LO start language

Nagy Ákos Nagy Ákos

LO start language

Hi,

I can set the LibreOffice start language on windows?
In the regional options all remains default: English, but I want to set
that the LibreOffice on the first start, start with other installed UI
language.
It is possible?

--
Ákos

Kolbjørn Stuestøl Kolbjørn Stuestøl

Re: LO start language

Den 03.03.2014 17:22, skreiv Nagy Ákos:
> Hi,
>
> I can set the LibreOffice start language on windows?
> In the regional options all remains default: English, but I want to
> set that the LibreOffice on the first start, start with other
> installed UI language.
> It is possible?

Choose your language from the drop down list shown at "Tools -> Options
-> Language settings -> Languages -> User interface".
If you do not find your language in the drop down box, in Windows you
have to run the install program again and install LO manually choosing
installing your language.
Kolbjoern

Nagy Ákos-6 Nagy Ákos-6

Re: LO start language

2014.03.03. 21:59 keltezéssel, Kolbjørn Stuestøl írta:

> Den 03.03.2014 17:22, skreiv Nagy Ákos:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I can set the LibreOffice start language on windows?
>> In the regional options all remains default: English, but I want to
>> set that the LibreOffice on the first start, start with other
>> installed UI language.
>> It is possible?
>>
> Choose your language from the drop down list shown at "Tools ->
> Options -> Language settings -> Languages -> User interface".
> If you do not find your language in the drop down box, in Windows you
> have to run the install program again and install LO manually choosing
> installing your language.
> Kolbjoern

I want to change the language for all users who start the LibreOffice. I
have the language in the menu, I installed it correctly.
I want to do this in a school, on 80 computers, remotely.

Ákos

Kolbjørn Stuestøl Kolbjørn Stuestøl

Re: LO start language

Den 04.03.2014 17:25, skreiv Nagy Ákos:

> 2014.03.03. 21:59 keltezéssel, Kolbjørn Stuestøl írta:
>> Den 03.03.2014 17:22, skreiv Nagy Ákos:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I can set the LibreOffice start language on windows?
>>> In the regional options all remains default: English, but I want to
>>> set that the LibreOffice on the first start, start with other
>>> installed UI language.
>>> It is possible?
>>>
>> Choose your language from the drop down list shown at "Tools ->
>> Options -> Language settings -> Languages -> User interface".
>> If you do not find your language in the drop down box, in Windows you
>> have to run the install program again and install LO manually
>> choosing installing your language.
>> Kolbjoern
>>
> I want to change the language for all users who start the LibreOffice.
> I have the language in the menu, I installed it correctly.
> I want to do this in a school, on 80 computers, remotely.
>
> Ákos
Sorry, Áko, I do not know how to do this.
When I downloads from https://www.libreoffice.org/download I choose my
language if it does not came up automatic, downloads Main installer and
built-in help and get what I wants. Sometimes copying the installer
files to only a couple of other computers.
Hoping someone else frequenting this list can help you.
Kolbjoern

TomD TomD

Re: LO start language

Hi :)
Is it set in the registry.xcu file?

To change the language on a single machine it's just

Tools - Options - "Language Settings" - Languages

and then change the top drop-down to whichever language.  Does doing
that affect the xcu file or something else in the User Profile?