LibreOffice ad

Andrew Pullins Andrew Pullins

LibreOffice ad

Hi

so like I said in reply to Aleksandar's banners email, I was inspired to
make an advertisment by his* *Autumn Season banners[1]. so this is what came
to my mind when I saw them. i do not want to make any one mad but I did make
this in adobe flash. one I started it before I knew there was an opensource
flash program. two I do not know or like the opensource program and have
been using adobe flash on and off for some time. and C when this project is
done this ad will be ran as files that every person on the internet can
view.

my ad as an animated swf
https://picasaweb.google.com/113439282950133616549/LibreOffice?authkey=Gv1sRgCPvSsJfdvIPoYQ#5658599121512862130

source files as a .swf
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B7y5FMHPsyaNNWY0ZDExMzYtYzJiMi00MDRhLWI4ZWUtMDhmMTA0OGIxZGIz&hl=en_US

so what do you guys think. this would probably go on a site like Youtube or
any video site. though it could go as a flash banner. I do not know.

cheers
Andrew

[1]
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:See

Andrew Pullins Andrew Pullins

Re: LibreOffice ad

sorry I thought that I sent this last Saturday but I guess that I did not. I
would like your feedback on this. I know that the gif looks like crap. I
don't know how to make it look like the .swf

Andrew

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 11:22 PM, Andrew Pullins <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi
>
> so like I said in reply to Aleksandar's banners email, I was inspired to
> make an advertisment by his* *Autumn Season banners[1]. so this is what
> came to my mind when I saw them. i do not want to make any one mad but I did
> make this in adobe flash. one I started it before I knew there was an
> opensource flash program. two I do not know or like the opensource program
> and have been using adobe flash on and off for some time. and C when this
> project is done this ad will be ran as files that every person on the
> internet can view.
>

> my ad as an animated swf
>
> https://picasaweb.google.com/113439282950133616549/LibreOffice?authkey=Gv1sRgCPvSsJfdvIPoYQ#5658599121512862130
>
> source files as a .swf
>
> https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B7y5FMHPsyaNNWY0ZDExMzYtYzJiMi00MDRhLWI4ZWUtMDhmMTA0OGIxZGIz&hl=en_US
>
> so what do you guys think. this would probably go on a site like Youtube or
> any video site. though it could go as a flash banner. I do not know.
>
> cheers
> Andrew
>
> [1]
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:See

David Nelson David Nelson

Re: LibreOffice ad

Hi Andrew,

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 6:22 AM, Andrew Pullins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> so like I said in reply to Aleksandar's banners email, I was inspired to
> make an advertisment by his* *Autumn Season banners[1]. so this is what came
> to my mind when I saw them. i do not want to make any one mad but I did make
> this in adobe flash. one I started it before I knew there was an opensource
> flash program. two I do not know or like the opensource program and have
> been using adobe flash on and off for some time. and C when this project is
> done this ad will be ran as files that every person on the internet can
> view.

There's something about the lettering at the bottom, that expands
off-screen that doesn't look quite right to me, personally. The eye is
mainly drawn to the bottom edge of the animation. And there are large
areas to the left and right that have no action or content at all,
making it a large graphic that seems kind of empty...

Well, at least, that was my own 2 cents... :-)

Could you maybe try some more iterations?

--
David Nelson

Alexander Wilms Alexander Wilms

Uploading Paulo Jose's Template

Hi all,

does anyone know how to get in contact with Paulo? His last posts on his
blog, Twitter and Facebook are rather old and after sending him a
message on Facebook he didn't reply. If you don't have an email-address,
would it be OK for me to upload it to templates-test.libreoffice.org?

Another issue is that we don't have the source files, ideally svg for
the background. I could try to recreate them to make it easier to modify
the template.

What do you think?

Alex

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack

Re: Uploading Paulo Jose's Template

Hi Alex!

Am Donnerstag, den 06.10.2011, 14:10 +0200 schrieb
[hidden email]:
> Hi all,
>
> does anyone know how to get in contact with Paulo? His last posts on his
> blog, Twitter and Facebook are rather old and after sending him a
> message on Facebook he didn't reply. If you don't have an email-address,
> would it be OK for me to upload it to templates-test.libreoffice.org?

I only know his mail address ... and, sadly, I haven't heard him since a
few weeks. I also sent him this/that information (e.g. because "his"
document saved icon has been integrated into LibO), but didn't get a
reply. I really hope he is fine and that the reason for the silence is
"just" being busy with his studies.

> Another issue is that we don't have the source files, ideally svg for
> the background. I could try to recreate them to make it easier to modify
> the template.

If you think its worth and fits well enough to the visual style ... I'm
(of course *g*) fine with it.

By the way, I recently tried to upload the community template to the
Template-Center, but was hit by an issue ... so no access to this
reviewed "project" at the moment.

> What do you think?

By the way, sorry for being offline since a few days ... try to be back
during the weekend!

Cheers,
Christoph