LibreOffice 3.4.4 ?

kenai123 kenai123

LibreOffice 3.4.4 ?

I just signed up with Libre and cannot get the http://www.libreoffice.org/download/  page to function.

The
LibreOffice 3.4.4 Final (2011-11-09) link would not allow me to click on it.
Do you know why?

thanks,

Don Johnson

"Ing. Jiří Hladůvka" "Ing. Jiří Hladůvka"

Re: LibreOffice 3.4.4 ?

You do not mentiond the link capture text so I suppose you clicked text
which is not really the link.
Scroll down almost to the page bottom then choose your OS and language
and click the desired link.

Best regards,
Jiri.

Dne 30. 12. 2011 5:55, ccpwow napsal(a):

> I just signed up with Libre and cannot get the http://www.libreoffice.org/download/  page to function.
>
> The
> LibreOffice 3.4.4 Final (2011-11-09) link would not allow me to click on it.
> Do you know why?
>
> thanks,
>
> Don Johnson

Tom Tom

Re: LibreOffice 3.4.4 ?

Hi :)
I scrolled down and took a screen-shot for you.  Notice the scroll-bar down the right-hand side.

LibreOffice-Download-v2.gif

The red circle is the download link.  Below that is the help-file which is well worth having even though proper documentation is far better
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Publications

The arrow is the drop-down (that you already noticed)  to change languages.  It is usually best to download things by bit-torrent for a smoother download.  It can be interrupted and resumed later without any problems.  It's usually faster and it helps other people.  It's wise to tick the md5sum box as the extra download is very tiny so if you don't bother to use it then it hasn't made much difference but if something goes wrong it allows you to check the download worked well.

My neighbour was grumbling that screen-shots as png were too huge and he found it difficult to get them lower than 600k which is the upper-limit for the Wine (Wine Is Not an Emulator (honest guv)) forums.  I was quite pleased to see that my png was 72kb and as gif it got halved without losing important information.