Libre Office Local Installation

Komal Bharadiya Komal Bharadiya

Libre Office Local Installation

Hi,
I am Komal, 4th year engineering student, from Pune(India). I am
novice to open source, but I am really interested in learning and
contributing for this organization.
I have been trying local installation of source code but could n't
resolve the error at last step. There are some issues when I build the
program.(After successful execution of ./autogen.sh, make command
gives errors). Moreover, I have directly downloaded the libre office
repository from github. Then followed the steps given on official site
of libre office.
This is what I get on terminal-
komal@komal-Vostro-15-3568:~/core-master$ /usr/bin/make
/bin/sh: 1: .: Can't open /home/komal/core-master/sources.ver
Makefile:250: *** Error while retrieving $lo_sources_ver from
/home/komal/core-master/sources.ver.  Stop.

I would be really grateful, if I could get any help in this regard.
Thanking you in anticipation!

Regards,
Komal
Mike Kaganski Mike Kaganski

Re: Libre Office Local Installation

Hi Komal! Welcome!

On 23.12.2018 10:43, Komal Bharadiya wrote:
> Moreover, I have directly downloaded the libre office
> repository from github. Then followed the steps given on official site
> of libre office.

Although possibly unrelated to the problem, this is clearly wrong. Where
have you read the directions to download from github read-only secondary
repository? As far as I know, the official instructions [1] [2] mention
cloning https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/core (preferrable IMO), or
anongit, or downloading special tarballs.

Before proceeding, please start with correct repo.

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development
[2] https://www.libreoffice.org/about-us/source-code/

Mike Kaganski