Invitation to in-person board meeting on Monday, September 24, 2018

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Marina Latini-4 Marina Latini-4
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Invitation to in-person board meeting on Monday, September 24, 2018

Dear colleagues,

I hereby, in my role as Chairwoman of The Document Foundation, invite
the Board of Directors as well as their deputies to an in-person board
meeting

     on Monday, September 24, 2018
     at 10:00 local time
     at Hotel Idea, Bulevard Zogu i Pare 62/3, Tirana, Albania

Please plan in enough time for entering the venue.

In case you cannot personally attend the meeting, per § 9 II you can
nominate another board member or a deputy to represent you. Please do so
publicly on this mailing list, in time before the meeting. Be advised
that only one representation is possible per representative.

The agenda is as follows:

1. Welcome and introduction
2. Invitation, representation and quorum
3. Overview of past activities, finances and budget
   3.1 Donations, A/B testing and recurring donations
   3.2 State of the budget and financials
   3.3 List of priorities
4. Planning and strategy for 2019
   4.1 Strategic items
   4.2 COSM project and relationships with OASIS and OpenDoc Society
   4.2 Financials and budgets
   4.3 Projects, activities and priorities
5. MC and BoD meeting
   5.1. Introduce new MC to BoD;
   5.2. Discussion about the requested tool for easy gathering infos on
members, by means of a plugin for TDF's DashBoard or a separate tool;
   5.3. Pootle improvement to overtake the 30 days limit overview;
   5.4. Collecting statistics on membership;
   5.5. State of affairs for transition from Gerrit to CiviCRM or an
other tool;
   5.6. Adaption and update of processes wrt. membership applications
and renewals, and additional statistics;
   5.7. Improvements and updates of mcm tool;
6. Community building and focal points
   6.1 Hackfests
   6.2 LibreOffice Conferences
   6.3 NLC meetings
7. Various

As per § 9 III of our statutes, at least 1/2 of the board must take part
in the meeting or be represented in order to have a quorum.

Certain changes to the statutes require the non-represented, personal
presence of every board member, as per § 15 III, with the need of the
decision to be taken unanimously.

While the meeting is a private one, decisions and results will be made
public as soon as possible, given our approach of transparency, taking
into account § 8 III c 2nd sentence.

Looking forward to meet all of you in Tirana.
ATB,
Marina

[1] https://www.documentfoundation.org/statutes.pdf

--
Marina Latini, Chairwoman of the Board of Directors
Tel: +39 3497482812 | IRC: deneb_alpha on Freenode
GPG key "ID" 0xF010C774 - DAEC 51E7 4316 5FAE EAE0  F256 3DB8 2837 F010 C774
Better use 64-bit 0x3DB82837F010C774 here is why: https://evil32.com/
The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin
Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

sophie sophie
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Invitation to in-person board meeting on Monday, September 24, 2018

Hi all,
Le 09/09/2018 à 21:15, Marina Latini a écrit :

> Dear colleagues,
>
> I hereby, in my role as Chairwoman of The Document Foundation, invite
> the Board of Directors as well as their deputies to an in-person board
> meeting
>
>      on Monday, September 24, 2018
>      at 10:00 local time
>      at Hotel Idea, Bulevard Zogu i Pare 62/3, Tirana, Albania
>
> Please plan in enough time for entering the venue.
>
> In case you cannot personally attend the meeting, per § 9 II you can
> nominate another board member or a deputy to represent you. Please do so
> publicly on this mailing list, in time before the meeting. Be advised
> that only one representation is possible per representative.
>
> The agenda is as follows:
>
> 1. Welcome and introduction
> 2. Invitation, representation and quorum
> 3. Overview of past activities, finances and budget
>    3.1 Donations, A/B testing and recurring donations
>    3.2 State of the budget and financials
>    3.3 List of priorities
> 4. Planning and strategy for 2019
>    4.1 Strategic items
>    4.2 COSM project and relationships with OASIS and OpenDoc Society
>    4.2 Financials and budgets
>    4.3 Projects, activities and priorities
> 5. MC and BoD meeting
>    5.1. Introduce new MC to BoD;
>    5.2. Discussion about the requested tool for easy gathering infos on
> members, by means of a plugin for TDF's DashBoard or a separate tool;
>    5.3. Pootle improvement to overtake the 30 days limit overview;

A side note on this, given migrating to Weblate is a project I would
like to propose for next year, I'd be interested by the requirements
needed by the MC to investigate further on the new tool. Thanks :)

Cheers
Sophie
--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545
IRC: sophi
Release coordinator
The Document Foundation

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

K-J LibreOffice K-J LibreOffice
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Invitation to in-person board meeting on Monday, September 24, 2018

Hi Sophie,
Am 10.09.2018 um 09:50 schrieb sophi:
> Hi all,
>
> A side note on this, given migrating to Weblate is a project I would
> like to propose for next year, I'd be interested by the requirements
> needed by the MC to investigate further on the new tool. Thanks :)

The MC always needs the following informations:
- a list of contributor's amount and quality of contributions for the
last 6 month, simply finding in/with the tool (we can't do that e.g. in
pootle, there we only get 30 days)
- searching for the information with user name and/or real name (we
can't do that e.g. in pootle. If we don't know the registrated name we
are lost)

- perhaps automatically collected by a programm or listing, so that the
MC only has to type the user/nick name and gets a list of contributions
all over our tools.

--
Grüße
k-j

Member of TheDocumentFoundation
https://www.documentfoundation.org/governance/members/
https://de.libreoffice.org
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

sophie sophie
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Invitation to in-person board meeting on Monday, September 24, 2018

Hi K-J
Le 17/09/2018 à 08:12, K-J LibreOffice a écrit :

> Hi Sophie,
> Am 10.09.2018 um 09:50 schrieb sophi:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> A side note on this, given migrating to Weblate is a project I would
>> like to propose for next year, I'd be interested by the requirements
>> needed by the MC to investigate further on the new tool. Thanks :)
>
> The MC always needs the following informations:
> - a list of contributor's amount and quality of contributions for the
> last 6 month, simply finding in/with the tool (we can't do that e.g. in
> pootle, there we only get 30 days)
> - searching for the information with user name and/or real name (we
> can't do that e.g. in pootle. If we don't know the registrated name we
> are lost)
>
> - perhaps automatically collected by a programm or listing, so that the
> MC only has to type the user/nick name and gets a list of contributions
> all over our tools.
>

The situation as it is actually:
- not all teams use Pootle
- some use it only as a repository and you won't be able to see the
amount of translation done by one translator on the files in this case
- not all translators are shown on Pootle: one translator download the
files and send them to other translators , other translate locally on
their tool (OmegaT for example), send the files to one of the translator
who upload all files again.

So existing workflows won't be reflected by the tool. I'll see if it's
possible to retrieve more information with Weblate, but it's quiet the
same workflow that is proposed.

Cheers
Sophie
--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545
IRC: sophi
Release coordinator
The Document Foundation

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/board-discuss/
Privacy Policy: https://www.documentfoundation.org/privacy

Eike Rathke-3 Eike Rathke-3
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Invitation to in-person board meeting on Monday, September 24, 2018

In reply to this post by Marina Latini-4
Hi Marina,

On Sunday, 2018-09-09 21:15:55 +0200, Marina Latini wrote:

> I hereby, in my role as Chairwoman of The Document Foundation, invite
> the Board of Directors as well as their deputies to an in-person board
> meeting
>
>      on Monday, September 24, 2018
>      at 10:00 local time
>      at Hotel Idea, Bulevard Zogu i Pare 62/3, Tirana, Albania
>
> Please plan in enough time for entering the venue.
>
> In case you cannot personally attend the meeting, per § 9 II you can
> nominate another board member or a deputy to represent you. Please do so
> publicly on this mailing list, in time before the meeting. Be advised
> that only one representation is possible per representative.
Unfortunately my flight is scheduled to arrive at Tirana airport on
Monday at 14:20, so I likely won't be able to attend before 17:00

I herewith nominate one of the deputies as my representative:

1. Simon Phipps
2. Jan Holešovský
3. Osvaldo Gervasi

Thanks
  Eike

--
GPG key 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Eike Rathke, Member of the Board of Directors
The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin, Germany
Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint

signature.asc (849 bytes) Download Attachment