Interface similar to OpenOffice?

Peter Peter

Interface similar to OpenOffice?

A friendly hello to anybody,

I made an Interface to my Software to get data from Calc and write letters very easy with text modules. This Interface works with Open Office.

My question: Wil it work whith LibreOffice too? Or is it different?

Greeting from the North See

Peter
Heiko Tietze-2 Heiko Tietze-2

Re: Interface similar to OpenOffice?

Hi Peter,

why don't you just try? And I wouldn't say "made an interface" is overly verbose ;-). So in case you face a problem that can be solved only by developers you could ask on this mailing list. Otherwise we have the awesome https://ask.libreoffice.org/de/ 'first level support' page (in German, and many other languages).

Cheers,
Heiko

On 13.07.2017 12:32, Peter wrote:

> A friendly hello to anybody,
>
> I made an Interface to my Software to get data from Calc and write letters
> very easy with text modules. This Interface works with Open Office.
>
> My question: Wil it work whith LibreOffice too? Or is it different?
>
> Greeting from the North See
>
> Peter

Dr. Heiko Tietze
UX designer
Tel. +49 (0)179/1268509

Peter Peter

Re: Interface similar to OpenOffice?

Hallo Heiko,

thank you for your answer. This question was the first step. Of cause I have to test my software, but I know OpenOffice and LibreOffice has got the same base. If the interface is developed separated it may be very different. The OpenOffice interface is very complicated. So I would program this now if it's quite the same, if it's very different I would program it later.

Thank you for the Link! The german language may be very helpful to solve problems.

Greeting from the North See

Peter
jan-3 jan-3

Re: Interface similar to OpenOffice?

Hi Peter,

There are no guarantees, but I wrote an extension based on UNO/Python
recently, using both documentation from OpenOffice and LibreOffice, so
they seem to still share large parts of their API.

So it is quite possible that it will work out of the box and just like
Heiko I would also suggest to give it a try.

Jan