LibreOffice Stay on Top property

Next » 12
Mourad Hedfi Mourad Hedfi

LibreOffice Stay on Top property

Hello everyone,

I'm using LibreOffice under Mac OS throught an application. For that, I
want to lunch LibreOffice as a demon.
But my problem is what I must to change to let LibreOffice Stay on top of
the Window.
Many thanks in advance to your help.

Best Regards.

Mourad Hedfi Mourad Hedfi

Re: LibreOffice Stay on Top property

Hello,
 I want to lunch LO from the command line et bring its window to the top to
be the first  shown window.

Best regards.

2012/8/5 <[hidden email]>

> <quote author='Mourad Hedfi'>
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm using LibreOffice under Mac OS throught an application. For that, I
> want to lunch LibreOffice as a demon.
> But my problem is what I must to change to let LibreOffice Stay on top of
> the Window.
> Many thanks in advance to your help.
>
> I use a Mac, System 10.8 with LOffice 3.5.5.3
> I do not understand what you mean by "Launch as Demon"?
> If you want LO to be ever present, then launch .it  and have it permanent
> in the Dock.
>
> Tink.

carlamarion carlamarion

paragraph marks

I want to replace two paragrah endings punctuation marks by one, because I
want to replace white lines.
How do I do that?

Carla

Do you have a slow PC? Try Free scan

Tom Tom

Re: paragraph marks

Hi :)
Errr, delete one of the pair?  My guess is that it is not so simple as you make it sound tho.

Is it something to do with paragraph styles?  Note that if a normal enter creates an extra wide gap then try
Shift Enter
to see if that is closer to what you want.  Note that Ctrl Enter creates a new page but shift enter is kinda less than a normal proper enter, so it's not a good idea to use it all the time but it can be handy to help work out what's going on or for one-off oddities to get a better fit on the page.

Re: paragraph marks

Am 06.08.2012 08:43, [hidden email] wrote:

> I want to replace two paragrah endings punctuation marks by one, because I
> want to replace white lines.
> How do I do that?
>
> Carla

> Get the free SPAMfighter here:http://www.spamfighter.com/len
>
> Do you have a slow PC? Try Free scan
> http://www.spamfighter.com/SLOW-PCfighter?cid=sigen

Edit>Find&Replace...
[More Options]
[X] Regular Expressions
Search: ^$
Replace with nothing

Tom Tom

Re: paragraph marks

Hi :)
Of course make a back-up (just a normal copy) of your file before taking our advice.  I think Andreas might have meant replace
^$^$
with
^$
to reduce all the doubles with a single rather than to remove all paragraph marks.

Am 06.08.2012 11:43, Tom Davies wrote:
> Hi :)
> Of course make a back-up (just a normal copy) of your file before taking our advice.  I think Andreas might have meant replace
> ^$^$

Contrary to you, I know very well what I mean and I use test what I suggest.
I bet, you don't even have LibreOffice installed.

Brian Barker Brian Barker

Re: paragraph marks

At 10:43 06/08/2012 +0100, Tom Davies wrote:

>Am 06.08.2012 08:43, Carla Marion wrote:
>>I want to replace two paragraph endings punctuation marks by one,
>>because I want to replace white lines.  How do I do that?
>
>I think Andreas might have meant replace
>^$^$
>with
>^$
>to reduce all the doubles with a single rather than to remove all
>paragraph marks.

No: as usual, you have it wrong; he meant what he wrote.  The user
wants to remove what she calls "white lines" - actually empty
paragraphs.  The circumflex character anchors the pattern to the
beginning of a paragraph and the dollar sign to the end of a
paragraph.  So ^$ matches an empty paragraph.

Brian Barker

Mirosław Zalewski Mirosław Zalewski

Re: paragraph marks

On 06/08/2012 at 11:43, Tom Davies <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think Andreas might have meant replace ^$^$
> with
> ^$
> to reduce all the doubles with a single rather than to remove all paragraph
> marks.

That's how things works in MS Office. In LibreOffice we actually have regular
expressions (they are quite handicapped in compare to what, for example, perl
has to offer, but it's still better than MS own pseudo-standard).
--
Best regards
Mirosław Zalewski

Tom Tom

Re: paragraph marks

Hmm, is backing up a bad idea?

There are some people here that never make mistakes but it's unlikely that will always be true for all of them.

> Of course make a back-up (just a normal copy) of your file before taking our advice.  I think Andreas might have meant replace
> ^$^$

Contrary to you, I know very well what I mean and I use test what I suggest.
I bet, you don't even have LibreOffice installed.

-- For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: [hidden email]

carlamarion carlamarion

Re: paragraph marks

I am sorry but I don't know how to type ^$^$! Can you telle me?

And the answer you gave is exactly what I want!
Thank you,

Carla

Am 06.08.2012 08:43, [hidden email] wrote:

> I want to replace two paragrah endings punctuation marks by one, because I
> want to replace white lines.
> How do I do that?
>
> Carla

> Get the free SPAMfighter here:http://www.spamfighter.com/len
>
> Do you have a slow PC? Try Free scan
> http://www.spamfighter.com/SLOW-PCfighter?cid=sigen

Edit>Find&Replace...
[More Options]
[X] Regular Expressions
Search: ^$
Replace with nothing

deleted

deleted

Do you have a slow PC? Try Free scan

carlamarion carlamarion

Re: paragraph marks

Yes, you are right! How do you know how to type the invisible marks in Libre
Office?

Carla

On 06/08/2012 at 11:43, Tom Davies <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think Andreas might have meant replace ^$^$
> with
> ^$
> to reduce all the doubles with a single rather than to remove all
paragraph
> marks.

That's how things works in MS Office. In LibreOffice we actually have
regular
expressions (they are quite handicapped in compare to what, for example,
perl
has to offer, but it's still better than MS own pseudo-standard).
--
Best regards
Mirosław Zalewski

deleted

Do you have a slow PC? Try Free scan

Tom Tom

Re: paragraph marks

Hi :)
Because he is a genius and has done a lot of exploring.  There is some documentation and it's possible to google-search a lot of things but experience and genius trumps all.

Yes, you are right! How do you know how to type the invisible marks in Libre
Office?

Carla

On 06/08/2012 at 11:43, Tom Davies <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think Andreas might have meant replace ^$^$
> with
> ^$
> to reduce all the doubles with a single rather than to remove all
paragraph
> marks.

That's how things works in MS Office. In LibreOffice we actually have
regular
expressions (they are quite handicapped in compare to what, for example,
perl
has to offer, but it's still better than MS own pseudo-standard).
--
Best regards
Mirosław Zalewski

deleted

Do you have a slow PC? Try Free scan

Tom Tom

Re: paragraph marks

I think you have already found the keys you need?  The ^ mark is a
shift 6
on UK keyboards, i think the same on US ones and no idea on others.  On a UK keyboard the $ is on the 4.

If you can't find them they might be in "Special Characters"?  Is that on the insert menu?

Yes, you are right! How do you know how to type the invisible marks in Libre
Office?

Carla

On 06/08/2012 at 11:43, Tom Davies <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think Andreas might have meant replace ^$^$
> with
> ^$
> to reduce all the doubles with a single rather than to remove all
paragraph
> marks.

That's how things works in MS Office. In LibreOffice we actually have
regular
expressions (they are quite handicapped in compare to what, for example,
perl
has to offer, but it's still better than MS own pseudo-standard).
--
Best regards
Mirosław Zalewski

deleted

Do you have a slow PC? Try Free scan

Dan Lewis Dan Lewis

Re: paragraph marks

[hidden email] wrote:
> Yes, you are right! How do you know how to type the invisible marks in LibreOffice?
>
> Carla

     Things like this are done with "regular expressions". Help has a list of regular
expressions that you can use.

--Dan

carlamarion carlamarion

Re: paragraph marks

Yes thank you, I found the keys, but I tried to eliminate the white lines
using them and the way I did it did not work. I tried to type ^$^$ and
replace it with ^$, but it gave an error.

Carla

Yes, you are right! How do you know how to type the invisible marks in Libre
Office?

Carla

On 06/08/2012 at 11:43, Tom Davies <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I think Andreas might have meant replace ^$^$
> with
> ^$
> to reduce all the doubles with a single rather than to remove all
paragraph
> marks.

That's how things works in MS Office. In LibreOffice we actually have
regular
expressions (they are quite handicapped in compare to what, for example,
perl
has to offer, but it's still better than MS own pseudo-standard).
--
Best regards
Mirosław Zalewski

deleted

Do you have a slow PC? Try Free scan

deleted

deleted

Do you have a slow PC? Try Free scan

carlamarion carlamarion

RE: paragraph marks

I want to get rid of the white lines which are between the paragraphs in a
document. In Windows Office I do it this way: I find and replace paragrah
ends and that works, but I can't find the way to do that in Libre Office.
I tried to do it your way, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

Carla

Andreas Säger Andreas Säger

RE: paragraph marks

Andrew Brager Andrew Brager

Re: paragraph marks

First make sure the "regular expressions" box is checked (ticked as you
Europeans say).  Then try the previously mentioned suggestion by
Andreas.  If that still doesn't work, try and Use [:cntrl:] as your
search string.

On 8/6/2012 1:22 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> I want to get rid of the white lines which are between the paragraphs in a
> document. In Windows Office I do it this way: I find and replace paragrah
> ends and that works, but I can't find the way to do that in Libre Office.
> I tried to do it your way, but it doesn't seem to work for me.
>
> Carla

steveedmonds steveedmonds

Re: paragraph marks

On 2012-08-07 08:22, [hidden email] wrote:
> I want to get rid of the white lines which are between the paragraphs in a
> document. In Windows Office I do it this way: I find and replace paragrah
> ends and that works, but I can't find the way to do that in Libre Office.
> I tried to do it your way, but it doesn't seem to work for me.
>
> Carla
Hi. Have you confirmed that the white lines are not spacing above or
below the paragraph from the paragraph style.
Right click Paragraph>Indents and Spacing.

Steve