Label mail merge producing one page per record, not six records per page

robertjm robertjm

Label mail merge producing one page per record, not six records per page

Hi all,

Sorry for the subject being confusing, but that's the best way I could describe it.

I'm working with Avery 5384 Name Badge labels. These has six spots per page.

I set up a layout in the upper left-hand "label", and then clicked synchronize to make sure all the labels contained the same layout.

Since I have 150 records, I expected to create 25 pages (6 unique labels per page). However, when I complete the mail merge, I get 150 pages (one duplicate label in all six positions).

I'm sure it's something really simple I'm overlooking here as this is my first time venturing into making labels from a database.

Here's a link to the .odt file, though I'm not sure if looking at it will help.
ReunionBadgesLayout.odt

Andreas Säger Andreas Säger

Re: Label mail merge producing one page per record, not six records per page

Am 07.10.2012 05:53, robertjm wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Sorry for the subject being confusing, but that's the best way I could
> describe it.
>
> I'm working with Avery 5384 Name Badge labels. These has six spots per page.
>
> I set up a layout in the upper left-hand "label", and then clicked
> synchronize to make sure all the labels contained the same layout.
>
> Since I have 150 records, I expected to create 25 pages (6 unique labels per
> page). However, when I complete the mail merge, I get 150 pages (one
> duplicate label in all six positions).
>
> I'm sure it's something really simple I'm overlooking here as this is my
> first time venturing into making labels from a database.
>
> Here's a link to the .odt file, though I'm not sure if looking at it will
> help.
> ReunionBadgesLayout.odt
> <https://www.dropbox.com/s/th3bs3s0183gc3h/ReunionBadgesLayout.odt>

Hi,
Put the cursor behind the <Last Name>.
Menu:Insert>Fields>Other...
Tab: Database
Field type: Next Record
[OK]

robertjm robertjm

Re: Label mail merge producing one page per record, not six records per page

Thanks for the pointer. It worked...partially.

While each of the six badges has a unique individual, the three fields are all messed up.

First names are jumping three names per badge , and the Last names are six rows in the database below the first name of the individual.

The photo names (the URL on the far left side) is also jumping six rows, like the Last name is.

Do I need to delete all the fields and then start anew? Do I only do the "Next Record" on the first field? Also, when I click on the OK button, the pop up window didn't got away, and I have to simply close it with the X in the upper right-hand corner. Is that a bug perhaps?

Using:
LibreOffice 3.4.4
OOO340m1 (Build:402)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Thanks again for responding!

Robert

====================================
Andreas Säger wrote
Hi,
Put the cursor behind the <Last Name>.
Menu:Insert>Fields>Other...
Tab: Database
Field type: Next Record
[OK]
Phil Reynolds-2 Phil Reynolds-2

Re: Label mail merge producing one page per record, not six records per page

On Sun, 7 Oct 2012 08:09:28 -0700 (PDT)
robertjm <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for the pointer. It worked...partially.
>
> While each of the six badges has a unique individual, the three
> fields are all messed up.
>
> First names are jumping three names per badge , and the Last names
> are six rows in the database below the first name of the individual.
>
> The photo names (the URL on the far left side) is also jumping six
> rows, like the Last name is.
>
> Do I need to delete all the fields and then start anew? Do I only do
> the "Next Record" on the first field? Also, when I click on the OK
> button, the pop up window didn't got away, and I have to simply close
> it with the X in the upper right-hand corner. Is that a bug perhaps?

Next Record on first field only, and not on first label of a page.

--
Phil Reynolds
mail: [hidden email]