LibreLogo - Error

Kolbjørn Stuestøl Kolbjørn Stuestøl

LibreLogo - Error

Write the following:

:x = INPUT "Length?"
FORWARD 50
FORWARD :x
FORWARD 50

This should draw a straight line. 50 + :x + 50 pixels long.
Instead of stepping forwards :x pixels the turtle writes the number from
the input box . The turtle also render a line under the number and
continues the next command from this point.

I think this is a bug, but to be sure I hope others can verify this.

LibreOffice 5.0.3.2, Windows 7, English.
Not tried for other versions.

Kolbjørn

Graham Luffrum Graham Luffrum

Re: LibreLogo - Error

I tried executing the first line and got the error message
'Error (in line 1)'

LibreOffice 5.0.4.1 under LinuxMint 17.2

Graham

On 7 December 2015 at 16:26, Kolbjørn Stuestøl <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Write the following:
>
> :x = INPUT "Length?"
> FORWARD 50
> FORWARD :x
> FORWARD 50
>
> This should draw a straight line. 50 + :x + 50 pixels long.
> Instead of stepping forwards :x pixels the turtle writes the number from
> the input box . The turtle also render a line under the number and
> continues the next command from this point.
>
> I think this is a bug, but to be sure I hope others can verify this.
>
> LibreOffice 5.0.3.2, Windows 7, English.
> Not tried for other versions.
>
> Kolbjørn

Kolbjørn Stuestøl Kolbjørn Stuestøl

Re: LibreLogo - Error

Perhaps not a bug.
It looks like the INPUT command returns a string. Therefore
:x = INT INPUT = 'Length?'
works as expected.

If I write FORWARD 'This is a text', the turtle writes the text together
with a line. I expected an error message saying "Not a number" or
something like this.

I do not know why you get the error message. It works on my computer.
(Assuming you are running LibreLogo in Writer.)

Kolbjørn

Den 07.12.2015 16:59, Graham Luffrum skreiv: