LibO Logo

Lucas Filho Lucas Filho

LibO Logo

Hello Community,

We already have a new version of RC and LibreOffice not know if any proposal for
a new logo for the LibreOffice was accepted. I believe this is the ideal time to
disclose any change in the logo before the final version.

It would be interesting to launch an online vote to the proposal that we already
have? (We can fit all the logos on the wiki so that s for a vote -
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding/Ideas) ...

With this we will strengthen the image more collaborative we propose for our
users.

I will then send a draft of a mascot that used in our social network for
evaluation.

Até mais,
Lucas Filho
Open-Ce Tecnologias e Serviços
http://www.open-ce.com.br

::@strogildo - Educação a distância
http://astrogildo.blogspot.com

Coordenador Estadual GUBRO-Ceará
http://www.broffice.org/gubro-ce

Blog Pessoal
http://lucasfilho.blogspot.com

Agradecemos a Deus por tudo

Ralph H. Ralph H.

Re: LibO Logo

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Lucas Filho <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We already have a new version of RC and LibreOffice not know if any proposal for
> a new logo for the LibreOffice was accepted. I believe this is the ideal time to
> disclose any change in the logo before the final version.
>
> It would be interesting to launch an online vote to the proposal that we already
> have? (We can fit all the logos on the wiki so that s for a vote -
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding/Ideas) ...

An online Vote would be a good idea i think, but we should give it
enough time, so print magazines can write about it. So we should think
2+ months here.
It would be nice should we be able to use the new logo when the relese
version is ready, but i do not think we have enough time and i do not
think it will hurt us when 3.3 is official and we do decide on the new
logo later.

marcpare4 marcpare4

Re: LibO Logo

Le 2010-12-09 10:20, Ralph H. a écrit :

> On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Lucas Filho<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> We already have a new version of RC and LibreOffice not know if any proposal for
>> a new logo for the LibreOffice was accepted. I believe this is the ideal time to
>> disclose any change in the logo before the final version.
>>
>> It would be interesting to launch an online vote to the proposal that we already
>> have? (We can fit all the logos on the wiki so that s for a vote -
>> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding/Ideas) ...
>
> An online Vote would be a good idea i think, but we should give it
> enough time, so print magazines can write about it. So we should think
> 2+ months here.
> It would be nice should we be able to use the new logo when the relese
> version is ready, but i do not think we have enough time and i do not
> think it will hurt us when 3.3 is official and we do decide on the new
> logo later.

This should really be discussed on the design mailing list first. Here
are the coordinates to join the list if you have not done so yet:

[hidden email]: LibreOffice Design Team mailing list covering
user experience design and visual identity design
Subscription: [hidden email]
Digest subscription: [hidden email]
Archives: http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/design/
Mail-Archive.com: http://www.mail-archive.com/design@.../
GMANE: http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.documentfoundation.libreoffice.design

Cheers

Marc
Marketing Team Member

Thorsten Wilms Thorsten Wilms

Re: LibO Logo

On Thu, 2010-12-09 at 06:53 -0800, Lucas Filho wrote:

> We already have a new version of RC and LibreOffice not know if any proposal for
> a new logo for the LibreOffice was accepted. I believe this is the ideal time to
> disclose any change in the logo before the final version.
>
> It would be interesting to launch an online vote to the proposal that we already
> have? (We can fit all the logos on the wiki so that s for a vote -
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding/Ideas) ...
>
> With this we will strengthen the image more collaborative we propose for our
> users.

No decision should be made regarding the logo, before there is an
accepted briefing for the logo. Without a briefing, everyone will just
follow their personal taste and judge the proposals based on their own
(often not communicated) assumptions of what the desired characteristics
are. Said assumptions may be vague and vary quite a bit, making a vote
meaningless.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/

yorick yorick

Re: LibO Logo

On Friday 10 December 2010 05:55:37 Thorsten Wilms wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-12-09 at 06:53 -0800, Lucas Filho wrote:
> > We already have a new version of RC and LibreOffice not know if any
> > proposal for a new logo for the LibreOffice was accepted. I believe this
> > is the ideal time to disclose any change in the logo before the final
> > version.
> >
> > It would be interesting to launch an online vote to the proposal that we
> > already have? (We can fit all the logos on the wiki so that s for a vote
> > - http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding/Ideas) ...
> >
> > With this we will strengthen the image more collaborative we propose for
> > our users.
>
> No decision should be made regarding the logo, before there is an
> accepted briefing for the logo. Without a briefing, everyone will just
> follow their personal taste and judge the proposals based on their own
> (often not communicated) assumptions of what the desired characteristics
> are. Said assumptions may be vague and vary quite a bit, making a vote
> meaningless.

+1

Graham Lauder,

INGOTs Moderator New Zealand
www.theingots.org.nz

davidnelson davidnelson

Re: LibO Logo

Hi, :-)

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 22:53, Lucas Filho <[hidden email]> wrote:
> It would be interesting to launch an online vote to the proposal that we already
> have? (We can fit all the logos on the wiki so that s for a vote -
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding/Ideas) ...
>
> With this we will strengthen the image more collaborative we propose for our
> users.
>
> I will then send a draft of a mascot that used in our social network for
> evaluation.

+1

David Nelson

Florian Reisinger-2 Florian Reisinger-2

RE: LibO Logo

> > It would be interesting to launch an online vote to the proposal that we already
> > have? (We can fit all the logos on the wiki so that s for a vote -
> > http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding/Ideas)
>
> +1
>
> David Nelson

 Very nice idea.
Florian

Danishka Navin Danishka Navin

Re: LibO Logo

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 8:23 PM, Lucas Filho <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Community,
>

> We already have a new version of RC and LibreOffice not know if any
> proposal for
> a new logo for the LibreOffice was accepted. I believe this is the ideal
> time to
> disclose any change in the logo before the final version.
>
> It would be interesting to launch an online vote to the proposal that we
> already
> have? (We can fit all the logos on the wiki so that s for a vote -
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding/Ideas) ...

+1

--
Danishka Navin
http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/danishkanavin
http://identi.ca/danishka

bedipp bedipp

Re: LibO Logo

Lucas Filho schrieb:
> Hello Community,
>

> We already have a new version of RC and LibreOffice not know if any proposal for
> a new logo for the LibreOffice was accepted.

I don't know if you read the mails about our branding and the timeframe
about it's modifications. If you had, you might have got an impression
of what can be done at which time.

As a short summary:

For LibO 3.3.0 we go with the "initial branding" mainly created by
Christoph, after the release we'll start working on a "community
branding" that might become released with LibO 3.4 or 3.5.

More details can be found on the wiki:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding

http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Work_Items
(third topic)

> I believe this is the ideal time to
> disclose any change in the logo before the final version.

No, it isn't.

> It would be interesting to launch an online vote to the proposal that we already
> have? (We can fit all the logos on the wiki so that s for a vote -
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding/Ideas) ...

No - not now, and before any public vote we'll have to define our goals
and how to achieve them via our branding.

> With this we will strengthen the image more collaborative we propose for our
> users.

Collaborative work is something else than just voting on different
proposals.

I'd prefer discussing the intentions of the designers and finding a way
to create the basic and principle design elements (including the logo as
their center) with positive input by the entire design team.

The result will probably be a reduced number of items created not by
single designers, but by a (or a few) team(s) of artists, designers and
marketing experts following our still to define community goals.

If we'll have a voting on these branding design themes, I can't know at
the moment.

But at this point of our community life a voting is not even near to
leading to the result of a community based logo and branding.

> I will then send a draft of a mascot that used in our social network for
> evaluation.

Please add it to the logo ideas wiki page
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Marketing/Branding/Ideas#Logo

so it will not be forgotten when we start discussing the community
branding for LibreOffice.

And if you want to be part in this discussion, please subscribe to our
design mailing list Marc already posted the links:

http://go.mail-archive.com/2G5D0_W9kRdFb8L_0OGsKBCPjFE=

Best regards

Bernhard

> Até mais,
> Lucas Filho
> Open-Ce Tecnologias e Serviços
> http://www.open-ce.com.br
>
> ::@strogildo - Educação a distância
> http://astrogildo.blogspot.com
>
> Coordenador Estadual GUBRO-Ceará
> http://www.broffice.org/gubro-ce
>
> Blog Pessoal
> http://lucasfilho.blogspot.com
>

> Agradecemos a Deus por tudo

Lucas Filho Lucas Filho

Res: [libreoffice-marketing] LibO Logo

Hi Bernhard,

Ok.

Até mais,
Lucas Filho
Open-Ce Tecnologias e Serviços
http://www.open-ce.com.br
::@strogildo - Educação a distância
http://astrogildo.blogspot.com
Coordenador Estadual GUBRO-Ceará
http://www.broffice.org/gubro-ce

Blog Pessoal
http://lucasfilho.blogspot.com

Agradecemos a Deus por tudo

Enviadas: Sábado, 11 de Dezembro de 2010 6:22:31
Assunto: Re: [libreoffice-marketing] LibO Logo