LibreOffice Portable Edition Will Not Install

Harold Fuchs Harold Fuchs

LibreOffice Portable Edition Will Not Install

Win XP Pro SP3.

I downloaded LibreOffice Portable v 3.3 and tried to install it on my USB
drive along with several other Portable Apps. I got "Please close all
instances of Libre OpenOffice PE and then click OK. The portable app can not
be updated while it is running". But it is *not* running. It isn't even
installed; this is the first time I've downloaded it.

Help.

Please.

NB I have also reported this via the PortableApps (LibreOffice) forum.

Please also look carefully at the error message: it says "Libre OpenOffice
PE". Seems to be schizophrenic :-(

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England

Tom Tom

Re: LibreOffice Portable Edition Will Not Install

Hi :)

Can you open your task-manager? It should show what processes are running.  I
think it is Ctrl Alt Del although that is likely to reboot the machine.

________________________________
I downloaded LibreOffice Portable v 3.3 and tried to install it on my USB drive
along with several other Portable Apps. I got "Please close all instances of
Libre OpenOffice PE and then click OK. The portable app can not be updated while
it is running". But it is *not* running. It isn't even installed; this is the
first time I've downloaded it.

Help.

Please.

NB I have also reported this via the PortableApps (LibreOffice) forum.

Please also look carefully at the error message: it says "Libre OpenOffice PE".
Seems to be schizophrenic :-(

-- Harold Fuchs
London, England

-- Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/www/users/

Charles Marcus Charles Marcus

On 2011-02-11 2:48 PM, Tom Davies wrote:
> Hi :)
>
> Can you open your task-manager? It should show what processes are running.  I
> think it is Ctrl Alt Del although that is likely to reboot the machine.

Tip:

CTRL-SHIFT-ESC goes straight to Task Manager in all windows version...

Charles

Harold Fuchs Harold Fuchs

On 11/02/2011 19:48, Tom Davies wrote:

> Hi :)
>
> Can you open your task-manager? It should show what processes are running.  I
> think it is Ctrl Alt Del although that is likely to reboot the machine.
>
> Regards from
> Tom :)
>

> ________________________________

Thanks for the reply. The problem was caused by the fact that
*OpenOffice.org* Quickstarter was running.

I think it's a bug that the installation of LO is prevented by some
component of OOo running. It's like saying you can't install Firefox
because Internet Explorer is running.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England

Scott Jones Scott Jones

Re: LibreOffice Portable Edition Will Not Install

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

On 2011-02-11 3:08 PM, Harold Fuchs wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. The problem was caused by the fact that
> *OpenOffice.org* Quickstarter was running.
>
> I think it's a bug that the installation of LO is prevented by some
> component of OOo running. It's like saying you can't install Firefox
> because Internet Explorer is running.

The problem is due to the fact that the PROCESSES are named the same...

Until they rename the processes (ie, instead of soffice.bin/exe,
loffice.bin/exe), it will continue to be a problem...

Charles

Harold Fuchs Harold Fuchs

Re: Re: LibreOffice Portable Edition Will NotInstall

"Charles Marcus" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> On 2011-02-11 3:08 PM, Harold Fuchs wrote:
>> Thanks for the reply. The problem was caused by the fact that
>> *OpenOffice.org* Quickstarter was running.
>>
>> I think it's a bug that the installation of LO is prevented by some
>> component of OOo running. It's like saying you can't install Firefox
>> because Internet Explorer is running.
>
> The problem is due to the fact that the PROCESSES are named the same...
>
> Until they rename the processes (ie, instead of soffice.bin/exe,
> loffice.bin/exe), it will continue to be a problem...
>
> --
>
> Best regards,
>
> Charles

Poor marketing though :-(

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England

Luuk Luuk

On 11-02-11 21:24, Charles Marcus wrote:

> On 2011-02-11 3:08 PM, Harold Fuchs wrote:
>> Thanks for the reply. The problem was caused by the fact that
>> *OpenOffice.org* Quickstarter was running.
>>
>> I think it's a bug that the installation of LO is prevented by some
>> component of OOo running. It's like saying you can't install Firefox
>> because Internet Explorer is running.
> The problem is due to the fact that the PROCESSES are named the same...
>
> Until they rename the processes (ie, instead of soffice.bin/exe,
> loffice.bin/exe), it will continue to be a problem...

Nice feature to have in 3.3.1.... !!!

--
Luuk

Windows10 / LibreOffice  (latest?)