LibO beta deb packages causes freeze using pdf-export and several menu entries

Friedrich Strohmaier Friedrich Strohmaier

LibO beta deb packages causes freeze using pdf-export and several menu entries

Hi All,

does anyone else experience frozen windows using pdf-export and
"file" -> save as
menuentry?

file -> open

doesn't start as doesn' the related icon

System:
Linux kubuntu 7.10

LibreOffice 3.3.0
OOO330m7 (Build:9526)
libreoffice-build 3.2.99.0

Installed using deb-repo source
deb http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice /

Gruß/regards
--
Friedrich

Ansprechpartner / contact person for the "PrOOo-Box"
german language OpenOffice.org and more on CD/DVD
http://prooo-box.org

Scott Furry Scott Furry

Re: LibO beta deb packages causes freeze using pdf-export and several menu entries

  On 06/10/10 05:06 PM, Friedrich Strohmaier wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> does anyone else experience frozen windows using pdf-export and
> "file" ->  save as
> menuentry?
>
> file ->  open
>
> doesn't start as doesn' the related icon
>
> System:
> Linux kubuntu 7.10
>
> LibreOffice 3.3.0
> OOO330m7 (Build:9526)
> libreoffice-build 3.2.99.0
>
> Installed using deb-repo source
> deb http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice /
>
> Gruß/regards
I just tried a PDF-export with a Draw file I had open. No problems here.
Using Debian(Squeeze) and same build.
There are lots of settings that can be tweeked, could one of those
settings cause your problem?

Does pdf-export have a package dependency that you may be missing? (do
we use iBatis or some kde lib?)
Regards,
Scott Furry

Friedrich Strohmaier Friedrich Strohmaier

Re: LibO beta deb packages causes freeze using pdf-export and several menu entries

Hi Scott, *,

Scott Furry schrieb:

>  On 06/10/10 05:06 PM, Friedrich Strohmaier wrote:
>> Hi All,

>> does anyone else experience frozen windows using pdf-export and
>> "file" ->  save as
>> menuentry?

>> file ->  open

>> doesn't start as doesn' the related icon

>> System:
>> Linux kubuntu 7.10

>> LibreOffice 3.3.0
>> OOO330m7 (Build:9526)
>> libreoffice-build 3.2.99.0

>> Installed using deb-repo source
>> deb http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice /

>> Gruß/regards

>I just tried a PDF-export with a Draw file I had open. No problems
> here. Using Debian(Squeeze) and same build.
>There are lots of settings that can be tweeked, could one of those
>settings cause your problem?

I'm quite shure not..

>Does pdf-export have a package dependency that you may be missing? (do
>we use iBatis or some kde lib?)

Don't know.

I ride KDE-3.5.8

here the list of installed packages:
~$ aptitude search libreoffice lobas | grep ^i
i   libreoffice-debian-menus
i   libreoffice-ure
i   libreoffice3
i   libreoffice3-base
i   libreoffice3-calc
i   libreoffice3-draw
i   libreoffice3-en-us
i   libreoffice3-impress
i   libreoffice3-math
i   libreoffice3-writer
i A lobasis3.3-base
i   lobasis3.3-binfilter
i A lobasis3.3-calc
i   lobasis3.3-core01
i   lobasis3.3-core02
i   lobasis3.3-core03
i   lobasis3.3-core04
i   lobasis3.3-core05
i   lobasis3.3-core06
i   lobasis3.3-core07
i A lobasis3.3-draw
i A lobasis3.3-en-US
i A lobasis3.3-en-US-base
i A lobasis3.3-en-US-calc
i A lobasis3.3-en-US-help
i A lobasis3.3-en-US-math
i   lobasis3.3-en-us-binfilter
i A lobasis3.3-en-us-draw
i A lobasis3.3-en-us-impress
i A lobasis3.3-en-us-res
i A lobasis3.3-en-us-writer
i   lobasis3.3-images
i A lobasis3.3-impress
i   lobasis3.3-javafilter
i   lobasis3.3-kde-integration
i A lobasis3.3-math
i   lobasis3.3-ooofonts
i A lobasis3.3-writer

And that ones remaining:
~$ aptitude search libreoffice lobas | grep ^p
p   lobasis3.3-extension-mediawiki-
p   lobasis3.3-extension-pdf-import
p   lobasis3.3-extension-presentati
p   lobasis3.3-extension-presenter-
p   lobasis3.3-extension-report-bui
p   lobasis3.3-gnome-integration
p   lobasis3.3-graphicfilter
p   lobasis3.3-ogltrans
p   lobasis3.3-ooolinguistic
p   lobasis3.3-pyuno
p   lobasis3.3-testtool
p   lobasis3.3-xsltfilter

>Regards,
>Scott Furry

Gruß/regards

Scott Furry Scott Furry

  On 07/10/10 07:08 AM, Friedrich Strohmaier wrote:

>>> LibreOffice 3.3.0
>>> OOO330m7 (Build:9526)
>>> libreoffice-build 3.2.99.0
>>> Installed using deb-repo source
>>> deb http://download.tuxfamily.org/gericom/libreoffice /
>> Does pdf-export have a package dependency that you may be missing? (do
>> we use iBatis or some kde lib?)
> Don't know.
>
> I ride KDE-3.5.8
>
> here the list of installed packages:
> ~$ aptitude search libreoffice lobas | grep ^i
>
> And that ones remaining:
> ~$ aptitude search libreoffice lobas | grep ^p
> Gruß/regards
Fredrich,
It looks like you got all the LibO packages. I'm just wondering if there
is some functionality provided for PDF conversion from another library.
It may be the problem you are experiencing.

Sorry I can't offer any more help.
Regards,
Scott Furry

Scott Furry schrieb:

>  On 07/10/10 07:08 AM, Friedrich Strohmaier wrote:

[.. Issues PDF-Export, menu, LibO 3.3 beta ..]

>> I ride KDE-3.5.8

>> here the list of installed packages:
>> ~$ aptitude search libreoffice lobas | grep ^i

>> And that ones remaining:
>> ~$ aptitude search libreoffice lobas | grep ^p
>> Gruß/regards

>Fredrich,
>It looks like you got all the LibO packages. I'm just wondering if
> there is some functionality provided for PDF conversion from another
> library. It may be the problem you are experiencing.

>Sorry I can't offer any more help.

This was not a support request but a "encountered someone else"..

I'll bring that up on dev mailinglist.

Thanks for giving attention.

Gruß/regards
--
Friedrich

Ansprechpartner / contact person for the "PrOOo-Box"
german language "best Office Suite ever" and more on CD/DVD
http://prooo-box.org  -- footer changed on 2010-10-07