Intentionally crashing LibreOffice when frozen/LibreOffice will not start.

12 « Prev
anne-ology anne-ology

Re: keyboard shortcut to navigate tables now forms

       If it were otherwise, then each would not be editable  ;-)

       But when the cursor is outside of any label then the arrow keys go
from one to another, right?

From: Ruth Ann <[hidden email]>
Date: Thu, May 1, 2014 at 1:20 PM
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] keyboard shortcut to navigate tables now
forms
To: [hidden email]

My apologies. I had asked about tables, and indeed, your information was
very useful. Thank you.

However, what I should have asked about was how to navigate on a page of
labels.
Sorry, I think when I look at the page, it looks like a table to me, so I
think of it that way. But in reality, it is a page of labels that I am
trying to navigate.
The arrow keys only move me around within each label, and the tab key just
inserts a tab into the text of the label.
Ruth Ann

On 5/1/2014 2:08 PM, Brian Barker wrote:

 At 13:31 01/05/2014 -0400, Ruth Ann wrote:

>> Is there a keyboard shortcut that will let me move from cell to cell in a
>> table in Writer? I can not find any mention of one in the help section, and
>> so far, the only way I know to move the cursor to the next cell is to use
>> the mouse.
>>

> Do the (four) keyboard arrow keys not work for you? You should also find
> that Tab moves forward in the table and Shift+Tab similarly backwards. For
> this reason, if you need to insert a Tab character in a table cell, you
> need to use Ctrl+Tab instead of simple Tab.
>
> I trust this helps.
>
> Brian Barker

Ruth Ann Stewart, Cincinnati, OH

Andrew Douglas Pitonyak Andrew Douglas Pitonyak

Re: Intentionally crashing LibreOffice when frozen/LibreOffice will not start.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R_(programming_language)

R is a free software programming language and software environment for
statistical computing and graphics.

Calc has a limit of one million rows (well, 1048576 if I remember
correctly).

I expect that you will not have this problem if you manipulate the data
using R. I don't remember off hand how large my data sets were when I
last used R, but I never had a problem apart from figuring out how to
accomplish what I wanted.

If you have trouble when Calc performs an auto-save, then disable
auto-save.

GNUmeric used to have a row limit of 65536 rows, but, that was removed.
I have no idea if they simply set a new maximum, or, if they removed the
limits in some other way.

http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml

--
Andrew Pitonyak