LibODev_amd64 does not run

ape ape

LibODev_amd64 does not run

Hy, David!
I cannot run LibreOfficeDev built in March (OS – Windows XP 64-bit edition).
The latest version of LibO-master, had no problems, is:
Version: 4.5.0.0.alpha0+ (x64)
Build ID: e3e95f97638ff4d2c230cbc1f560a148863fb7a5
TinderBox: Win-x86_64@42, Branch:master, Time: 2015-03-01_01:51:51
Now I see the message by OS:
“soffice.bin – Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point InetPtonW could not be located in dynamic link library WS_232.dll.
Why?
ape
Florian Reisinger Florian Reisinger

Re: LibODev_amd64 does not run

Hi,

I guess Microsoft's 2013 C++ Libaries (which are used here) do not
support XP anymore :)

Am 17.03.2015 um 23:47 schrieb ape:

> Hy, David!
> I cannot run LibreOfficeDev built in March (OS – Windows XP 64-bit edition).
> The latest version of LibO-master, had no problems, is:
> Version: 4.5.0.0.alpha0+ (x64)
> Build ID: e3e95f97638ff4d2c230cbc1f560a148863fb7a5
> TinderBox: Win-x86_64@42, Branch:master, Time: 2015-03-01_01:51:51
> Now I see the message by OS:
> “soffice.bin – Entry Point Not Found
> The procedure entry point InetPtonW could not be located in dynamic link
> library WS_232.dll.
> Why?
> --
> ape

Liebe Grüße, / Yours,
Florian Reisinger

Pedro Pedro

Re: LibODev_amd64 does not run

ape wrote
I cannot run LibreOfficeDev built in March (OS – Windows XP 64-bit edition).
There were some builds that had problems but the newest run flawlessly under Win 7 Pro x64 SP1

Can you test

Version: 4.5.0.0.alpha0+ (x64)
Build ID: 48916c9b8c1363a37bf511626326ee6dc150975c
TinderBox: Win-x86_64@42, Branch:master, Time: 2015-03-17_22:56:52

If it returns the same error, then it's an XP x64 specific bug

Hope this helps
Michael Stahl-2 Michael Stahl-2

On 17.03.2015 23:47, ape wrote:

> Hy, David!
> I cannot run LibreOfficeDev built in March (OS – Windows XP 64-bit edition).
> The latest version of LibO-master, had no problems, is:
> Version: 4.5.0.0.alpha0+ (x64)
> Build ID: e3e95f97638ff4d2c230cbc1f560a148863fb7a5
> TinderBox: Win-x86_64@42, Branch:master, Time: 2015-03-01_01:51:51
> Now I see the message by OS:
> “soffice.bin – Entry Point Not Found
> The procedure entry point InetPtonW could not be located in dynamic link
> library WS_232.dll.
> Why?

the build was done with the Windows SDK version 8, which does not
support targeting Windows XP, only Vista or later.

other tinderboxes might use Windows SDK 7.1A.

Pedro Pedro

Re: LibODev_amd64 does not run

Michael Stahl-2 wrote
other tinderboxes might use Windows SDK 7.1A.
Unfortunately Tinderbox 42 is the only one building x64 binaries.
Are there plans to change this?
Is TDF planning to support  XP x64?

On 18.03.2015 18:53, Pedro wrote:
> Michael Stahl-2 wrote
>> other tinderboxes might use Windows SDK 7.1A.
>
> Unfortunately Tinderbox 42 is the only one building x64 binaries.
> Are there plans to change this?
> Is TDF planning to support  XP x64?

personally i hope not, since there are only downsides to that; people
using XP can just use the 32-bit builds.

jmadero jmadero

On 03/18/2015 10:57 AM, Michael Stahl wrote:
> On 18.03.2015 18:53, Pedro wrote:
>> Michael Stahl-2 wrote
>>> other tinderboxes might use Windows SDK 7.1A.
>> Unfortunately Tinderbox 42 is the only one building x64 binaries.
>> Are there plans to change this?
>> Is TDF planning to support  XP x64?
> personally i hope not, since there are only downsides to that; people
> using XP can just use the 32-bit builds.
+1 - we're stretching ourselves thinner and thinner. If XP 64 bit users
are so concerned about this - I suggest they volunteer to make the
builds themselves.....we only have so many resources and the benefits of
adding resources to a 64 bit build for an OS that is way past EOL
is....not entirely useful IMHO.

Best,
Joel
ape ape

Re: LibODev_amd64 does not run

You are wrong - MSVCR-2013 is installed in Windows_XP_64-bit with using regular means the OS.
Most likely, that SDK-version is the error’s reason. The SDK-8 (not 7.1 as previously) determines the inability to run the LO_win-64_master.
I think that the amd_64 version obliged to work also like worked in the win_32 version of LibO-master  into 32-bit operating system (e.g. Windows XP_32&64 bit edition).
--
ape