Libre Writer - go to a certain page in a text document

charles meyer charles meyer

Libre Writer - go to a certain page in a text document

Hi Folks,

I'm in super hurry mode.

Is there a quicker way than this to reach a certain page in Libre Writer?

use the "Navigator" to jump to a certain page:

Hit CTRL+SHIFT+F5 to open the navigator, with the cursor in the input field
for the page number.

In MS Word, you just hit Crtl+H.

Thanks so much.

Charles.

libreoffice-ml.mbourne libreoffice-ml.mbourne

Re: Libre Writer - go to a certain page in a text document

charles meyer wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm in super hurry mode.
>
> Is there a quicker way than this to reach a certain page in Libre
> Writer?
>
> use the "Navigator" to jump to a certain page:
>

> Hit CTRL+SHIFT+F5 to open the navigator, with the cursor in the input
> field for the page number.
>

> In MS Word, you just hit Crtl+H.

In LibreOffice 5.3.0 on Windows, either Ctrl+G or Ctrl+Shift+F5 opens a
"Go to page" dialog where you can type a page number and hit Enter to
jump to that page. I don't think it could be much quicker than that.

In LibreOffice 5.1.6 on Linux Mint, Ctrl+G does nothing and
Ctrl+Shift+F5 opens the Navigator as you describe.

It looks like both versions bind Ctrl+Shift+F5 to Navigate > Go to Page,
but the older version uses the Navigator for that while the newer
version has a separate dialog (and also binds Ctrl+G by default). If you
just want Ctrl+G to do what Ctrl+Shift+F5 currently does (using
Navigator) you should be able to add that keyboard binding at Tools >
Customise > Keyboard.

--
Mark.

mhenriday mhenriday

Re: Libre Writer - go to a certain page in a text document

> charles meyer wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> I'm in super hurry mode.
>>
>> Is there a quicker way than this to reach a certain page in Libre
>> Writer?
>>
>> use the "Navigator" to jump to a certain page:
>>

>> Hit CTRL+SHIFT+F5 to open the navigator, with the cursor in the input
>> field for the page number.
>>

>> In MS Word, you just hit Crtl+H.
>>

> In LibreOffice 5.3.0 on Windows, either Ctrl+G or Ctrl+Shift+F5 opens a
> "Go to page" dialog where you can type a page number and hit Enter to jump
> to that page. I don't think it could be much quicker than that.
>
> In LibreOffice 5.1.6 on Linux Mint, Ctrl+G does nothing and Ctrl+Shift+F5
> opens the Navigator as you describe.
>
> It looks like both versions bind Ctrl+Shift+F5 to Navigate > Go to Page,
> but the older version uses the Navigator for that while the newer version
> has a separate dialog (and also binds Ctrl+G by default). If you just want
> Ctrl+G to do what Ctrl+Shift+F5 currently does (using Navigator) you should
> be able to add that keyboard binding at Tools > Customise > Keyboard.
>
> --
> Mark.

​Mark, I can confirm that running the senaste version (5.3.3.2) of LO on
precisely as you describe above for windows. I agree that it's hard to
imagine anything faster, without a chip installed in the brain.... ;-)

Henri

charles meyer charles meyer

Re: Libre Writer - go to a certain page in a text document

Mark,

Your suggestion worked perfectly even in an old 3 version!

I'm replacing my old version 3.1 with the latest at
*http://donate.libreoffice.org/home/dl/win-x86/5.3.3/en-US/LibreOffice_5.3.3_Win_x86.msi
<http://donate.libreoffice.org/home/dl/win-x86/5.3.3/en-US/LibreOffice_5.3.3_Win_x86.msi>*

*Thank you so much!*

*Best,*

*Charles.*

mhenriday mhenriday

Re: Libre Writer - go to a certain page in a text document

> Mark,
>
> Your suggestion worked perfectly even in an old 3 version!
>
> I'm replacing my old version 3.1 with the latest at
> *http://donate.libreoffice.org/home/dl/win-x86/5.3.3/en-
> US/LibreOffice_5.3.3_Win_x86.msi
> <http://donate.libreoffice.org/home/dl/win-x86/5.3.3/en-
> US/LibreOffice_5.3.3_Win_x86.msi>*
>
> *Thank you so much!*
>
> *Best,*
>
> *Charles.*

​Charles, if your machine has a 64-bit processor and operating system, you
might rather want to consider downloading and instalingl the 64-bit version
of LibreOffice, which, for your configuration, can be found here :
*https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/?type=win-x86_64&version=5.3.3&lang=en*
<https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/?type=win-x86_64&version=5.3.3&lang=en>
​....

Henri

zahra a zahra a

Re: Libre Writer - go to a certain page in a text document

hello.
i have question.
mark, you mentioned that in libreoffice 5.3 control+g is go to page.
and also control+shift+f5 is for go to page too. am i right?
also how can someone use navigator in 5.3 and for me who i use 5.2,
how can i go to a specific page?
thanks so much for your help, i pray for you and request divine mercy
and blessings for you.

On 5/30/17, M Henri Day <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Mark,
>>
>> Your suggestion worked perfectly even in an old 3 version!
>>
>> I'm replacing my old version 3.1 with the latest at
>> *http://donate.libreoffice.org/home/dl/win-x86/5.3.3/en-
>> US/LibreOffice_5.3.3_Win_x86.msi
>> <http://donate.libreoffice.org/home/dl/win-x86/5.3.3/en-
>> US/LibreOffice_5.3.3_Win_x86.msi>*
>>
>> *Thank you so much!*
>>
>> *Best,*
>>
>> *Charles.*
>>

> ​Charles, if your machine has a 64-bit processor and operating system, you
> might rather want to consider downloading and instalingl the 64-bit version
> of LibreOffice, which, for your configuration, can be found here :
> *https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/?type=win-x86_64&version=5.3.3&lang=en*
> <https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/?type=win-x86_64&version=5.3.3&lang=en>
> ​....
>
> Henri

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration is:
al-islam.org

zahra a wrote:
> hello.
> i have question.
> mark, you mentioned that in libreoffice 5.3 control+g is go to page.
> and also control+shift+f5 is for go to page too. am i right?

That's what worked for me.

> also how can someone use navigator in 5.3

View > Navigator, or press F5 (the shortcut shown next to that option on
the view menu). It's also one of the options on the sidebar.

> and for me who i use 5.2,
> how can i go to a specific page?

I don't have a copy of 5.2 around to check, but I'd assume it would be
similar to either 5.1 or 5.3.

--
Mark.

Girvin Herr-5 Girvin Herr-5

On 06/03/2017 07:13 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> zahra a wrote:
>> hello.
>> i have question.
>> mark, you mentioned that in libreoffice 5.3 control+g is go to page.
>> and also control+shift+f5 is for go to page too. am i right?
>
> That's what worked for me.
>
>> also how can someone use navigator in 5.3
>
> View > Navigator, or press F5 (the shortcut shown next to that option
> on the view menu). It's also one of the options on the sidebar.
>
>> and for me who i use 5.2,
>> how can i go to a specific page?
>
> I don't have a copy of 5.2 around to check, but I'd assume it would be
> similar to either 5.1 or 5.3.

I am running 5.2.6.2 on Slackware Linux.  F5 brings up the Navigator
dialog.  At the top is a window to enter a page number, then press Enter
and it will go to that page.
HTH.
Girvin Herr