LibreOffice 6.0.6 - Calc - Open file in read-only folder

Julien Ropé Julien Ropé

LibreOffice 6.0.6 - Calc - Open file in read-only folder

Hi

I am working on an issue reported by users who moved from 5.4 to 6.0.

In their use case, they have Calc files on a shared folder. Each user
has write access to his files, but the folder itself is read-only (to
prevent users from deleting each-other's files).

With 5.4, this use case works - each user can edit his files.

With 6.0, users can't open their files - they get an error about not
being able to create the lock file.

I could easily reproduce this behavior using a local read-only folder.

 From a user's standpoint, this looks like a regression.

But from my standpoint, it seems logical, and I'm actually wondering why
5.4 was not failing too...

Is this change of behavior expected ? Does it result from a fix
somewhere between 5.4 and 6.0 ?

What recommendation do you have about this use case : being able to
share files with write access without letting users delete them ?

I have verified that I could open the file when I modify the flag
"org.openoffice.Office.common/Misc/UseLocking" in advanced settings, but
this would leave them open to concurrent access, and corrupted files. Is
there anything better suited?

Any suggestion is welcome,

Best regards,

Julien

--
Message envoyé grâce à OBM, la Communication Libre par Linagora