JRE help please

Peggy Peggy

JRE help please

I installed JRE several days ago and have closed Libre Office, but I still
get this message when I try to run a macro.

"LibreOffice requires a Java runtime environment (JRE) to perform this
task. Please install a JRE and restart LibreOffice."

Under the Java Control Panel > General it says that Java in the browser is
enabled. I'm attaching a view of what it says "Java > view.

Did I install the wrong thing or does anyone have suggestions?

Thank you!

remygauthier remygauthier

Re: JRE help please

Hi,

Did you "add" the Java JRE in LO? You need to go to Tools -> Options ->
Advanced and add the path to the JRE there.

I hope this helps.

Rémy.

Le vendredi 31 août 2018 à 18:31 -0400, Peggy a écrit :

> I installed JRE several days ago and have closed Libre Office, but I still
> get this message when I try to run a macro.
>
> "LibreOffice requires a Java runtime environment (JRE) to perform this
> task. Please install a JRE and restart LibreOffice."
>

> Under the Java Control Panel > General it says that Java in the browser is
> enabled. I'm attaching a view of what it says "Java > view.
>
> Did I install the wrong thing or does anyone have suggestions?
>
> Thank you!

TomD TomD

Re: JRE help please

I think you need to enable it within LibreOffice.  I thought it was enabled
by default.

Tools - Option - (the first heading down the side called "LibreOffice") -

and then just tick the box at the top.  Underneath there should be a box
listing all the different versions of Java on your machine.  Tick the newest
one.

Btw attachments can't be sent to the mailing list directly.  The work-around
is to post the attachment to a file-sharing site and then put a link to the
file in your email.  That avoids everyone on the mailing list having to
download attachments that might not be relevant to the discussions they are
involved with.

Nabble tries to make all of that easier and presents the mailing list as a
forum.  It's still a mailing list but Nabble makes it look more like a
forum.
Regards from a Tom :)

Peggy Peggy

Re: JRE help please

I followed your instructions, but was defeated at the "bin" it shows the
file in my programs, but not when I go through the Advance to add the path.
I can't open the "bin"

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 7:21 PM Remy Gauthier <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Did you "add" the Java JRE in LO? You need to go to Tools -> Options ->
> Advanced and add the path to the JRE there.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Rémy.
>
> Le vendredi 31 août 2018 à 18:31 -0400, Peggy a écrit :
>
> I installed JRE several days ago and have closed Libre Office, but I still
> get this message when I try to run a macro.
>
> "LibreOffice requires a Java runtime environment (JRE) to perform this
> task. Please install a JRE and restart LibreOffice."
>

> Under the Java Control Panel > General it says that Java in the browser is
> enabled. I'm attaching a view of what it says "Java > view.
>
> Did I install the wrong thing or does anyone have suggestions?
>
> Thank you!

Peggy Peggy

Re: JRE help please

Sorry about the attachemnts. I'm not sure how to find a file-sharing site.

I only have the one version of Java. Someone sent me a message about it
needing to be 64 bits, since that's what my LibreOffice is. I've installed
the 32Bit version. Now I just have to find the other one.

Thanks so much for you and the other two replies!

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 7:27 PM TomD <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi :)
> I think you need to enable it within LibreOffice.  I thought it was enabled
> by default.
>
> Tools - Option - (the first heading down the side called "LibreOffice") -
>
> and then just tick the box at the top.  Underneath there should be a box
> listing all the different versions of Java on your machine.  Tick the
> newest
> one.
>

> Btw attachments can't be sent to the mailing list directly.  The
> work-around
> is to post the attachment to a file-sharing site and then put a link to the
> file in your email.  That avoids everyone on the mailing list having to
> download attachments that might not be relevant to the discussions they are
> involved with.
>
> Nabble tries to make all of that easier and presents the mailing list as a
> forum.  It's still a mailing list but Nabble makes it look more like a
> forum.
> Regards from a Tom :)
>

> --
> Sent from:
> http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Users-f1639498.html

Robert Großkopf Robert Großkopf

Re: JRE help please

Hi Peggy,

is your system a Windows-system? You have a 64bit-system? Did you
install Java and LibreOffice for the same 64bit or one for 32bit and the
other for 64bit?

Regards

Robert

Peggy Peggy

Re: JRE help please

Hi Robert. Thanks for the reply. It's a 64 bit system and I had installed
32bit Java. It's working now, thanks to all the help from this group!