LO 4.0.4.1 crashes when running a report

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
H. Stoellinger H. Stoellinger
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LO 4.0.4.1 crashes when running a report

Hello,
When trying to run a report under LO 4.0.4.1 LO crashes with the following
message:
kernel: [12362.147061] soffice.bin[28748]: segfault at 18 ip 00000018 sp bfc62c8c
error 14 in soffice.bin[8048000+1000]
My system is Linux-Debian-Wheezy, 32-bit.
Regards
H. S.

--
Erstellt mit Operas revolutionärem E-Mail-Modul: http://www.opera.com/mail/

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

lar44 lar44
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LO 4.0.4.1 crashes when running a report

Is this generally true with LO 4.xxxx ? Tested in Win7 and XP.
I experience crashes with LO 4.0.4.2 and Java error messages with LO 4.1.0.0.beta2 on report execution.
All reports created under LO 3xx don't work anymore so I have to stay with LO3.6.6.
This is a stopper for me.

H. Stoellinger H. Stoellinger
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LO 4.0.4.1 crashes when running a report

Hello,
I am sorry I cannot say whether the crashes also happen under 4.0.x,
but this situation under 4.1-beta2 is definitely show-stopper for me too.
Regards
H.S.

On Thu, 20 Jun 2013 11:13:21 +0200, lar44 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is this generally true with LO 4.xxxx ? Tested in Win7 and XP.
> I experience crashes with LO 4.0.4.2 and Java error messages with LO
> 4.1.0.0.beta2 on report execution.
> All reports created under LO 3xx don't work anymore so I have to stay with
> LO3.6.6.
> This is a stopper for me.
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/LO-4-0-4-1-crashes-when-running-a-report-tp4061319p4062327.html
> Sent from the Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>


--
Erstellt mit Operas revolutionärem E-Mail-Modul: http://www.opera.com/mail/

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

lar44 lar44
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LO 4.0.4.1 crashes when running a report

Hello Heinrich,
Please install the latest release LO 4.1.0.1: All reports are working !
Kudos to all involved developers: the show is going again!
Regards L.A.
H. Stoellinger H. Stoellinger
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LO 4.0.4.1 crashes when running a report

Will do...

On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 16:49:11 +0200, lar44 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Heinrich,
> Please install the latest release LO 4.1.0.1: All reports are working !
> Kudos to all involved developers: the show is going again!
> Regards L.A.
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/LO-4-0-4-1-crashes-when-running-a-report-tp4061319p4062712.html
> Sent from the Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>


--
Erstellt mit Operas revolutionärem E-Mail-Modul: http://www.opera.com/mail/

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

H. Stoellinger H. Stoellinger
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LO 4.0.4.1 crashes when running a report

In reply to this post by lar44
Do you mean the version of June 23, found under "pre-releases"?

On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 16:49:11 +0200, lar44 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Heinrich,
> Please install the latest release LO 4.1.0.1: All reports are working !
> Kudos to all involved developers: the show is going again!
> Regards L.A.
>
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/LO-4-0-4-1-crashes-when-running-a-report-tp4061319p4062712.html
> Sent from the Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>


--
Erstellt mit Operas revolutionärem E-Mail-Modul: http://www.opera.com/mail/

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

lar44 lar44
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LO 4.0.4.1 crashes when running a report

Exactly.
I got it from ftp://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/pool/1/mirror/tdf/libreoffice/testing/4.1.0/... OS dependent
The installation files are dated june 20, 2013.
I installed the x86 version for win7.
best regards
L.A
federico quadri federico quadri
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LO 4.0.4.1 crashes when running a report

I experienced same problem.
    My base CRASHES when I start report builder. That's  A LOT annoying.....
    Why did the document foundation REMOVE the "old" directory from
download server?
    These problems could be easily faced reinstalling previous version.
    But download page offer 4.0.4 and 3.6.6 ONLY. I can't understand why
4.0.3.3 is no more downloadable.....

    Federico Quadri

    lar44 <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Exactly.
>   I got it from
> ftp://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/pool/1/mirror/tdf/libreoffice/testing/4.1.0/...
>   OS dependent
>   The installation files are dated june 20, 2013.
>   I installed the x86 version for win7.
>   best regards
>   L.A
>
>
>
>   --
>   View this message in context:  
> http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/LO-4-0-4-1-crashes-when-running-a-report-tp4061319p4062802.html
>   Sent from the Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>   --
>   To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
>   Problems?  
> http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
>   Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
>   List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/All 
> messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be  
> deleted

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

V Stuart Foote V Stuart Foote
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LO 4.0.4.1 crashes when running a report

federico quadri wrote
I can't understand why 4.0.3.3 is no more downloadable.....
Available under the downloadarchive of old builds and releases...

http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/4.0.3.3

federico quadri federico quadri
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LO 4.0.4.1 crashes when running a report

Thanks a lot for the link.
    In the official download page the subfolder "old" has been removed......

    V Stuart Foote <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> federico quadri wrote  > I can't understand why 4.0.3.3 is no more  
> downloadable.....
>   Available under the downloadarchive of old builds and releases...
>
> http://downloadarchive.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/old/4.0.3.3
>
>
>
>
>
>   --
>   View this message in context:  
> http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/LO-4-0-4-1-crashes-when-running-a-report-tp4061319p4062844.html
>   Sent from the Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>   --
>   To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
>   Problems?  
> http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
>   Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
>   List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/All 
> messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be  
> deleted

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Tom Tom
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LO 4.0.4.1 crashes when running a report

Hi :)  
Thanks for that link Stuart!  I didn't realise older versions were still available.  :)

The official pages try to reduce the chance of confusion by removing choices.  Even so people do get very confused very easily.  Confusion is always going to be a problem for gateway projects that may well be the first, or one of the first, OpenSource projects that people use.  

When given choices that suit different circumstances people tend to ask "but which is best" then whatever answer is given they grumble that it's all too confusing.  A rough equivalent would be going to a shop to buy a dress and finding 2 identical except one is green and one is red and then grumbling because the shop assistant is unable to tell you which is best.  LibreOffice has to try to avoid confusing 'customers' like that.  

Regards from
Tom :)  
H. Stoellinger H. Stoellinger
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LO 4.0.4.1 crashes when running a report

In reply to this post by lar44
Hello,
Thanks for the info - alas,there isn't any desktop-integration directory on
THAT version either.
On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 09:20:43 +0200, lar44 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Exactly.
> I got it from
> ftp://sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch/pool/1/mirror/tdf/libreoffice/testing/4.1.0/...
> OS dependent
> The installation files are dated june 20, 2013.
> I installed the x86 version for win7.

> best regards
> L.A
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/LO-4-0-4-1-crashes-when-running-a-report-tp4061319p4062802.html
> Sent from the Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>


--
Erstellt mit Operas revolutionärem E-Mail-Modul: http://www.opera.com/mail/

--
To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/users/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted