Installing 2 versions of LO on Mac OS X 10.10.1 Yosemite

12 « Prev
V Stuart Foote V Stuart Foote

Re: Installing 2 versions of LO on Mac OS X 10.10.1 Yosemite

Spencer, *

Just so you understand, installed that way--i.e. with each version of LibreOffice using the default UserInstallation= variable of $SYSUSERCONFIG--all the installations will be sharing a single user profile. It will be located in  /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/LibreOffice/4  configurations and features will bleed over between the installs.

If you want to isolate each of the installations (which is the norm for working with multiple installs) rather than using the $SYSUSERCONFIG  variable, instead using  the $ORIGIN variable places the user profile relative to its supported application package. The install and user profile are combined, and isolated from the other installs.  Important if you are testing features and different configurations or extensions.

Stuart

Spencer Graves-2 Spencer Graves-2

Re: Installing 2 versions of LO on Mac OS X 10.10.1 Yosemite

> On Jan 24, 2015, at 9:34 PM, V Stuart Foote <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Spencer, *
>
> Just so you understand, installed that way--i.e. with each version of
> LibreOffice using the default UserInstallation= variable of
> $SYSUSERCONFIG--all the installations will be sharing a single user profile.
> It will be located in  /Users/<username>/Library/Application
> Support/LibreOffice/4  configurations and features will bleed over between
> the installs.
>
> If you want to isolate each of the installations (which is the norm for
> working with multiple installs) rather than using the $SYSUSERCONFIG
> variable, instead using  the $ORIGIN variable places the user profile
> relative to its supported application package. The install and user profile
> are combined, and isolated from the other installs.  Important if you are
> testing features and different configurations or extensions.
>
> Stuart

          Thanks for the clarification.  I guessed there might be a problem like that.

          Unfortunately, I still do not understand how to produce the isolation you recommend.

          Spencer

12 « Prev