LibreOffice Documentation in Sinhala (si)

Danishka Navin Danishka Navin

LibreOffice Documentation in Sinhala (si)

Hi there,

I am planning LibreOiffce Documentation for Sinhala.
Idea is to write the manual in Sinhala using English UI screenshots,
instead of translating from English to Sinhala.

Once we done with the manual, I am planning to print the manual and
distribute them for free of charge in schools, universities and public
libraries.

I have few questions;

   1. How to find latest screenshots?
   2. Do we have facilities to maintain the document? something like
   repository?

Danishka Navin
http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/danishkanavin
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danishkanavin/

sophi sophi

Re: LibreOffice Documentation in Sinhala (si)

Hi Danishka,
Le 22/12/2015 10:58, Danishka Navin a écrit :
> Hi there,
>
> I am planning LibreOiffce Documentation for Sinhala.
> Idea is to write the manual in Sinhala using English UI screenshots,
> instead of translating from English to Sinhala.

Great news :)

> Once we done with the manual, I am planning to print the manual and
> distribute them for free of charge in schools, universities and public
> libraries.
>
> I have few questions;
>

>    1. How to find latest screenshots?
>    2. Do we have facilities to maintain the document? something like
>    repository?

To ease the maintenance of the translation, we have set a process using
OmegaT Team Projects functionality and GitHub.
See here for a first documentation and description of the process:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Development/UsingOmegaT
Milos can help you if you need it and me too of course :)
Our GitHub repository is here:
https://github.com/LibreOffice/OmegaT

Cheers
Sophie
--
Sophie Gautier, administrative assistant
Tel: +33 683901545 | IRC: sophi on Freenode