LibreOffice Christmas card

Next » 12
Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

LibreOffice Christmas card

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of making a Christmas card to post on social media and the
blog on the 24th of December. It'd basically be a thank you from the
LibreOffice community to all developers, contributors, users and
supporters, with a group picture from the conference.

Here's one I made in my previous life:

http://www.linuxvoice.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/lv_xmas_card.jpg

Does anyone have any other ideas what we can do with it?

Thanks!

--
Mike Saunders, Marketing & PR
The Document Foundation

Enio Gemmo Enio Gemmo

Re: LibreOffice Christmas card

Great!

--
Enio Gemmo - TDF
mob +39.348.5746390
krackedpress krackedpress

Re: LibreOffice Christmas card

Can you get it out earlier?

I would love to post it a week or more before Christmas.

On 12/05/2016 10:28 AM, Enio Gemmo wrote:

> Great!
>
> Il 05 dicembre 2016 16:13:23 CET, Mike Saunders <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'm thinking of making a Christmas card to post on social media and the
>>
>> blog on the 24th of December. It'd basically be a thank you from the
>> LibreOffice community to all developers, contributors, users and
>> supporters, with a group picture from the conference.
>>
>> Here's one I made in my previous life:
>>
>> http://www.linuxvoice.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/lv_xmas_card.jpg
>>
>> Does anyone have any other ideas what we can do with it?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> --
>> Mike Saunders, Marketing & PR
>> The Document Foundation

>> deleted
> --
> Enio Gemmo - TDF
> mob +39.348.5746390
> Ubuntu User #27206-TDF #339
> hangout [hidden email]
> LibreItalia [hidden email]
> TDF [hidden email]
> http://www.libreitalia.it
> GPG Key ID - 0xF50EA5CC
> FC9E C670 069C 125B 47C9  5377 36B0 48BA F50E A5CC
> --
> Send by Android with K-9 Mail.

Enio Gemmo Enio Gemmo

Re: LibreOffice Christmas card

I try to do something, and I offer it

;-)

--
Enio Gemmo - The Document Foundation
mob +39.348.5746390
http://www.libreitalia.it
GPG Key ID - 0xF50EA5CC
FC9E C670 069C 125B 47C9  5377 36B0 48BA F50E A5CC

Daniel A. Rodriguez Daniel A. Rodriguez

Re: LibreOffice Christmas card

Please, remember that some places are quite far from snow ir freezing
temperatura by x-mas

El 5 dic. 2016 13:23, "[hidden email]" <
[hidden email]> escribió:

> I try to do something, and I offer it
>
> ;-)
>

> Il 05/12/2016 16:59, Tim---Kracked_P_P---webmaster ha scritto:
> >
> > Can you get it out earlier?
> >
> > I would love to post it a week or more before Christmas.
> >

> > On 12/05/2016 10:28 AM, Enio Gemmo wrote:
> >> Great!

> >> --
> >> Enio Gemmo - TDF
> >> mob +39.348.5746390
> >> Ubuntu User #27206-TDF #339
> >> hangout [hidden email]
> >> LibreItalia [hidden email]
> >> TDF [hidden email]
> >> http://www.libreitalia.it
> >> GPG Key ID - 0xF50EA5CC
> >> FC9E C670 069C 125B 47C9  5377 36B0 48BA F50E A5CC
> >> --
> >> Send by Android with K-9 Mail.
> >

> --
> Enio Gemmo - The Document Foundation
> mob +39.348.5746390
> TDF Member #339
> hangout [hidden email]
> TDF [hidden email]
> LibreItalia [hidden email]
> http://www.libreitalia.it
> GPG Key ID - 0xF50EA5CC
> FC9E C670 069C 125B 47C9  5377 36B0 48BA F50E A5CC

Enio Gemmo Enio Gemmo

Re: LibreOffice Christmas card

I know ;-)

--
Enio Gemmo - TDF
mob +39.348.5746390
Ubuntu User #27206-TDF #339
hangout [hidden email]
LibreItalia [hidden email]
TDF [hidden email]
http://www.libreitalia.it
GPG Key ID - 0xF50EA5CC
FC9E C670 069C 125B 47C9  5377 36B0 48BA F50E A5CC
--
Send by Android with K-9 Mail.
krackedpress krackedpress

Re: LibreOffice Christmas card

Thanks, everyone.

The more time you have between the mailed cards and Christmas gives more
"enjoyment".  I have many people/organizations/companies on my email
address book who may enjoy your "Christmas Card".  For me, this would be
a great way let them know we support our worldwide developers, not just
the "product".

Since I read about many USA non-personal use of open source is one the
rise, supporting the developers of open source packages is one way to
let all of us tell these developers we support their efforts.

SO I say again - Thanks Everyone.

:-)

Most users [honest opinion from comments I have been given] do not have
time to read blogs and other online reading on "products". They trust
others to let them know what may be best for them to use.  I have had
people trust me to use open source products since OpenOffice added .doc
read/write to their office package.  I learned of OOo from the author's
notes in a book from my favorite SciFi author.  Later, I read about
LibreOffice coming out when OOo stopped updating/upgrading.  I have been
a LO users ever since. Most of the users of OOo, who I advised to use
it, has switched to LO within a year of my switching to LO as my default
office package.

For people who must use MS Office, at work, I have convinced some to use
.doc instead of .docx going to people outside of their internal office
use.  Since different agencies/organizations/companies use various
versions of MS Office.  For MS Office, and other packages, .doc is the
easiest to be read/modified/returned.  One day, I would love to see .odt
as the default format, since MS does not control it.

On 12/05/2016 11:23 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> I try to do something, and I offer it
>
> ;-)
>

> Il 05/12/2016 16:59, Tim---Kracked_P_P---webmaster ha scritto:
>> Can you get it out earlier?
>>
>> I would love to post it a week or more before Christmas.
>>

>> On 12/05/2016 10:28 AM, Enio Gemmo wrote:
>>> Great!

>>> --
>>> Enio Gemmo - TDF
>>> mob +39.348.5746390
>>> Ubuntu User #27206-TDF #339
>>> hangout [hidden email]
>>> LibreItalia [hidden email]
>>> TDF [hidden email]

jonathon-6 jonathon-6

On 05/12/16 17:24, Daniel A. Rodriguez wrote:

> Please, remember that some places are quite far from snow ir freezing temperatura by x-mas

Unless the ski report I read is completely bonkers, Mount Baw Baw in
Australia is expecting a White Christmas this year.

jonathon

On 12/05/2016 04:48 PM, toki wrote:
> On 05/12/16 17:24, Daniel A. Rodriguez wrote:
>
>> Please, remember that some places are quite far from snow ir freezing temperatura by x-mas
> Unless the ski report I read is completely bonkers, Mount Baw Baw in
> Australia is expecting a White Christmas this year.
>
> jonathon

How tall is it?  The one in Hawaii is above the rain clouds, most
times.  If "your" Mount Baw Baw is high enough, then snow could happen
when it rains blow.

For me in the valley where I live, there could be inches of snow 8+
miles in the northern part and the same in the eastern section, but here
in my part we may not ever get flurries.  If we get a a few inches, the
surrounding areas in the valley could have feet. This valley is about
840 feet above sea level and the tallest "hill" is about 400 feet higher
than this long valley that is at least a mile wide.

In 1979, we had brief snow flurries here in New York.  A few years
before that we had 2 feet at the end of October.  So anything can happen.

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Re: LibreOffice Christmas card

OK, how about this:

https://blog.documentfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/2016_xmas_card1.jpg

The QR code is in case anyone prints it out, and goes to tdf.io/joinus –
should we make that point to another URL instead, like the donate page?

Any other feedback or ideas?

Thanks!
Mike

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Mike Saunders wrote on 08-12-16 15:59:

> Any other feedback or ideas?

I like it!

--
Cor Nouws
- vrijwilliger http://nl.libreoffice.org

Daniel A. Rodriguez Daniel A. Rodriguez

Re: LibreOffice Christmas card

> Mike Saunders wrote on 08-12-16 15:59:
>
>> Any other feedback or ideas?
>
> I like it!

I like it too, it's bitmap or vector based? Can we translate?

On 08/12/2016 16:57, Daniel A. Rodriguez wrote:

>> Mike Saunders wrote on 08-12-16 15:59:
>>
>>> Any other feedback or ideas?
>>
>> I like it!
>
> I like it too, it's bitmap or vector based? Can we translate?

Thanks! It's all created in LibreOffice Draw, so there's an .odg file
that can be used for translations of the text. Let's wait for some more
feedback, and then I'll upload the final .odg.

Mike

Heiko Tietze-2 Heiko Tietze-2

On 12/08/2016 03:59 PM, Mike Saunders wrote:
> QR code is in case anyone prints it out...

That's truly eating own dogfood, brilliant! About QR code there is a request to have this working (again) internally. Just to mention. https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=67090

marcpare4 marcpare4

Re: LibreOffice Christmas card

Hi Mike et al,

Le 2016-12-08 à 11:05, Heiko Tietze a écrit :
> On 12/08/2016 04:59 PM, Mike Saunders wrote:
>> It's all created in LibreOffice Draw...
>
> On 12/08/2016 03:59 PM, Mike Saunders wrote:
>> QR code is in case anyone prints it out...
>
> That's truly eating own dogfood, brilliant! About QR code there is a request to have this working (again) internally. Just to mention. https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=67090

+1 ... nice to see so many smiling TDF/LibreOffice faces!

Marc

--
Marc Paré
[hidden email]

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Re: LibreOffice Christmas card

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback!

On 11/12/2016 15:27, Christian Lohmaier wrote:

> A more classical motive would also be nice, i.e. a snowcovered landscape
> with a LO-Logo carved into the snow, or a snowman having a LO backpack

Good ideas -- I'll see if I can add something snowy to it, even if it's
just some snowflakes scattered around. One year we need to organise
LibOCon in a very snowy place, to take a fitting photo for the card :-)

Cheers,
Mike

Italo Vignoli-6 Italo Vignoli-6

On 12/12/2016 12:51, Mike Saunders wrote:

> Good ideas -- I'll see if I can add something snowy to it, even if it's
> just some snowflakes scattered around. One year we need to organise
> LibOCon in a very snowy place, to take a fitting photo for the card :-)

Please consider that in the southern emisphere Xmas is a sunny hot day,
where you can get a suntan. Maybe, some snow and some sun?

mobile/signal +39.348.5653829 - email [hidden email]
hangout/jabber [hidden email] - skype italovignoli
GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0

Christian Lohmaier-2 Christian Lohmaier-2

Re: LibreOffice Christmas card

My point was: have a card that doesn't scream community, but rather merry
Christmas/happy holidays with a whisper/touch of LO :)

One where you don't need to read the text...

Ciao
Christian

Italo Vignoli <[hidden email]> schrieb am Mo., 12.12.2016, 13:12:

> On 12/12/2016 12:51, Mike Saunders wrote:
>
> > Good ideas -- I'll see if I can add something snowy to it, even if it's
> > just some snowflakes scattered around. One year we need to organise
> > LibOCon in a very snowy place, to take a fitting photo for the card :-)
>
> Please consider that in the southern emisphere Xmas is a sunny hot day,
> where you can get a suntan. Maybe, some snow and some sun?
>
> --
> Italo Vignoli - LibreOffice Marketing & PR
> mobile/signal +39.348.5653829 - email [hidden email]
> hangout/jabber [hidden email] - skype italovignoli
> GPG Key ID - 0xAAB8D5C0
> DB75 1534 3FD0 EA5F 56B5 FDA6 DE82 934C AAB8 D5C0

Enio Gemmo Enio Gemmo

Re: LibreOffice Christmas card

Hi, everyone

I had an idea, from Christamas Card.

do you like?

Enio

--
Enio Gemmo - The Document Foundation
mob +39.348.5746390
TDF Member #339
hangout [hidden email]
TDF [hidden email]
LibreItalia [hidden email]
http://www.libreitalia.it
GPG Key ID - 0xF50EA5CC
FC9E C670 069C 125B 47C9  5377 36B0 48BA F50E A5CC

Mike Saunders Mike Saunders

Re: LibreOffice Christmas card

Hi Ennio,

On 14/12/2016 13:38, [hidden email] wrote:

> I had an idea, from Christamas Card.
>
> do you like?

It's a bit hard to say, without seeing it :-) Did you try to attach it?
Attachments aren't allowed on this list. You could always upload it to
imgur.com or somewhere like that.

Cheers,
Mike

Next » 12