Leftovers

Pedro Pedro

Leftovers

After uninstalling LO RC3, I noticed there are a few leftover files under Program Files\Libreoffice 3 and keys in the registry in HKLM if LO is installed for All users and in HKCU if it is installed for Current user only. The files/entries are the same that OOo also leaves so these must be some legacy errors.

Can someone check this? I'm available for testing/reporting.
Jonathan Aquilina Jonathan Aquilina

Re: Leftovers

The same thing happens with other apps on windows.

On 1/17/11 12:53 AM, plino wrote:
> After uninstalling LO RC3, I noticed there are a few leftover files under
> Program Files\Libreoffice 3 and keys in the registry in HKLM if LO is
> installed for All users and in HKCU if it is installed for Current user
> only. The files/entries are the same that OOo also leaves so these must be
> some legacy errors.
>
> Can someone check this? I'm available for testing/reporting.

Pedro Pedro

Re: Leftovers

Only the bad ones :)

And we don't want LibreOffice to be like them, do we? ;)
Michael Meeks Michael Meeks

Re: Leftovers

Hi there,

On Sun, 2011-01-16 at 15:53 -0800, plino wrote:
> After uninstalling LO RC3, I noticed there are a few leftover files under
> Program Files\Libreoffice 3 and keys in the registry in HKLM if LO is
> installed for All users and in HKCU if it is installed for Current user
> only. The files/entries are the same that OOo also leaves so these must be
> some legacy errors.

        It would be wonderful to know what files you are seeing :-) do you have
a list of files / keys ?

        Thanks,

                Michael.

Pedro Pedro

Re: Leftovers

Sure, no problem ;)

Leftover files/folders

C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3\share
C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3\share\prereg
C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3\share\uno_packages
C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3\share\prereg\bundled
C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3\share\prereg\bundled\registry
C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3\share\prereg\bundled\registry\com.sun.star.comp.deployment.bundle.PackageRegistryBackend
C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3\share\prereg\bundled\registry\com.sun.star.comp.deployment.component.PackageRegistryBackend
C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3\share\prereg\bundled\registry\com.sun.star.comp.deployment.configuration.PackageRegistryBackend
C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3\share\prereg\bundled\registry\com.sun.star.comp.deployment.executable.PackageRegistryBackend
C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3\share\prereg\bundled\registry\com.sun.star.comp.deployment.help.PackageRegistryBackend
C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3\share\prereg\bundled\registry\com.sun.star.comp.deployment.script.PackageRegistryBackend
C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3\share\prereg\bundled\registry\com.sun.star.comp.deployment.sfwk.PackageRegistryBackend
C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3\share\prereg\bundled\registry\com.sun.star.comp.deployment.bundle.PackageRegistryBackend\backenddb.xml
C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3\share\prereg\bundled\registry\com.sun.star.comp.deployment.configuration.PackageRegistryBackend\187.tmp
C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3\share\prereg\bundled\registry\com.sun.star.comp.deployment.configuration.PackageRegistryBackend\187.tmp_
C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3\share\prereg\bundled\registry\com.sun.star.comp.deployment.configuration.PackageRegistryBackend\backenddb.xml
C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3\share\prereg\bundled\registry\com.sun.star.comp.deployment.configuration.PackageRegistryBackend\configmgr.ini
C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3\share\prereg\bundled\registry\com.sun.star.comp.deployment.configuration.PackageRegistryBackend\registered_packages.db
C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3\share\prereg\bundled\registry\com.sun.star.comp.deployment.configuration.PackageRegistryBackend\187.tmp_\dictionaries.xcu
C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3\share\prereg\bundled\registry\com.sun.star.comp.deployment.help.PackageRegistryBackend\backenddb.xml
C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3\share\uno_packages\cache
C:\Program Files\LibreOffice 3\share\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages

Leftover keys (when installed for Current user only)
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LibreOffice]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LibreOffice\Layers_]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LibreOffice\Layers_\Basis]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LibreOffice\Layers_\Basis\3.3]
"BASISINSTALLLOCATION"="C:\\Program Files\\LibreOffice 3\\Basis\\"
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LibreOffice\Layers_\URE]
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LibreOffice\Layers_\URE\1]
"UREINSTALLLOCATION"="C:\\Program Files\\LibreOffice 3\\URE\\"

Leftover keys (when installed for All Users)
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LibreOffice]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LibreOffice\Layers_]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LibreOffice\Layers_\Basis]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LibreOffice\Layers_\Basis\3.3]
"BASISINSTALLLOCATION"="C:\\Program Files\\LibreOffice 3\\Basis\\"
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LibreOffice\Layers_\URE]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LibreOffice\Layers_\URE\1]
"UREINSTALLLOCATION"="C:\\Program Files\\LibreOffice 3\\URE\\"
Tom Tom

Re: Leftovers

Hi :)

Is there an option in the uninstaller (in Windows) that rigorously uninstalls all trace of LibreOffice from a system including the user-profile?

Andras Timar Andras Timar

Re: Leftovers

Hi Tom,

2011/11/27 Tom <[hidden email]>:
> Hi :)
>
> Is there an option in the uninstaller (in Windows) that rigorously
> uninstalls all trace of LibreOffice from a system including the
> user-profile?

There isn't. MSI can only uninstall files that were installed MSI
itself, or those that are explicitely listed in RemoveFiles table.
There could be a workaround, however, we could write a Custom Action
that optionally removes the user profile. You are welcome, if you
would like to work on this area.

Best regards,
Andras
Tom Tom

Re: Leftovers

Hi :)
Thanks :)  I have no coding experience so i guess my next move should be to just post this as a feature request/bug-report?
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport

Just a normal bug-report but with "[wish-list]" added into the subject-line should be ok?
Regards from
Tom :)]
Lionel Elie Mamane Lionel Elie Mamane

Re: Leftovers

.On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 03:15:31AM -0800, Tom wrote:

> Just a normal bug-report but with "[wish-list]" added into the
> subject-line should be ok?

Use the second method (not the assistant), see section "Reporting a
bug in few steps" at
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport#Reporting_a_bug_in_few_Steps

Then put "enhancement" for the field "severity".

--
Lionel