Keyboard shortcut to reset the date Field

Tinkerer Tinkerer

Keyboard shortcut to reset the date Field

I have a template with a Fixed Date Field.
Is there a keyboard short cut I can use to reset the date when I open it.
I do not want a variable date in the finished article.

Tink.
Gianluca Turconi-3 Gianluca Turconi-3

Re: Keyboard shortcut to reset the date Field

In data 12 febbraio 2011 alle ore 12:35:07, Tinkerer
<[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> I have a template with a Fixed Date Field.
> Is there a keyboard short cut I can use to reset the date when I open it.

To reset to *what*? The current day?

It is a rather strange request, IMO.

Regards,

Gianluca
--
Tempesta e Passione sbarcano su Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/Sturm-Drang-Gianluca-Turconi/dp/B004J06MJK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1296379475&sr=8-2

Tinkerer Tinkerer

Re: Keyboard shortcut to reset the date Field

Gianluca Turconi-3 wrote
<j_taylor18@btinternet.com> ha scritto:

> I have a template with a Fixed Date Field.
> Is there a keyboard short cut I can use to reset the date when I open it.

To reset to *what*? The current day?

It is a rather strange request, IMO.

Regards,

Gianluca
--
Tempesta e Passione sbarcano su Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/Sturm-Drang-Gianluca-Turconi/dp/B004J06MJK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1296379475&sr=8-2
Lettura gratuita o acquisto di libri e racconti di fantascienza, fantasy,
horror, noir, narrativa fantastica e tradizionale:
http://www.letturefantastiche.com/

 What is strange about it?
I want the current date on my letters and I want it fixed, so that I know when I wrote it.
I can either have a Template with a variable date, then change it to a fixed date when I open it, or I can have a fixed date that needs updating to the current date.
sounds simple enough.

Tink.
Tinkerer Tinkerer

Re: Keyboard shortcut to reset the date Field

Gianluca Turconi-3 wrote
In data 12 febbraio 2011 alle ore 12:35:07, Tinkerer
<j_taylor18@btinternet.com> ha scritto:

> I have a template with a Fixed Date Field.
> Is there a keyboard short cut I can use to reset the date when I open it.

To reset to *what*? The current day?

It is a rather strange request, IMO.

Regards,

Gianluca
--
Tempesta e Passione sbarcano su Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/Sturm-Drang-Gianluca-Turconi/dp/B004J06MJK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1296379475&sr=8-2
Lettura gratuita o acquisto di libri e racconti di fantascienza, fantasy,
horror, noir, narrativa fantastica e tradizionale:
http://www.letturefantastiche.com/

 What is strange about it?
I want the current date on my letters and I want it fixed, so that I know when I wrote it.
I can either have a Template with a variable date, then change it to a fixed date when I open it, or I can have a fixed date that needs updating to the current date.
Sounds simple enough.

Tink.
Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Re: Keyboard shortcut to reset the date Field

Hi Tink,

Tinkerer wrote (12-02-11 12:35)

> I have a template with a Fixed Date Field.
> Is there a keyboard short cut I can use to reset the date when I open it.
> I do not want a variable date in the finished article.

Of course.
But when you have a template of today with a fixed date field, and
create a new document with that tomorrow, the field will have tomorrows
date. So: it will have the date that the document is created.

Is that what you want?

regards,
Cor

PS Your mails come in the moderation cue. Maybe you could be so kind to
either subscribe to this list, or apply for this list too in Gmane.

Thanks :-)

Tinkerer Tinkerer

Re: Keyboard shortcut to reset the date Field

Cor Nouws wrote
Hi Tink,

Tinkerer wrote (12-02-11 12:35)

> I have a template with a Fixed Date Field.
> Is there a keyboard short cut I can use to reset the date when I open it.
> I do not want a variable date in the finished article.

Of course.
But when you have a template of today with a fixed date field, and
create a new document with that tomorrow, the field will have tomorrows
date. So: it will have the date that the document is created.

Is that what you want?

regards,
Cor

PS Your mails come in the moderation cue. Maybe you could be so kind to
either subscribe to this list, or apply for this list too in Gmane.

Thanks :-)

That is exactly what I want. Many thanks.
I have just subscribed again, it didn't work last time.
my apologies.

Tink.

Tom Tom

Re: Keyboard shortcut to reset the date Field

On Linux this might be possible but it might be a hassle to set it up.  Ubuntu
makes it reasonably easy to set global keyboard shortcuts.  On Windows i think
it might be worth finding a different route.  Perhaps a notepad file to hold the
date and then copy&paste it into documents?

Good luck and regards from
Tom :)

________________________________
ha scritto:

> I have a template with a Fixed Date Field.
> Is there a keyboard short cut I can use to reset the date when I open it.

To reset to *what*? The current day?

It is a rather strange request, IMO.

Regards,

Gianluca
--Tempesta e Passione sbarcano su Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/Sturm-Drang-Gianluca-Turconi/dp/B004J06MJK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1296379475&sr=8-2

Lettura gratuita o acquisto di libri e racconti di fantascienza, fantasy,
horror, noir, narrativa fantastica e tradizionale:
http://www.letturefantastiche.com/

--Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/users/

Tinkerer Tinkerer

Re: Keyboard shortcut to reset the date Field

Hi Tom

Cor Nouws solved it for me.
Apparently all I need to do is put a Fixed date in the Template and it will show the current date when I open it and that date will be Fixed.
LOo is brilliant.

Tink.