Intro

Augusto Luca Augusto Luca

Intro

Hi, my name is Augusto and I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I work providing training to different companies and public sector.

I received a requirement from one association, asking me to provide an
Excel Training Course. I will offer them a LibreOffice training so people
can lose the fear to use an alternative to MSoft that is libre.

I am planning to start with an introduction about difference between free
and libre software
If you think something else is needed or you have some materials to
complement the training I appreciate it.

rgds
Augusto

Iqbal Sajid Iqbal Sajid

Re: Intro

Hi Augusto,
I used to teach LibreOffice to my kids. Their school course includes
M$Office, so I told them that you want to learn driving a CAR, if your
teacher says learn driving a Toyota Corolla, can you drive BMW or Benz etc.
Same is the case MSExcel is like Corolla and I want to teach you Spread
Sheets i.e. like a CAR so you can drive any brand of CAR easily.

If you can share any presentation(s) it will be helpful.

Thanks & Regards

Was'Salaam
Iqbal Sajid

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 2:51 AM Augusto Luca <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, my name is Augusto and I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
> I work providing training to different companies and public sector.
>
> I received a requirement from one association, asking me to provide an
> Excel Training Course. I will offer them a LibreOffice training so people
> can lose the fear to use an alternative to MSoft that is libre.
>
> I am planning to start with an introduction about difference between free
> and libre software
> If you think something else is needed or you have some materials to
> complement the training I appreciate it.
>
> rgds
> Augusto

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Re: Intro

Hi Augusto, nice to meet you! Welcome to our community :-)

On 03/12/2019 00:49, Augusto Luca wrote:

> I am planning to start with an introduction about difference between free
> and libre software
> If you think something else is needed or you have some materials to
> complement the training I appreciate it.

That's great! Specifically for LibreOffice, you could start by showing
our general promotion video, which explains what the software does and
some of its features:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KC0ZdcA6s8

Then we have some presentations here:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Material#Presentations

Some are a bit dated now, and I believe we have more up-to-date
versions, so I'll contact some people and get hold of newer versions
where possible, and add them to the wiki :-)

Let me know if I can help in any way! I have lots of extra marketing
resources such as flyers and stickers...

Cheers,
Mike (Marketing & community outreach at The Document Foundation)

drodriguez drodriguez

Re: Intro

Hi Augusto,

Maybe you can get some help from Ismael Fanlo's site, https://oficinalibre.net/

El mar., 3 dic. 2019 a las 5:37, Mike Saunders
(<[hidden email]>) escribió:

> Hi Augusto, nice to meet you! Welcome to our community :-)
>
> On 03/12/2019 00:49, Augusto Luca wrote:
> >
> > I am planning to start with an introduction about difference between free
> > and libre software
> > If you think something else is needed or you have some materials to
> > complement the training I appreciate it.
>
> That's great! Specifically for LibreOffice, you could start by showing
> our general promotion video, which explains what the software does and
> some of its features:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KC0ZdcA6s8
>
> Then we have some presentations here:
>
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Material#Presentations
>
> Some are a bit dated now, and I believe we have more up-to-date
> versions, so I'll contact some people and get hold of newer versions
> where possible, and add them to the wiki :-)
>
> Let me know if I can help in any way! I have lots of extra marketing
> resources such as flyers and stickers...
>
> Cheers,
> Mike (Marketing & community outreach at The Document Foundation)

Stelios Lambropoulos Stelios Lambropoulos

RE: Intro

Hi Augusto,

Hundreds of how-to LibreOffice videos are available in the TEST4U YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/test4ueu/search?query=libreoffice
The videos are available in English, German and Greek.

Regards
Stelios