:
> Sounds like https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/issues/192
> What I gist of that, to connect against own servers the extension needs
> to be rebuilt and published in the Chrome store (whatever *that* may
> imply..) and the server's Jitsi meet configuration have the Chrome ID
> added.

wow, that's odd... :/
Seen this mail just now. In this case, that might indeed be a problem at
least for Chrome users. Do we know if Firefox and other browsers'
extensions work, or do they suffer from the same issues?

Florian

On Fri, 17 Feb 2017 at 10:51:19 +0100, Guilhem Moulin wrote:
> The next infra call will take place at `date -d 'Tue Feb 21 17:30:00 UTC 2017'`
> (18:30:00 Berlin time).

Gentle reminder: that's in 24h!  (And 17:30:00 *UTC* does not
necessarily mean 17:30:00 local time :-P  Enter the above command in
your favorite terminal to make the conversion.)

--
Guilhem.

Norbert Thiebaud Norbert Thiebaud

Re: Infra call on Tue, Feb 21 at 17:30 UTC

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 11:27 AM, Guilhem Moulin
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Feb 2017 at 10:51:19 +0100, Guilhem Moulin wrote:
>> The next infra call will take place at `date -d 'Tue Feb 21 17:30:00 UTC 2017'`
>> (18:30:00 Berlin time).
>
> Gentle reminder: that's in 24h!  (And 17:30:00 *UTC* does not
> necessarily mean 17:30:00 local time :-P  Enter the above command in
> your favorite terminal to make the conversion.)

btw

$>:~ n_th$ `date -d 'Tue Feb 21 17:30:00 UTC 2017'`
usage: date [-jnu] [-d dst] [-r seconds] [-t west] [-v[+|-]val[ymwdHMS]] ...
            [-f fmt date | [[[mm]dd]HH]MM[[cc]yy][.ss]] [+format]