Is TDF doing the EXACT same mistakes as OOo???

Pedro Pedro

Is TDF doing the EXACT same mistakes as OOo???

I can see that RC1 was released today.

Unless I'm mistaken a RC1 (Release Candidate 1) is a release that will only have small adjustments before the official release.

Does this mean that the official installers for Windows users will be the huge multi-language with 343Mb and the absurdibly huge all-language with 498Mb?

Does this also mean that all this discussion
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/A-proposal-for-effective-volunteer-friendly-user-support-in-LibreOffice-tp1954148p1954148.html
and many others on this mailing list were a waste of time?

Is the DF is in such a rush to release a new product that they are going to shoot themselves in the foot???

I'm curious for the next chapters...
Charles Marcus Charles Marcus

Re: Is TDF doing the EXACT same mistakes as OOo???

On 2010-12-05 6:42 PM, plino wrote:
> I can see that RC1 was released today.
>
> Unless I'm mistaken a RC1 (Release Candidate 1) is a release that will only
> have small adjustments before the official release.
>
> Does this mean that the official installers for Windows users will be the
> huge multi-language with 343Mb and the absurdibly huge all-language with
> 498Mb?

This has been discussed many times...

These large monolithic installers is a TEMPORARY SITUATION.

The horse is dead - please stop beating it.

Charles