LibreOffice 3.5.2 corrupting .doc files

JW JW

LibreOffice 3.5.2 corrupting .doc files

I have a number of files that I use in both LO and MS Word 2007 on a
Windows 7 64 bit Home system.

While before now - there hasn't been a problem. However, as soon as I
upgraded LO 3.5.1 -> 3.5.2 - in every single existing .doc file I open in
3.5.2 - the top part of each line is cut off, and if I "saved" the doc and
re-open it in MS Word - the documents shows file corruption.

Two questions - 1. What might be causing this problem? 2. What is the best
way to downgrade back to LO 3.5.1?

eduardo mundim eduardo mundim

Re: LibreOffice 3.5.2 corrupting .doc files

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Tom Tom

Re: LibreOffice 3.5.2 corrupting .doc files

You might want to back-up your User Profile first or just rename so that LO generates a new one.  Then you could test it to see if it's some weird setting that is causing the problem.
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/UserProfile

I think just uninstall 3.5.2 and then reinstall 3.5.1.  You can get previous releases from
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/?nodetect

JW JW

Re: LibreOffice 3.5.2 corrupting .doc files

Thanks for the suggestion,Tom. Changing user profiles did not help.

Unfortunately when using the hyperlink you provided - I see where it gives
me a choice of operating systems and languages - but after selecting U.S.
english - the only version of LO it's offering is 3.5.2.

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Tom Davies <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi :)
>
> You might want to back-up your User Profile first or just rename so that
> LO generates a new one.  Then you could test it to see if it's some weird
> setting that is causing the problem.
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/UserProfile
>
> I think just uninstall 3.5.2 and then reinstall 3.5.1.  You can get
> previous releases from
> http://www.libreoffice.org/download/?nodetect
> Regards from
> Tom :)

JW JW

Re: LibreOffice 3.5.2 corrupting .doc files

Correction - the only versions of LO the site is offering for
U.S. English - Windows is 3.5.2 and 3.4.6. I have not found an option for
3.5.1

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 8:26 PM, Jonathon Waterman <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion,Tom. Changing user profiles did not help.
>
> Unfortunately when using the hyperlink you provided - I see where it gives
> me a choice of operating systems and languages - but after selecting U.S.
> english - the only version of LO it's offering is 3.5.2.

> On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Tom Davies <[hidden email]>wrote:
>
>> Hi :)
>>
>> You might want to back-up your User Profile first or just rename so that
>> LO generates a new one.  Then you could test it to see if it's some weird
>> setting that is causing the problem.
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/UserProfile
>>
>> I think just uninstall 3.5.2 and then reinstall 3.5.1.  You can get
>> previous releases from
>> http://www.libreoffice.org/download/?nodetect
>> Regards from
>> Tom :)

JW JW

Fwd: ooops Re: [libreoffice-users] LibreOffice 3.5.2 corrupting .doc files

Re: Fwd: ooops Re: [libreoffice-users] LibreOffice 3.5.2 corrupting .doc files

Hi :)
Do mean trouble with DocX or the older Doc format?  Usually the older format is the one that is far more reliable

After installing it, the .doc corruption problem disappeared. It seems like 3.5.2 might have a problem with dealing with .doc files.

JW

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 5:08 AM, Tom Davies <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi :)
>
> Ouch!  I have just noticed that you are right.  I am sure i found all the
> previous releases listed somewhere and i thought that was the place.  Now i
> have no idea where to find the 3.5.1.  I tend to prefer the 3.4.6 as it
> seems less buggy for what i need it for.
> Regards from
> Tom :)

JW JW

Re: Fwd: ooops Re: [libreoffice-users] LibreOffice 3.5.2 corrupting .doc files

The corruption I was experiencing was with the older .doc files. I do not
use docx.

JW.