Is Report-Builder Broken?

Keith Bates Keith Bates

Is Report-Builder Broken?

I recently upgraded from Ubuntu 18.04 to 18.10 and I discovered that the
report builder module seems to be broken, or at least it does not
execute reports created with earlier versions of LO.

I am using the Ubuntu version of LO  The "About" screen says:

Version: 6.1.2.1
Build ID: 1:6.1.2-0ubuntu1
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.18; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: en-AU (en_AU.UTF-8); Calc: group threaded

When I try to execute the report I get the following error messages

SQL Status: S1000   An error occurred while creating the report.

An exception of type com.sun.star.loader.CannotActivateFactoryException
was caught.

Can not activate the factory for
org.libreoffice.report.pentaho.SOReportJobFactory$_SOReportJobFactory

Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you

Keith

Robert Großkopf Robert Großkopf

Re: Is Report-Builder Broken?

Hi Keith,

> Version: 6.1.2.1
> Build ID: 1:6.1.2-0ubuntu1
> CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 4.18; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
> Locale: en-AU (en_AU.UTF-8); Calc: group threaded

You are using the LO-version from Ubuntu, not directly from LO. So it
could be LO is missing some packages.

But: ReportBuilder of LO 6.1.2.1 has indeed bugs. The most important bug
here is: Label-fields don't show the right label, only the text "Label".
It has been fixed for LO 6.1.3.2

Regards

Robert

Keith Bates Keith Bates

Re: Is Report-Builder Broken?

Typical newbie error after I don't know how many years! With the upgrade
I had to set a Java version. After that it works :)

As you say, Robert, the label fields all showed "Label", but it only
took a few minutes to change them. Everything else is now good.

Keith

--
*Keith Bates**

**Senior Pastor

*p: 02 67924890

s: 4 Mooloobar St
     Narrabri, NSW 2390
w3w: checklist.windsurf.partly

e: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

w: www.new-life.org.au <http://www.new-life.org.au>

*
*