It's Sunday night - lets fiddle with Calc Threading...

drew-gmail drew-gmail

It's Sunday night - lets fiddle with Calc Threading...

Howdy,

What you think about something to highlight the work going into speeding up
Calc..

I was playing with some of the test files available in the source tree.
This particular file recalculates in half the time using LO 6.2 RC2 as
compared to 6.0.7 on the machine here.

How to show that graphically, me thought.

After a few minutes of fiddling came up this.
https://youtu.be/FMSPMWGdNO0

Too rough to share?

Drew

drew-gmail drew-gmail

Re: It's Sunday night - lets fiddle with Calc Threading...

Of course there had another one in there, heck it isn't just a Sunday it is
a snowy Sunday where I'm at.

so four versions of LO on the screen, from top left and running clockwise
6.0, 6.1, 6.3 alpha, 6.2 RC2
this time the version number is overlaid the cpu monitor screen captures
and fade out, in timing similar to the calculation time...
https://youtu.be/FMSPMWGdNO0

Anyway - realizing calculation threading became standard last release I was
thinking it worth a mention in a social media post for the coming 6.2 as
the developers have continued working on the feature.

So, these are some first ideas for a video to go along with that TBD post
text.

Suppose I'm asking if folks this would be worth the effort?

Best wishes,

Drew

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 10:29 PM Drew Jensen <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> What you think about something to highlight the work going into speeding
> up Calc..
>
> I was playing with some of the test files available in the source tree.
> This particular file recalculates in half the time using LO 6.2 RC2 as
> compared to 6.0.7 on the machine here.
>
> How to show that graphically, me thought.
>
> After a few minutes of fiddling came up this.
> https://youtu.be/FMSPMWGdNO0
>
> Too rough to share?
>
> Drew

drew-gmail drew-gmail

Re: It's Sunday night - lets fiddle with Calc Threading...

Sorry, lets try that URL again for the second file
https://youtu.be/ED-zipIV1dE

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 11:34 PM Drew Jensen <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Of course there had another one in there, heck it isn't just a Sunday it
> is a snowy Sunday where I'm at.
>
> so four versions of LO on the screen, from top left and running clockwise
> 6.0, 6.1, 6.3 alpha, 6.2 RC2
> this time the version number is overlaid the cpu monitor screen captures
> and fade out, in timing similar to the calculation time...
> https://youtu.be/FMSPMWGdNO0
>
> Anyway - realizing calculation threading became standard last release I
> was thinking it worth a mention in a social media post for the coming 6.2
> as the developers have continued working on the feature.
>
> So, these are some first ideas for a video to go along with that TBD post
> text.
>
> Suppose I'm asking if folks this would be worth the effort?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Drew
>

> On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 10:29 PM Drew Jensen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> What you think about something to highlight the work going into speeding
>> up Calc..
>>
>> I was playing with some of the test files available in the source tree.
>> This particular file recalculates in half the time using LO 6.2 RC2 as
>> compared to 6.0.7 on the machine here.
>>
>> How to show that graphically, me thought.
>>
>> After a few minutes of fiddling came up this.
>> https://youtu.be/FMSPMWGdNO0
>>
>> Too rough to share?
>>
>> Drew

drew-gmail drew-gmail

Re: It's Sunday night - lets fiddle with Calc Threading...

and I kept at it for a little while,

So a real first draft, I put the two runs one after so the run length went
to 1:13
https://youtu.be/_jtmydRYSoU

The sound track is not quite right, some popping with the car engine mix,
but you get the idea.

What do you think?

and now it is no longer Sunday here,

Drew

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 11:37 PM Drew Jensen <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Sorry, lets try that URL again for the second file
> https://youtu.be/ED-zipIV1dE
>
> On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 11:34 PM Drew Jensen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Of course there had another one in there, heck it isn't just a Sunday it
>> is a snowy Sunday where I'm at.
>>
>> so four versions of LO on the screen, from top left and running clockwise
>> 6.0, 6.1, 6.3 alpha, 6.2 RC2
>> this time the version number is overlaid the cpu monitor screen captures
>> and fade out, in timing similar to the calculation time...
>> https://youtu.be/FMSPMWGdNO0
>>
>> Anyway - realizing calculation threading became standard last release I
>> was thinking it worth a mention in a social media post for the coming 6.2
>> as the developers have continued working on the feature.
>>
>> So, these are some first ideas for a video to go along with that TBD post
>> text.
>>
>> Suppose I'm asking if folks this would be worth the effort?
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Drew
>>

>> On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 10:29 PM Drew Jensen <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Howdy,
>>>
>>> What you think about something to highlight the work going into speeding
>>> up Calc..
>>>
>>> I was playing with some of the test files available in the source tree.
>>> This particular file recalculates in half the time using LO 6.2 RC2 as
>>> compared to 6.0.7 on the machine here.
>>>
>>> How to show that graphically, me thought.
>>>
>>> After a few minutes of fiddling came up this.
>>> https://youtu.be/FMSPMWGdNO0
>>>
>>> Too rough to share?
>>>
>>> Drew

Sreekanth V K Sreekanth V K

Re: It's Sunday night - lets fiddle with Calc Threading...

The last one looks good for me. However, the operation which is happening is not visible, so for a common person, he/she may not be able to understand the difference. It would be better if you have the Calc in the background (not just writing what is going on) and keep the system monitor over the Calc.

Sincerely,
Sreekanth V K

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

On Monday, January 14, 2019 12:10 PM, Drew Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> and I kept at it for a little while,
>
> So a real first draft, I put the two runs one after so the run length went
> to 1:13
> https://youtu.be/_jtmydRYSoU
>
> The sound track is not quite right, some popping with the car engine mix,
> but you get the idea.
>
> What do you think?
>
> and now it is no longer Sunday here,
>
> Drew
>
> On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 11:37 PM Drew Jensen [hidden email]
> wrote:
>
> > Sorry, lets try that URL again for the second file
> > https://youtu.be/ED-zipIV1dE
> > On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 11:34 PM Drew Jensen [hidden email]
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Of course there had another one in there, heck it isn't just a Sunday it
> > > is a snowy Sunday where I'm at.
> > > so four versions of LO on the screen, from top left and running clockwise
> > > 6.0, 6.1, 6.3 alpha, 6.2 RC2
> > > this time the version number is overlaid the cpu monitor screen captures
> > > and fade out, in timing similar to the calculation time...
> > > https://youtu.be/FMSPMWGdNO0
> > > Anyway - realizing calculation threading became standard last release I
> > > was thinking it worth a mention in a social media post for the coming 6.2
> > > as the developers have continued working on the feature.
> > > So, these are some first ideas for a video to go along with that TBD post
> > > text.
> > > Suppose I'm asking if folks this would be worth the effort?
> > > Best wishes,
> > > Drew

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Re: It's Sunday night - lets fiddle with Calc Threading...

Hi Drew,

On 14/01/2019 07:40, Drew Jensen wrote:

> So a real first draft, I put the two runs one after so the run length went
> to 1:13
> https://youtu.be/_jtmydRYSoU

This is great -- thanks for creating it! Videos like these are really
useful to show under-the-hood improvements in LibreOffice in a more
understandable way.
> The sound track is not quite right, some popping with the car engine mix,
> but you get the idea.

Yeah, the popping is an issue, but I like the idea with the engine. My
two suggesions would be:

1) A bit of info at the start, providing some context -- eg "LibreOffice
6.2 includes calculation threading, which boosts performance". Followed
by: "Let's see it in action, on a complicated spreadsheet" (I don't
think you need to mention that it's about energy markets in different
countries -- that's just extra info that could potentially confuse
viewers, IMO)

2) At the end, a quick summary ("So LibreOffice 6.2 uses all CPU cores
more effectively, for a big speed boost!"), and some crediting to the
developer(s) and their affiliation as well. I can't find much about
threading at https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/6.2 though...

So what do you think of those ideas? When we have a final video, I can
spread it on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Reddit etc. :-)

Mike

Michael Meeks-5 Michael Meeks-5

On 14/01/2019 06:40, Drew Jensen wrote:
> and I kept at it for a little while,
>
> So a real first draft, I put the two runs one after so the run length went
> to 1:13 https://youtu.be/_jtmydRYSoU
>
> The sound track is not quite right, some popping with the car engine mix,
> but you get the idea.

        Nice =)

> What do you think?

        Looks great; we use only real-cores to calculate on[1]; so I'd mention
2 cores - rather than 4 threads. As such we got ~2x as fast with 2 cores ;-)

        Do you have a 4 core machine nearby - or better a 24 one ?

        Lovely video though; I love the raw motorbike-with-hole-in-exhaust
ricer feel =)

        Good stuff,

                Michael.

[1] - hyper-threading is not our friend in the case of some heavy usage
and can make it slower ;-)
--
[hidden email] <><, GM Collabora Productivity
Hangout: [hidden email], Skype: mmeeks

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Drew Jensen wrote on 1/14/19 5:37 AM:
> Sorry, lets try that URL again for the second file
> https://youtu.be/ED-zipIV1dE

Really appreciate it Drew. Nice to mix music, views info.
I've nothing to add to what others suggested, so I Look forward to
spread it :)

Cheers,
Cor

--
Cor Nouws
- volunteer https://www.libreoffice.org

drew-gmail drew-gmail

Re: It's Sunday night - lets fiddle with Calc Threading...

Howdy

<snip>

>         Looks great; we use only real-cores to calculate on[1]; so I'd
> mention
> 2 cores - rather than 4 threads. As such we got ~2x as fast with 2 cores
> ;-)
>
>         Do you have a 4 core machine nearby - or better a 24 one ?

Thought I did. My test machine for this is described as:
Processor: AMD A10-5800k apu with radeon hd graphics x4
Memory: 7 GiB
Graphics: AMD Aruba
OS; Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
OS type: 64 bit
Gnome: 3.28.2
Disk: 308 GB

The files used came from a source patch referring to benchmarking OpenCL
functionality and includes 5 spreadsheets (xls all). Included is a python
script to run them as a batch and to write out recalc times.
So, if I understand correctly OpenCL doesn't mean much on this Linux
desktop, but I will be able to try, a little later, on a Windows 10 machine
also so I took that this would however still show the multi-corps threading
support.

I went back and reran the batch with as little else (easily possible)
running on the test machine. Performance increase varied based on the file,
ranging from ~76% - 30%
Stock History
6.0.7 : 13.9 sec
6.2.0 : 8.71 sec
                        62.68%
37.32% performance increase
Stocks Price Time Correlation
6.0.7 : 21.38 sec
6.2.0 : 9.57 sec
                        44.79%
55.31% performance increase

Energy Market
6.0.7 : 28.44 sec
6.2.0 : 12.43 sec
                        43.74%
58.36% performance increase

Ground Water Daily
6.0.7 :  92.52 sec
6.2.0 : 32.38 sec
                        35.00%
65.00% performance increase
Gross Profit Supermarkets
6.0.7 : 66.95 sec
6.2.0 : 20.15 sec
                        30.09%
69.91% performance increase

Building Design
6.0.7 : 50.14 sec
6.2.0 : 12.06 sec
                        24.05%
75.95% performance increase

The files each contain a write up as to what the data represents and what
statistical functions are being exercised.

More (on other follow up email) on these as this we go.

Best wishes,

Drew

drew-gmail drew-gmail

Re: It's Sunday night - lets fiddle with Calc Threading...

Howdy,

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 2:17 AM Sreekanth V K <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> The last one looks good for me. However, the operation which is happening
> is not visible, so for a common person, he/she may not be able to
> understand the difference. It would be better if you have the Calc in the
> background (not just writing what is going on) and keep the system monitor
> over the Calc.

Thanks for the feedback - the current drafts certainly lack context. The
spreadsheet itself doesn't give much if any visual clues as to what is
happening. It was my goal to use the System Monitor screen capture to show
what is actually happening here. In the one case (LibreOffice versions
without threading) you can see that a single processing is spiking to 100%
for most of the work time, and compare that to LibreOffice 6.2 spreading
the load across all for processors with each running at ~60% maximum while
finishing the actual task significantly faster.

That said I agree with you that there needs to be more to explain what they
are seeing.

Best wishes,

Drew

> Sincerely,
> Sreekanth V K
>
> Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

drew-gmail drew-gmail

Re: It's Sunday night - lets fiddle with Calc Threading...

Before I forget - the files used for to gather these runtime numbers,
posted in an earlier email, are found here:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/admin/projects/benchmark

There are five xls files with an explanation as to what the spreadsheet is
evaluating.

They are 4 years old and seem to be as good as I've found for example files
to show the multi-core threading feature.

Seems to me it might be worthwhile to offer them for download (maybe as a
zip file) and reference that download location in the video and/or
associated posting text.

Also, yesterday I went back and reviewed a number of the blog posts and a
few media posts regarding threading (OpenCL and Multi-Core), thought that
was a good first step in writing up a script for use here.

Have also gone through the Calc Functions list, as supplied in the Calc
Guide (updating it from 4.1 - 6.2) and have marked which functions are
thread enabled and which are not - not sure I have an exhaustive list but
should be close if not there. That is not really a marketing issue but in a
marketing piece listing the categories of statistical functions supporting
the feature seems to make sense.

OK - that's it for this email.

On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 2:32 PM Drew Jensen <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 2:17 AM Sreekanth V K <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> The last one looks good for me. However, the operation which is happening
>> is not visible, so for a common person, he/she may not be able to
>> understand the difference. It would be better if you have the Calc in the
>> background (not just writing what is going on) and keep the system monitor
>> over the Calc.
>>

> Thanks for the feedback - the current drafts certainly lack context. The
> spreadsheet itself doesn't give much if any visual clues as to what is
> happening. It was my goal to use the System Monitor screen capture to show
> what is actually happening here. In the one case (LibreOffice versions
> without threading) you can see that a single processing is spiking to 100%
> for most of the work time, and compare that to LibreOffice 6.2 spreading
> the load across all for processors with each running at ~60% maximum while
> finishing the actual task significantly faster.
>
> That said I agree with you that there needs to be more to explain what
> they are seeing.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Drew
>

>> Sincerely,
>> Sreekanth V K
>>
>> Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

drew-gmail drew-gmail

Nightly Rush Calc Threading video was: It's Sunday night - lets fiddle with Calc Threading...

So I wrote a first draft of a script; short and simple
----
LibreOffice 6.2 will be the second release to offer multi-core threading as
a standard feature.

With threading support spreadsheet calculation performance is significantly
enhanced.

In this video we will use an example file from the Architectural profession.

Our example spreadsheet contains 234,000 data points used to compute ETTV
(Envelope Thermal Transfer Value) for an entire building.

We are using a representative office computer with AMD 4 core processor and
8GB of ram and Ubuntu 18.04 operating system.

A full recalc of the Building Design spreadsheet using LibreOffice 6.0.7
takes 50.14 sec,
the same file using LibreOffice 6.2.0, with multi-core threading, only
12.06 seconds.

A 75.95% performance increase!
---

Used my poor quality microphone capture of reading the script and got it
down to 42 seconds.

Put a a nightly rush video to that https://youtu.be/suRcgtBos9A

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 1:22 PM Drew Jensen <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Before I forget - the files used for to gather these runtime numbers,
> posted in an earlier email, are found here:
> https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/admin/projects/benchmark
>
> There are five xls files with an explanation as to what the spreadsheet is
> evaluating.
>
> They are 4 years old and seem to be as good as I've found for example
> files to show the multi-core threading feature.
>
> Seems to me it might be worthwhile to offer them for download (maybe as a
> zip file) and reference that download location in the video and/or
> associated posting text.
>
> Also, yesterday I went back and reviewed a number of the blog posts and a
> few media posts regarding threading (OpenCL and Multi-Core), thought that
> was a good first step in writing up a script for use here.
>
> Have also gone through the Calc Functions list, as supplied in the Calc
> Guide (updating it from 4.1 - 6.2) and have marked which functions are
> thread enabled and which are not - not sure I have an exhaustive list but
> should be close if not there. That is not really a marketing issue but in a
> marketing piece listing the categories of statistical functions supporting
> the feature seems to make sense.
>
> OK - that's it for this email.
>
> On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 2:32 PM Drew Jensen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 2:17 AM Sreekanth V K <
>> [hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> The last one looks good for me. However, the operation which is
>>> happening is not visible, so for a common person, he/she may not be able to
>>> understand the difference. It would be better if you have the Calc in the
>>> background (not just writing what is going on) and keep the system monitor
>>> over the Calc.
>>>

>> Thanks for the feedback - the current drafts certainly lack context. The
>> spreadsheet itself doesn't give much if any visual clues as to what is
>> happening. It was my goal to use the System Monitor screen capture to show
>> what is actually happening here. In the one case (LibreOffice versions
>> without threading) you can see that a single processing is spiking to 100%
>> for most of the work time, and compare that to LibreOffice 6.2 spreading
>> the load across all for processors with each running at ~60% maximum while
>> finishing the actual task significantly faster.
>>
>> That said I agree with you that there needs to be more to explain what
>> they are seeing.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>>
>> Drew
>>

>>> Sincerely,
>>> Sreekanth V K
>>>
>>> Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.

drew-gmail drew-gmail

Re: Nightly Rush Calc Threading video was: It's Sunday night - lets fiddle with Calc Threading...

Otherwise not sure if the noise is because it's not that bad or not that
good..

Anyway - a little self critiquing on the graphics and layout and here one
more pass over the material.

So if you look at what I have now it begs the question - what to put on the
end of it?

First, I thought it would be good to mention that not every spread sheet is
going to see a 76% performance increase in re-calcs.

I figure the easiest way is to reference the other 4 files and the numbers
from them.

Yes?

So - here is the latest draft https://youtu.be/_aClBaBCdYE

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 8:37 PM Drew Jensen <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
>> the feature seems to make sense.
>>
>> OK - that's it for this email.
>>
>> On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 2:32 PM Drew Jensen <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Howdy,

>>> Thanks for the feedback - the current drafts certainly lack context. The
>>> spreadsheet itself doesn't give much if any visual clues as to what is
>>> happening. It was my goal to use the System Monitor screen capture to show
>>> what is actually happening here. In the one case (LibreOffice versions
>>> without threading) you can see that a single processing is spiking to 100%
>>> for most of the work time, and compare that to LibreOffice 6.2 spreading
>>> the load across all for processors with each running at ~60% maximum while
>>> finishing the actual task significantly faster.
>>>
>>> That said I agree with you that there needs to be more to explain what

drew-gmail drew-gmail

Re: Nightly Rush Calc Threading video was: It's Sunday night - lets fiddle with Calc Threading...

OK - it's Sunday night and after a week this is where this is at.

Added a few lines to the script.
LibreOffice 6.2 becomes the second release to offer multi-core threading as
standard feature.

With threading support spreadsheet calculation performance is significantly
enhanced.

In this video we will use an example file from the Architectural profession.

Our example spreadsheet contains 234,000 data points used to compute ETTV
(Envelope Thermal Transfer Value) for an entire building.

We are using a representative office computer with AMD 4 core processor and
8GB of ram and Ubuntu 18.04 operating system.

A full recalc of the Building Design spreadsheet using LibreOffice 6.0.7
takes 50.14 sec,

the same file using LibreOffice 6.2.0, with multi-core threading, only
12.06 seconds.

A 75.95% performance increase!

How much of a performance increase will you see in your Calc worksheets?

This depends largely on how calculation heavy your work is.

Representative benchmark spreadsheets covering scenarios from Stock Pricing
to Water Table Monitoring

produced performance increases ranging from 37% to 75% with this 4 core
processor based system.
---------------------------

Kept the graphics layout and put another quick read of a voice over. Used a
tool to strip out excess blank space in the audio and got a bit over
zealous with it, but good enough for a draft.
Which is here: https://youtu.be/WBGLyogqKYI

What I would like to do to end it is to thank the folks who actually did
the engineering work behind the work.
How would that best be?

Thanks

Drew

On Sun, Jan 20, 2019 at 9:38 AM Drew Jensen <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> [...]
>>>
>>> They are 4 years old and seem to be as good as I've found for example
>>> files to show the multi-core threading feature.
>>>
>>> Seems to me it might be worthwhile to offer them for download (maybe as
>>> a zip file) and reference that download location in the video and/or
>>> associated posting text.
>>>
>>> Also, yesterday I went back and reviewed a number of the blog posts and
>>> a few media posts regarding threading (OpenCL and Multi-Core), thought that
>>> was a good first step in writing up a script for use here.
>>>
>>> Have also gone through the Calc Functions list, as supplied in the Calc
>>> Guide (updating it from 4.1 - 6.2) and have marked which functions are
>>> thread enabled and which are not - not sure I have an exhaustive list but
>>> should be close if not there. That is not really a marketing issue but in a
>>> marketing piece listing the categories of statistical functions supporting

Sreekanth V K Sreekanth V K

Re: Nightly Rush Calc Threading video was: It's Sunday night - lets fiddle with Calc Threading...

Good work and improved a lot.

> What I would like to do to end it is to thank the folks who actually did
> the engineering work behind the work.
> How would that best be?

It would be great. It would be great to inform the variation in the performance depending on the spreadsheet content.

On 21/01/2019 00:35, Drew Jensen wrote:
> How much of a performance increase will you see in your Calc worksheets?
>
> This depends largely on how calculation heavy your work is.
>
> Representative benchmark spreadsheets covering scenarios from Stock Pricing
> to Water Table Monitoring
>
> produced performance increases ranging from 37% to 75% with this 4 core
> processor based system.

        Sounds good to me. It's quite normal to talk performance wins in X
factors over the original - so 75% is 4x - and 37% is 1.6X - which is
perhaps easier for people to grok: old-time/new-time.

> What I would like to do to end it is to thank the folks who actually did
> the engineering work behind the work.
> How would that best be?

        The threading work credit is:

        Collabora engineers:
                Tor Lillqvist, Luboš Luňák & Dennis Francis

        and of course thanks to AMD too.

        Thanks so much for putting this all together !

        All the best,

                Michael.

drew-gmail drew-gmail

Re: Nightly Rush Calc Threading video was: It's Sunday night - lets fiddle with Calc Threading...

> Howdy,

> > produced performance increases ranging from 37% to 75% with this 4 core
> > processor based system.
>
>         Sounds good to me. It's quite normal to talk performance wins in X
> factors over the original - so 75% is 4x - and 37% is 1.6X - which is
> perhaps easier for people to grok: old-time/new-time.

Sure, will make that change.

> > What I would like to do to end it is to thank the folks who actually did
> > the engineering work behind the work.
> > How would that best be?
>
>         The threading work credit is:
>
>         Collabora engineers:
>                 Tor Lillqvist, Luboš Luňák & Dennis Francis
>
>         and of course thanks to AMD too.

Excellent. That is what I was asking.

Collabora and AMD are both on the TDF Advisory Board, I believe, so perhaps
say it as:
---
Multi-core threading support in the LibreOffice calculation engine is the
result of engineering work lead by a core team at TDF Advisory Board
members Collabora Ltd., Tor Lillqvist, Luboš Luňák & Dennis Francis, and
Applied Micro Devices (AMD).
---

I assume it would be acceptable to use the Logos from Collabora and AMD for
the graphic element of that screen?

Thanks,

Drew

drew-gmail drew-gmail

Re: Nightly Rush Calc Threading video was: It's Sunday night - lets fiddle with Calc Threading...

Regarding the use of the third party logos - this is they way I would use
them on the work credit screens.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iJZQAOeYWESeQfKYePp9653TQQxje_5C/view?usp=sharing

On 21/01/2019 17:35, Drew Jensen wrote:
> Collabora and AMD are both on the TDF Advisory Board, I believe, so perhaps

        Hmm; I forget if AMD is still there.

> Multi-core threading support in the LibreOffice calculation engine is the
> result of engineering work lead by a core team at TDF Advisory Board
> members Collabora Ltd., Tor Lillqvist, Luboš Luňák & Dennis Francis, and
> Applied Micro Devices (AMD).
> ---

        Collabora Productivity Limited - if we want a proper name - I'd just
use 'Collabora' for the group.

> I assume it would be acceptable to use the Logos from Collabora and AMD for
> the graphic element of that screen?

        Fine by me for Collabora's

        Sorry for the ultra-slow reply; I really value a CC but TDF's lists do
reply-to-mangling and drop that (sadly) which means I have to poll the
marketing list from time to time & remember threads to look for replies.

        Thanks for the great work here,

        ATB,

                Michael.