FOSDEM 2021 will be a virtual event, taking place online on Saturday,
February 6, and Sunday, February 7. The LibreOffice DevRoom is scheduled
for Sunday, February 7, from 9AM to 7PM (times to be confirmed).
NEW RULES FOR 2021
- The reference time will be Brussels local time (CET).
- Talks will be pre-recorded in advance, and streamed during the event
- Q/A session will be live
- A facility will be provided for people watching to chat between themselves
- A facility will be provided for people watching to submit questions
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
December 27: Submission deadline
December 31: Announcement of selected talks
January 4: Publication of DevRoom schedule
January 15: Presentations upload deadline
CALL FOR PAPERS
We are inviting proposals for talks about LibreOffice or the ODF
standard document format, on topics such as code, localization, QA, UX,
tools, extensions, migrations and general advocacy. Please keep in mind
that product pitches are not allowed at FOSDEM.
The length of talks is limited to a maximum of 25 minutes, as we would
like to have some minutes for questions after each presentation, and to
fit as many presenters as possible in the schedule. Exceptions must be
explicitly requested and justified. You may be assigned LESS time than
- Presentations have to be pre-recorded and tested for streaming before
- Once your talk is accepted, someone will help you to produce the
- Contents will be reviewed to ensure they have the required quality,
and uploaded before January 15, to be prepared and ready for broadcast.
- During the stream of talks, speakers must be available online for the
While filing the proposal, please provide the title of your talk, a
short abstract (one or two paragraphs), some information about yourself
(name, bio and photo, but please do remember that your profile might be
already stored in Pentabarf).
To submit your talk, click on “Create Event” and select the
“LibreOffice” DevRoom as the “Track”. Otherwise, your talk will not be
even considered for any devroom at all.
If you already have a Pentabarf account from a previous year, even if
your talk was not accepted, please reuse it. Create an account if, and
only if, you don’t have one from a previous year. If you have any issues
with Pentabarf, please contact [hidden email] for help.