LO contributors map

12 « Prev
krackedpress krackedpress

Re: LO contributors map

I have not been following this posting - much.

The question I have is who/what can be considered as a
"contributor/contribution".

Are Extensions and Templates creators part of this map?

How about creating a very large color palette for LO?
I use a "standard.soc" file of over 3900 color options.  I created it
several years ago and it is much better for me with my flier and small
poster work - up to 13x19 inch size.  Sure, it is not as big of a
contribution as those who work on the software upgrades and "issue
repair", but we should have some information on what will and will not
be a part of the "pin map".

----------

Elmira, New York, USA < 42.076 -76.820  > 876 ft

This is the "geo-tag" of a weather station about half a mile west from
me.  I do not know if the "-" is there for a separation or a negative
number.  I went to Weather Underground for this information.  They list
all of the currently online weather stations within my area. This is the
only "place" I can see the GPS figures near me.

Elmira, NY < 42.102 -76.814 > 889 ft
This one is about 1.5 miles north of me.

On 08/13/2016 05:42 PM, Marc Paré wrote:

> Hi Robert and Charles,
>
> Thanks for doing this Robert, it is a great tool!
>
> Just a minor point,  I believe it may be better to put the input box
> for latitude first and then longitude second as I believe this is the
> format followed for geolocation. This will help in minimizing the
> amount of errors in setting up the pins when people input the locations.
>
> It may also be good to divide the "infrastructure" category to
> "infrastructure" and add "website" or "website development" or
> something of the sort. For example, some of us are not part of the
> infrastructure team, however, we do input a bit on the website (in my
> case event banners) and help out if there is a particular need for
> help on some webpages.
>
> I also agree with Charles on putting this on our infra. IMO, for the
> growth of marketing teams, it would be very telling as to where the
> TDF/LibreOffice should concentrate on building building stronger ties
> with regional marketing teams. It is more visual than just staring at
> a list and may make it easier to see where some marketing support is
> needed.
>
> Would also be interesting to the general public to see if they had
> access to it on the LibreOffice site.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Marc
>
> Le 2016-08-07 à 15:23, Charles-H. Schulz a écrit :
>>
>> Hello Robert,
>>
>> Thanks for doing this! I think we should host this on our infra. In any
>> case, I'll forward this to other mailing list that may reach active
>> contributors.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> - -- Charles-H. Schulz
>> Co-founder, The Document Foundation,
>> Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin
>> Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
>> Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
>> Mobile Number: +33 (0)6 98 65 54 24.
>>

>> Le Sun, 7 Aug 2016 18:52:47 +0200,
>> Robert Großkopf <[hidden email]> a écrit :

>>> Hi *,
>>>
>>> during a LO-community-meeting in 2014 we planned to create a community
>>> map to find people living nearby. We created something in that way,
>>> but it seems it had fallen asleep. Now I have published the map I
>>> created on my own homepage:
>>> http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de/map_3/
>>>
>>> Some members of the German community have added themselves.
>>>
>>> Try it out, give feedback. If interested in the sourcecode feel free
>>> to contact me directly.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Robert

Robert Großkopf Robert Großkopf

Re: LO contributors map

Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

Re: LO contributors map

Hello Manfred,

Manfred A. Reiter <[hidden email]> @ 2016-08-14 08:33 CEST:

> Hi Robert, Marc, *,
>
> maybe someone remembers me. ;-)

Yes, I remember you quite well :-) . For everybody else here, Manfred is one
of the oldest OpenOffice.org contributor and member (founder?) of the German
community. So this brings us back somewhere around 2000 or 2001 if I'm not
mistaken. It's great to read you here!

Now, your proposal is also quite interesting; may I suggest that you and
Robert G. here post your ideas to the website list? Otherwise no one will
pick it up and put the contributors' map on our infrastructure...

Thank you,

Charles.

--
Charles-H. Schulz Co-founder, The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts Legal details: http://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint Mobile Number: +33 (0)6 98 65 54 24.

sophi sophi

Re: LO contributors map

Le 08/08/2016 à 08:22, Leo Moons a écrit :
> Hi Robert,
>
> Great idea, maybe it is worth promoting it in Brno.

Yes, thanks a lot for this Robert, I'll promote it during the NLP/L10N
workshop and will relay it on FB, G+ and Twitter. I'll talk about it
also on my blog.

Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545

Manfred A. Reiter Manfred A. Reiter

Re: LO contributors map

Hi Charles,

[hidden email]>:

> Hello Manfred,
>
> Manfred A. Reiter <[hidden email]> @ 2016-08-14 08:33 CEST:
>
> > Hi Robert, Marc, *,
> >
> > maybe someone remembers me. ;-)
>
> Yes, I remember you quite well :-) . For everybody else here, Manfred is
> one of the oldest OpenOffice.org contributor and member (founder?) of the
> German community. So this brings us back somewhere around 2000 or 2001 if
> I'm not mistaken.

yes, the "good old times" ;-)

> It's great to read you here!

I'm only lurking here, because I am very engaded at OpenStreetMap.

> Now, your proposal is also quite interesting;

Yes, uMap <https://umap.openstreetmap.fr/en/> is really a very nice
(French) FOSS <https://github.com/umap-project/umap/> product. ;-)
You don't have to install it.

Everyone can use it directly online on our official subdomain
*https://umap.openstreetmap.fr/en/
<https://umap.openstreetmap.fr/en/> *as a service,  even in different
languages.

> may I suggest that you and
> Robert G. here post your ideas to the website list? Otherwise no one will
> pick it up and put the contributors' map on our infrastructure...

I think, Robert has choosen another way and he likes to host the map on his
own server.

> Thank you,

It was a pleasure to have a contact albeit via email.

> Charles.

[...]

cheers
and best regards to a great community! ;-)

--
## Manfred Reiter - -
## www.weeklyOSM.eu

Manfred A. Reiter Manfred A. Reiter

Re: LO contributors map

Hi Robert, *,

> Hi *,
>
> some new entrys on
> http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de/map_3/
> When I saw the locations, following problem occurs for me:

Can we use the link above to promote your map on our weekly blogs?

German: blog.openstreetmap.de
and
International: www.weeklyosm.eu?

I have in mind to put i into our category ... maps or switch2OSM ;-)

--
## Manfred Reiter - -
## www.weeklyOSM.eu

Robert Großkopf Robert Großkopf

Re: LO contributors map

Manfred A. Reiter Manfred A. Reiter

Re: LO contributors map

Hi Robert, *,

> Hi Manfred,
> >>
> >> some new entrys on http://robert.familiegrosskopf.de/map_3/ When
> >> I saw the locations, following problem occurs for me:
> > Can we use the link above to promote your map on our weekly blogs?

[...]

> No problem. I thought there will be a solution on a server of LO. The
> link wouldn't be deleted.

Proposal:
you tell me, when it is transferred to the final place on the LO server and
then we promote it on our blogs. ;-)
(btw: more than 12000 reader each month) ;-)

cheers

--
## Manfred Reiter - -
## www.weeklyOSM.eu

Robert Großkopf Robert Großkopf

Re: LO contributors map

Sieneskil Sieneskil

Re: LO contributors map

When I saw the locations, following problem occurs for me: Some markers couldn't be seen whith the standard center and zoom of the map. There is a solution