LibreOffice Base and SQLite

odfman odfman

LibreOffice Base and SQLite

Hi,

I am running Libreoffice Version: 5.1.3.2 with Linux Mint 17.3 32 bit and
trying to connect Base to SQLite.

I am using the tutorial at:
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/How_Tos/Using_SQLite_With_OpenOffice.org
as I cannot seem to find an equivalent tutorial for Libreoffice.

After installing the various packages, I am not able to run

> sudo ODBCConfig

as it cannot find this program

I have various databases using ODBC under windows and have also used DB
Browser for  SqLite in Linux but am having no joy with Base+SQLite+Linux.

I have expected that this would be well documented as SQLite is a widely
deployed database that does not require java.

Any documentation or hints on how to proceed are very welcome.

regards

Mike

Alex Thurgood Alex Thurgood

Re: LibreOffice Base and SQLite

Le 22/09/2016 à 06:41, Michael Manning a écrit :

Hi Michael,

> After installing the various packages, I am not able to run
>
>> sudo ODBCConfig

Try installing ODBCManageDataSourcesQ4 and its co-application
ODBCCreateDataSourceQ4. These are QT4 apps, but they worked for me on
LinuxMint 18.

Alternatively, you can configure the odbcinst.ini and odbc.ini files by
hand and put them in the appropriate places.

You might also want to bear in mind that not all datatypes available in
sqlite are correctly supported/interpreted by LibreOffice, even over
ODBC. This stems from the weak typing of sqlite, which LibreOffice
doesn't necessarily know how to interpret correctly.

Alex

odfman odfman

Re: LibreOffice Base and SQLite

Many thanks to Alex for putting me on the right track.

I have also found the information at:
https://crcok.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/using-sqlite-database-with-openoffice-org/

I seemed to have got into a twist with the installation of ODBC and
multiple odbcinst.ini and odbc.ini files in my system.

The possible use of Kexi as a possible simple database system has also been
hightlighted.

cheers

Mike