LibreOffice 3.3.0 won't print Writer doc for me on Arch Linux???

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook Joe(theWordy)Philbrook

LibreOffice 3.3.0 won't print Writer doc for me on Arch Linux???

I'm a multi-boot/multi-Linux-distro user who always uses the "distro's"
package manager to install applications from distro repos... because
I let pacman, apt-get, zypper etc... handle the dependencies for me.

I've been using OpenOffice for a long time. That's not to say I'm an
expert with it, but I'm used to it. When an Arch update (pacman -Syu)
replaced it with LibreOffice, I quickly opened a couple of documents, noted
that they looked right, and went back to whatever else I had been doing.
Well today I needed to print my lady a few new sheets of the:
Diabetes_Blood_Sugar_Chart.odt
she uses to track her glucose levels with... LO acted like it was printing
to my (cups system default) hp deskjet D4100 series printer (D4160). But
Cups never got the print job. After a few tries I did a test page from
http://localhost:631/
which worked just fine. Then after a few more failed attempts I tried
printing to file which I opened with okular and printed from there...

Is there a known printing issue with:
LibreOffice 3.3.0
OOO330m18 (Build:4)
3.3.0.2 ArchLinux build-1

That would cause this???

Is this an LibreOffice problem or an Arch Linux one?

Is it something I could expect some future update to automatically resolve??

Or do I need to find out how to make a bug report? (where?)

--
|  ~^~ ~^~
|  <?> <?> Joe (theWordy) Philbrook
|      ^      J(tWdy)P
|    \___/   <<[hidden email]>>

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook Joe(theWordy)Philbrook

Re: LibreOffice 3.3.0 won't print Writer doc for me on Arch Linux???

It would appear that on Feb 8, Joe(theWordy)Philbrook did say:

 -------------------------<snip>-------------------------

> Well today I needed to print my lady a few new sheets of the:
> Diabetes_Blood_Sugar_Chart.odt
> she uses to track her glucose levels with... LO acted like it was printing
> to my (cups system default) hp deskjet D4100 series printer (D4160). But
> Cups never got the print job. After a few tries I did a test page from
> http://localhost:631/
> which worked just fine. Then after a few more failed attempts I tried
> printing to file which I opened with okular and printed from there...
>
> Is there a known printing issue with:
> LibreOffice 3.3.0
> OOO330m18 (Build:4)
> 3.3.0.2 ArchLinux build-1
>
> That would cause this???

Since nobody said anything I guess it's not a known issue...

> Is this an LibreOffice problem or an Arch Linux one?

I'm still unsure of this either.

> Is it something I could expect some future update to automatically resolve??

If it's not a known issue then it's unlikely that the next update will fix
my problem. So that leaves only:

> Or do I need to find out how to make a bug report? (where?)

Is there a faq or how to on this somewhere?

--
|  ~^~   ~^~
|  <?>   <?>       Joe (theWordy) Philbrook
|      ^                J(tWdy)P
|    \___/         <<[hidden email]>>

Luuk Luuk

Re: LibreOffice 3.3.0 won't print Writer doc for me on Arch Linux???

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote
Or do I need to find out how to make a bug report? (where?)
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=LibreOffice

Windows10 / LibreOffice  (latest?)