LO 6.2 Writer tab stops

John Kaufmann John Kaufmann

LO 6.2 Writer tab stops

It has been months, and several releases, since I last used LO in
      any serious way, and it seems that, somewhere in the transitions
      from 4.? to 5.? to 6.2, Writer tab settings have been displaced.
      The LO 6.2 online Help says:

You can set a tab stop
            by clicking on the ruler or by selectingFormat
                - Paragraph - Tabs.Both methods affect the
            current paragraph or all selected paragraphs.
-- which is how I remember it.   But when I try, via the menu, toFormat -
            Paragraph, there is no"Tabs"tab - just:

"IndentsSpacing" - "Alignment" - "Text Flow"
          - "OutlineNumbering" - "Drop Caps" - "Borders"
          - "Area" - "Transparency".

And if I
          (double-)click on the ruler, it opens the sameFormat -
                Paragraphmenu at the "Borders" tab (which of course
              has nothing to do with tab stop settings).

Can someone direct me to the solution to this common (and
      formerly simple) problem?

John

John Kaufmann John Kaufmann

Re: LO 6.2 Writer tab stops

On 2019-08-12 00:38, John Kaufmann wrote:

> It has been months, and several releases, since I last used LO in any serious way, and it seems that, somewhere in the transitions from 4.? to 5.? to 6.2, Writer tab settings have been displaced.  The LO 6.2 online Help says:

> "You can set a tab stop by clicking on the ruler or by selecting Format - Paragraph - Tabs. Both methods affect the  current paragraph or all selected paragraphs."
> -- which is how I remember it.   But when I try, via the menu, to Format - Paragraph, there is no "Tabs" tab - just:
>
> "Indents & Spacing" - "Alignment" - "Text Flow" - "Outline Numbering" - "Drop Caps" - "Borders" - "Area" - "Transparency".
>
> And if I (double-)click on the ruler, it opens the same Format - Paragraph menu at the "Borders" tab (which of course has nothing to do with tab stop settings).
>
> Can someone direct me to the solution to this common (and formerly simple) problem?

On further investigation, I find that including certain codes (like column break) in the scope of a "Format - Paragraph" operation upsets the menu (including removing the "Tabs" tab. Don't know why that is, and would be grateful for any enlightenment.

John