LibreOffice and German software

Thomas Blasejewicz-3 Thomas Blasejewicz-3

LibreOffice and German software

Good morning
I do not know, if I am allowed/supposed to ask this question here, but
try it anyway.

I am using LibreOffice 6.1.5.2 on a Windows 10 machine and do not have
any problems.
However, I recently noticed, that trying to start a German encyclopedia
(Brockhaus) takes MUCH!more time, when Libreoffice is running.
And conversely, LibreOffice may "crash" (it says there, it is "not
responding") when I start that German software.

As far as I can tell, this does NOT happen with any other software I
have on my computer.

Is there some thing / place I should be looking into?
Since I am not using said software very often, this is not really a
problem, but nevertheless I would like to know, what is going on.

Sorry for asking this kind of irrelevant question.
Thomas

James Knott-2 James Knott-2

Re: LibreOffice and German software

On 2019-11-24 10:17 PM, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
> Is there some thing / place I should be looking into?

You might look into resources required vs resources available.  What CPU
and how much memory etc.  In Linux, there are utilities that show the
load both on the system and as used by the various apps.  I expect
similar may be available on Windows.

On 2019/11/25 13:09, James Knott wrote:
> On 2019-11-24 10:17 PM, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
>> Is there some thing / place I should be looking into?
>
> You might look into resources required vs resources available. What
> CPU and how much memory etc.  In Linux, there are utilities that show
> the load both on the system and as used by the various apps.  I expect
> similar may be available on Windows.

Thank you.
(two applications up and running) I do have 16 GB of RAM, 22% of which
are used, the CPU (8 CPUs) usage is appr. 2%, running at about 3.9 GHz
(Core i7 processor)
Should that not be enough?

And, the same two applications running on a lower spec Windows 7 machine
do not cause any problems.
Or is it maybe Windows 10 that is causing the problem?
Thomas

On 2019/11/25 14:01, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:

> On 2019/11/25 13:09, James Knott wrote:
>> On 2019-11-24 10:17 PM, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:
>>
> Thank you.
> (two applications up and running) I do have 16 GB of RAM, 22% of which
> are used, the CPU (8 CPUs) usage is appr. 2%, running at about 3.9 GHz
> (Core i7 processor)
> Should that not be enough?
>
> And, the same two applications running on a lower spec Windows 7
> machine do not cause any problems.
> Or is it maybe Windows 10 that is causing the problem?

Update
I just installed LibreOffice 6.2.8.
This does not change anything.
Probably I will have to live with this.
Which is not really a "big deal", as I said earlier.
Thomas