LibreOffice Core Development build Issue

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Koushik Sekhar Koushik Sekhar
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

LibreOffice Core Development build Issue

Hi Shinnok,

I have setup the basic environment for LibreOffice Document Project. I am
facing issues while running the build for libo core. I have also
explicitly specified the JDK and the Microsoft Visual Studio versions when
I run the autogen.sh \ file but I am still getting errors. I have attached
the screenshot of the error for your reference. Could you please provide
your suggestion as how to rectify the same.

Thank you.

Regards,
Koushik Sekhar
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice

autogen build Error.PNG (77K) Download Attachment
Regina Henschel Regina Henschel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LibreOffice Core Development build Issue

Hi Koushik Sekhar,

do you have checked, that your installation of Visual Studio is OK? Try
to run Visual Studio. Run "devenv.exe", it is in folder Common7/IDE.

Kind regards
Regina

[hidden email] schrieb:

> Hi Shinnok,
>
> I have setup the basic environment for LibreOffice Document Project. I am
> facing issues while running the build for libo core. I have also
> explicitly specified the JDK and the Microsoft Visual Studio versions when
> I run the autogen.sh \ file but I am still getting errors. I have attached
> the screenshot of the error for your reference. Could you please provide
> your suggestion as how to rectify the same.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Koushik Sekhar
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> LibreOffice mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
>

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Koushik Sekhar Koushik Sekhar
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LibreOffice Core Development build Issue

In reply to this post by Koushik Sekhar
Hi Shinnok,

Just a follow up on previous mail. Please let me know if there is any
other alternative or suggestions.

Thank you.

Regards,
Koushik Sekhar





On Mon, October 2, 2017 8:27 pm, [hidden email] wrote:

> Hi Shinnok,
>
>
> I have setup the basic environment for LibreOffice Document Project. I am
>  facing issues while running the build for libo core. I have also
> explicitly specified the JDK and the Microsoft Visual Studio versions
> when I run the autogen.sh \ file but I am still getting errors. I have
> attached the screenshot of the error for your reference. Could you please
> provide your suggestion as how to rectify the same.
>
> Thank you.
>
>
> Regards,
> Koushik Sekhar


_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Shinnok Shinnok
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LibreOffice Core Development build Issue

In reply to this post by Koushik Sekhar
Hi,

It is not clear to me what version of Visual Studio you installed on your system and if you tried running it in the first place, as Regina suggested in a follow up e-mail. Please open Visual Studio, write a small hello world, compile and run it to verify your installation of the VC++ compiler.

PS: Please don't use attached screenshots to report errors and warnings, use a pastebin and simple text.

Cheers,
Shinnok

> On Oct 10, 2017, at 7:55 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Hi Shinnok,
>
> Just a follow up on previous mail. Please let me know if there is any
> other alternative or suggestions.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
> Koushik Sekhar
>
>
>
>
>
> On Mon, October 2, 2017 8:27 pm, [hidden email] wrote:
>> Hi Shinnok,
>>
>>
>> I have setup the basic environment for LibreOffice Document Project. I am
>> facing issues while running the build for libo core. I have also
>> explicitly specified the JDK and the Microsoft Visual Studio versions
>> when I run the autogen.sh \ file but I am still getting errors. I have
>> attached the screenshot of the error for your reference. Could you please
>> provide your suggestion as how to rectify the same.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>>
>> Regards,
>> Koushik Sekhar
>
>

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Koushik Sekhar Koushik Sekhar
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LibreOffice Core Development build Issue

Hi Shinnok,

Sorry for the delayed response. I wasn't  able to access ssrmail server
and found out with Axel that the server is down due to some upgrade. I
have installed Thunderbird and synced the ssrlabs account.

Follow up on the previous mail,

I have installed Visual Studio 2015 update 3 on my system. I figured out
that VC++ was not installed so installed the same and ran a small
program to verified the same. Now, when I ran the autogen.sh \ file
again, I am getting error again.

Below message shows the error:

configure: error: No JDK found, pass the --with-jdk-home option pointing
to a 32 bit JDK
Error running configure at /cygdrive/c/sources/libo-core/autogen.sh line
293.

I am using a 64-bit windows system and so I installed a 64-bit JDK. Is
it necessary that I install a 32-bit JDK now?  Also, could I use any
version for the JDK or is there any specific JDK version I should use?

Thank you.

Regards,

Koushik Sekhar




On 10/10/2017 2:34 AM, Shinnok wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It is not clear to me what version of Visual Studio you installed on your system and if you tried running it in the first place, as Regina suggested in a follow up e-mail. Please open Visual Studio, write a small hello world, compile and run it to verify your installation of the VC++ compiler.
>
> PS: Please don't use attached screenshots to report errors and warnings, use a pastebin and simple text.
>
> Cheers,
> Shinnok
>
>> On Oct 10, 2017, at 7:55 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>>
>> Hi Shinnok,
>>
>> Just a follow up on previous mail. Please let me know if there is any
>> other alternative or suggestions.
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Koushik Sekhar
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On Mon, October 2, 2017 8:27 pm, [hidden email] wrote:
>>> Hi Shinnok,
>>>
>>>
>>> I have setup the basic environment for LibreOffice Document Project. I am
>>> facing issues while running the build for libo core. I have also
>>> explicitly specified the JDK and the Microsoft Visual Studio versions
>>> when I run the autogen.sh \ file but I am still getting errors. I have
>>> attached the screenshot of the error for your reference. Could you please
>>> provide your suggestion as how to rectify the same.
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Koushik Sekhar
>>

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Michael Stahl-2 Michael Stahl-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LibreOffice Core Development build Issue

On 24.10.2017 20:37, Koushik Sekhar wrote:
> I have installed Visual Studio 2015 update 3 on my system. I figured out
> that VC++ was not installed so installed the same and ran a small
> program to verified the same. Now, when I ran the autogen.sh \ file
> again, I am getting error again.

that's great, the error is not related to Visual Studio so that
hopefully works now!

> Below message shows the error:
>
> configure: error: No JDK found, pass the --with-jdk-home option pointing
> to a 32 bit JDK
> Error running configure at /cygdrive/c/sources/libo-core/autogen.sh line
> 293.
>
> I am using a 64-bit windows system and so I installed a 64-bit JDK. Is
> it necessary that I install a 32-bit JDK now?  Also, could I use any
> version for the JDK or is there any specific JDK version I should use?

by default, a 32-bit LO will be built, which requires a 32-bit JDK.  but
you can also build a 64-bit LO by using the flag --enable-64-bit, in
which case your installed JDK should work fine.

HTH,
 michael

--
DDJ: You've mentioned Edsger Dijkstra. What do you think of his work?
DK:  His great strength is that he is uncompromising. It would make
     him physically ill to think of programming in C++.
_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Tor Lillqvist-2 Tor Lillqvist-2
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LibreOffice Core Development build Issue

Or just pass the --without-java flag and get on with it. Why can't it be the default?

(Unless you specifically are interested in hacking on some Java-based functionality in LibreOffice.)

--tml


_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Koushik Sekhar Koushik Sekhar
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LibreOffice Core Development build Issue

In reply to this post by Michael Stahl-2
Thank you Michael for your suggestion. I was able to rectify that error
by using the --enable-64-bit flag and also, configured the build
successfully. Now, I am trying to build the right version of the make
file to build and run libreOffice.

Thank you again!

Regards,

Koushik Sekhar

by using the flag --enable-64-bit


On 10/24/2017 12:10 PM, Michael Stahl wrote:

> On 24.10.2017 20:37, Koushik Sekhar wrote:
>> I have installed Visual Studio 2015 update 3 on my system. I figured out
>> that VC++ was not installed so installed the same and ran a small
>> program to verified the same. Now, when I ran the autogen.sh \ file
>> again, I am getting error again.
> that's great, the error is not related to Visual Studio so that
> hopefully works now!
>
>> Below message shows the error:
>>
>> configure: error: No JDK found, pass the --with-jdk-home option pointing
>> to a 32 bit JDK
>> Error running configure at /cygdrive/c/sources/libo-core/autogen.sh line
>> 293.
>>
>> I am using a 64-bit windows system and so I installed a 64-bit JDK. Is
>> it necessary that I install a 32-bit JDK now?  Also, could I use any
>> version for the JDK or is there any specific JDK version I should use?
> by default, a 32-bit LO will be built, which requires a 32-bit JDK.  but
> you can also build a 64-bit LO by using the flag --enable-64-bit, in
> which case your installed JDK should work fine.
>
> HTH,
>   michael
>

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice
Koushik Sekhar Koushik Sekhar
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: LibreOffice Core Development build Issue

In reply to this post by Tor Lillqvist-2
Hi Tor and Michael,

Thank you for the inputs. Yes, when I ran with --without-java flag it
took the default SDK. Also, when I tried running with --enable-64-bit
flag it did run successfully.  Both worked fine.

Regards,

Koushik Sekhar


On 10/24/2017 12:22 PM, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> Or just pass the --without-java flag and get on with it. Why can't it
> be the default?
>
> (Unless you specifically are interested in hacking on some Java-based
> functionality in LibreOffice.)
>
> --tml
>

_______________________________________________
LibreOffice mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice