LibreOffice Base previously copying data from Calc to Base)...

zed zed

LibreOffice Base previously copying data from Calc to Base)...

Attention: Robert Grosskopf

My apologies for not following convention and replying in the normal
manner but I rather foolishly deleted your advice by mistake,

The information you gave me regarding my request for help on how to
construct a query was just the guide I required to solve my problem. I
was also able to construct two other queries.  In one I was successful
in extracting the information I required but not so successful in the
second.

The Table has one field named "Gender" and the gender is indicated by F,
or M or M/F where a family is involved.

What I was trying to achieve was a query which extracted the total
numbers for each gender (e.g. 50, M25, M/F13) between a particular time
period. In this case the period was BETWEEN 01/07/2020 AND 31/07/2020

I have found several web pages which explain the syntax for SQL but, at
my present level of knowledge, they are beyond my understanding :-)

Zed

Robert Großkopf Robert Großkopf

Re: LibreOffice Base previously copying data from Calc to Base)...

Hi Zed,

> The Table has one field named "Gender" and the gender is indicated by F,
> or M or M/F where a family is involved.
>
> What I was trying to achieve was a query which extracted the total
> numbers for each gender (e.g. 50, M25, M/F13) between a particular time
> period. In this case the period was BETWEEN 01/07/2020 AND 31/07/2020
>
> I have found several web pages which explain the syntax for SQL but, at
> my present level of knowledge, they are beyond my understanding :-)

You could show the code here.

Might be something like

SELECT "gender", COUNT("gender") AS "number" FROM "table" WHERE "date"
BETWEEN '2020-07-01' AND '2020-07-31' GROUP BY "gender"

Could also be you will show other content in the same query. Then you
have to create correlated subqueries.

Regards

Robert
--
Homepage: https://www.familiegrosskopf.de/robert

zed zed

Re: LibreOffice Base previously copying data from Calc to Base)...

Hi Robert

On 2/08/20 6:37 pm, Robert Großkopf wrote:

> Hi Zed,
>>
>> The Table has one field named "Gender" and the gender is indicated by F,
>> or M or M/F where a family is involved.
>>
>> What I was trying to achieve was a query which extracted the total
>> numbers for each gender (e.g. 50, M25, M/F13) between a particular time
>> period. In this case the period was BETWEEN 01/07/2020 AND 31/07/2020
>>
>> I have found several web pages which explain the syntax for SQL but, at
>> my present level of knowledge, they are beyond my understanding :-)
>
> You could show the code here.
>
> Might be something like
>
> SELECT "gender", COUNT("gender") AS "number" FROM "table" WHERE "date"
> BETWEEN '2020-07-01' AND '2020-07-31' GROUP BY "gender"
>
> Could also be you will show other content in the same query. Then you
> have to create correlated subqueries.

Thank you again for your prompt reply.  I'll work through the code you
have given me and report back. It may be a little while, though as
"real" life is tending to be interfering with what "I" feel is more
important :-)

Zed