LO Color/Colour Palettes - a " the de facto industrial standard" system?

krackedpress krackedpress

LO Color/Colour Palettes - a " the de facto industrial standard" system?

Has anyone here heard of the Open Colour Systems Collection?

I came onto it in 2016 - and forgot about to soon after.  So now I am
revisiting it.

In my quest to make an OXT file with color palettes, I searched my
folders with SOC palette files.  I found some interesting palette
names.  Here is one for the British users, maybe. "British Standard
Colours.soc"

I am going through these and seeing what they look like as a palette for
LibreOffice.

Currently the listed palettes I have in my collection are shown in this
image:

http://libreoffice-na.us/palettes-included-here-scaled.jpg

This is the extension file to add them to your copy of LibreOffice.

http://libreoffice-na.us/Palette-Collections.oxt

Since I have not heard of the Open Colour Systems Collection, here is a
quote for the "read me" file.

<quote>

What is "Open Colour Systems Collection"?

Open Colour Systems Collection (OCSC) contains more than 350 colour
systems, all of which use the CIE L*a*b* colour model. You can integrate
and distribute those with your software in accordance with the licence.

Why CIEL*a*b*?

While RGB/HSB/HSV or CMYK values always depend on a particular output
target, L*a*b* values are target-agnostic.

Since its publication 40 years ago, CIE L*a*b* has become the de facto
industrial standard for colour definitions in colour measurement and
composition, and it's also being used in software. For instance, colour
management works on the basis of tables or mathematical formulae, which
are stored in so-called ICC profiles with L*a*b* playing the role of an
"international prototype metre" for colours.

<end quote>

htietze htietze

Re: LO Color/Colour Palettes - a " the de facto industrial standard" system?

Non of the palettes you show in the screenshot is one of the officially shipped. However, we include Freecolour-HLC, which was made together with people from http://freecolour.org/ <http://freecolour.org/>. Learn more in this blog post https://design.blog.documentfoundation.org/2016/12/30/new-color-palettes-in-libreoffice/ <https://design.blog.documentfoundation.org/2016/12/30/new-color-palettes-in-libreoffice/> (a bit outdated since the (KDE) Breeze color palette, at least, was moved to our extension site, which you can check as well).

Cheers,
Heiko