Labels with background image

Roderick Anderson Roderick Anderson

Labels with background image

Good day to all.

I've exhausted my search foo.  Everything I find gets close to what I
need but doesn't quite make it.

I'm trying to make membership cards for a HAM radio club.

They need to be business card size (3.5in. X 2.0in.) with a background
image and three fields.  Call sign, Name, and expiration date.

The part I'm not figuring out is how to add the background image.

If this makes any sense could someone suggest the correct search terms
or point me in the right direction?

I have a hard copy of Bruce Byfield's "Designing with LibreOffice"
coming and the PDF version on the desktop but haven't found the info I
think I need yet.

TIA,
Rod - K7ZBE

Tom Williams Tom Williams

Re: Labels with background image

On 8/27/20 4:30 PM, Roderick Anderson wrote:

> Good day to all.
>
> I've exhausted my search foo.  Everything I find gets close to what I
> need but doesn't quite make it.
>
> I'm trying to make membership cards for a HAM radio club.
>
> They need to be business card size (3.5in. X 2.0in.) with a background
> image and three fields.  Call sign, Name, and expiration date.
>
> The part I'm not figuring out is how to add the background image.
>
> If this makes any sense could someone suggest the correct search terms
> or point me in the right direction?
>
> I have a hard copy of Bruce Byfield's "Designing with LibreOffice"
> coming and the PDF version on the desktop but haven't found the info I
> think I need yet.
>

> TIA,
> Rod - K7ZBE

I can't provide search criteria but what I've done is use "Format > Page
 > Area" to pick the background image and "Format > Page > Transparency"
to increase the transparency of the background.   Does that help?

Peace...

Tom

Tom Williams Tom Williams

Fwd: Re: [libreoffice-users] Labels with background image

On 8/27/20 4:30 PM, Roderick Anderson wrote:

> Good day to all.
>
> I've exhausted my search foo.  Everything I find gets close to what I
> need but doesn't quite make it.
>
> I'm trying to make membership cards for a HAM radio club.
>
> They need to be business card size (3.5in. X 2.0in.) with a background
> image and three fields.  Call sign, Name, and expiration date.
>
> The part I'm not figuring out is how to add the background image.
>
> If this makes any sense could someone suggest the correct search terms
> or point me in the right direction?
>
> I have a hard copy of Bruce Byfield's "Designing with LibreOffice"
> coming and the PDF version on the desktop but haven't found the info I
> think I need yet.
>

> TIA,
> Rod - K7ZBE

I can't provide search criteria but what I've done is use "Format > Page
> Area" to pick the background image and "Format > Page > Transparency"
to increase the transparency of the background.   Does that help?

Peace...

Tom

In the "Format > Page > Area" menu area, choose "Bitmap" as the fill
type and *then* you can choose your image.  :)

Peace...
Tom