LO Basic: DialogLibraries contains no elements

Pusteblumi Pusteblumi

LO Basic: DialogLibraries contains no elements

Dear LibreOffice experts,

I have an extension "OOoLilyPond" written in LO Basic:
https://extensions.libreoffice.org/extensions/ooolilypond
For many users (including myself) it works without problems.

However, some users have reported that macro execution is aborted with an
error message
/BASIC runtime error.
An exception occurred
Type: com.sun.star.container.NoSuchElementException
Message: ./
caused by the code line
/DialogLibraries.LoadLibrary ("OOoLilyPond")/

DialogLibraries should contain multiple entries for some standard macros
like "FormWizard", "Access2Base" etc. as well as an "OOoLilyPond" entry for
the installed extension.
Apparently, for those affected users, DialogLibraries is completely empty:
https://github.com/openlilylib/LO-ly/issues/20

This seems to affect different configurations:
- LO 6.0.4.2, Linux 3.13
- LO 6.1.1.2, Windows x64
- LO 6.2.2.2, Ubuntu 19.04

I have absolutely no idea what is happening, and I cannot reproduce the
error on my system.

Can anybody help us?

Cheers,
Klaus

--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Dev-f1639786.html
julien2412 julien2412

Re: LO Basic: DialogLibraries contains no elements

Hi,

On pc Debian x86-64 with master sources updated today + lilypond installed
today (2.19.81) + brand new LO profile, I gave it a try.
Here are the steps done:
- retrieve OOoLilyPond 0.5.8 oxt file from
https://extensions.libreoffice.org/extensions/ooolilypond/0-5.8
- Launch Writer then Tools menu, extension manager
- Click "Add" button
- Select oxt file + "Open" button
- in popup dialog, click "For all users"
- Close extension dialog
- restart Writer
- in menu Tools a new option "Add-Ons" is now there containing just
"OOoLilyPond"
- select it
- a popup appears with :
Information:
"The folder "/home/julien/OOoLilyPond-Templates"  has been created. ...."
click Ok button
=> OOoLilyPondEditor appeared with these lines:
"% For getting started read (copy URL into your web browser):
% https://github.com/openlilylib/LO-ly
% <a href="http://lilypond.org/doc/stable/Documentation/learning/simple-notation%">http://lilypond.org/doc/stable/Documentation/learning/simple-notation%
%
% Use the "Custom 1" to transpose your music expression. E. g. try "e a'".

\key e \major e8 fis gis e fis8 b,4. | e2\fermata \bar "|."

Just for the test, could you uninstall the extension, rename your LO
directory profile and reinstall it?

Julien

--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Dev-f1639786.html
Pusteblumi Pusteblumi

Re: LO Basic: DialogLibraries contains no elements

Hi Julien,

thanks for your hint.
Your description shows that you successfully installed and launched
OOoLilyPond.

julien2412 wrote
> Just for the test, could you uninstall the extension, rename your LO
> directory profile and reinstall it?

I've taken those steps just now, but on my system it made no difference (I
didn't have the mentioned problem myself).
But IIUC this is a standard procedure in case of strange behaviour, and the
affected users should give it a try?

Cheers,
Klaus

--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Dev-f1639786.html
yaemmanuelli yaemmanuelli

Re: LO Basic: DialogLibraries contains no elements

Hello,

I have deleted the folder ~OOoLilyPond-Templates and attempted a new
installation.
No change in the behavior.

I was not given the choice for all users or only for me.

Regards.

Yves-Antoine.

--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Dev-f1639786.html
Pusteblumi Pusteblumi

Re: LO Basic: DialogLibraries contains no elements

Hi Yves-Antoine,

yaemmanuelli wrote
> I have deleted the folder ~OOoLilyPond-Templates and attempted a new
> installation.

IIUC it's not about the OLy templates folder. These are the steps mentioned
by Julien:

1.) Uninstall OOoLilyPond via the Extension Manager.

2.) Rename the LO profile folder as desribed here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile#Resolving_corruption
(under "LibreOffice 5.2 and older"!)

3.) Reinstall OOoLilyPond

Does that help?

Cheers,
Klaus

--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Dev-f1639786.html
julien2412 julien2412

Re: LO Basic: DialogLibraries contains no elements

Pusteblumi wrote
> But IIUC this is a standard procedure in case of strange behaviour, and
> the
> affected users should give it a try?

Yes it helped in many cases when LO profile has been corrupted with a bug
from a previous LO version or from an extension.

Julien

--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Dev-f1639786.html