LibreOffice chat

mirek2 mirek2

LibreOffice chat

Hi everyone,
We just finished this week's IRC chat and it would be nice to make this
weekly.
Please select a time in which you tend to be free every week, disregard the
dates on the poll:
http://www.doodle.com/fyevrffhaqq79vkt
Note that you can select your time zone now.

Christoph Noack Christoph Noack

Design Team Chat, IRC Log 2012-03-24 (was: Re: [libreoffice-design] LibreOffice chat)

Hi all!

Am Samstag, den 24.03.2012, 21:21 +0100 schrieb Mirek M.:
> We just finished this week's IRC chat ...

Yep, and here is the log:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Meetings/2012-03-24

Sorry for the bad log output, but the wiki keeps complaining that I want
to send spam if I use the HTML export of my chat client. However, I hope
it helps.

Thanks for everyone who attended - and special thanks to Mirek who
organized that chat!

Cheers,
Christoph

Andrew Pullins Andrew Pullins

Re: LibreOffice chat

just read the IRC chat log, and setting up the time zone was not that hard
to understand.

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 4:21 PM, Mirek M. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> We just finished this week's IRC chat and it would be nice to make this
> weekly.
> Please select a time in which you tend to be free every week, disregard the
> dates on the poll:
> http://www.doodle.com/fyevrffhaqq79vkt
> Note that you can select your time zone now.

mirek2 mirek2

Re: LibreOffice chat

Everyone, please fill out the poll at
http://www.doodle.com/fyevrffhaqq79vkt. Remember that the dates don't
matter -- the poll is for determining the
time for our weekly meetings.

Maggie, are you sure you only tend to be free on Mondays/Tuesdays from
20:00-2:00 AM?
Andrew, are you sure you only tend to be free daily from 22:00 - 00:00? Our
time schedules have no overlap...

King Duck King Duck

Re: LibreOffice chat

Mirek,

No. I must have picked the wrong options. Generally I am 4 hours behind you
(I'm on Eastern Daylight Time right now). So the best times for me are 12
PM-2PM EDT or 8 PM EDT - 11 PM EDT. I just saw that you had a chat at 14:00
PM GMT, but over here it's only 10 AM. I'm not at home during that time
during the week.

~ Maggie

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Mirek M. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Everyone, please fill out the poll at
> http://www.doodle.com/fyevrffhaqq79vkt. Remember that the dates don't
> matter -- the poll is for determining the
> time for our weekly meetings.
>
> Maggie, are you sure you only tend to be free on Mondays/Tuesdays from
> 20:00-2:00 AM?
> Andrew, are you sure you only tend to be free daily from 22:00 - 00:00? Our
> time schedules have no overlap...

mirek2 mirek2

Re: LibreOffice chat

2012/3/31 King Duck <[hidden email]>

> Mirek,
>
> No. I must have picked the wrong options. Generally I am 4 hours behind you
> (I'm on Eastern Daylight Time right now). So the best times for me are 12
> PM-2PM EDT or 8 PM EDT - 11 PM EDT. I just saw that you had a chat at 14:00
> PM GMT, but over here it's only 10 AM. I'm not at home during that time
> during the week.

"During the week" -- should I interpret that as during weekdays or as
during weekdays+on the weekend?
I'm a bit hesitant to change the timing of the upcoming chat at such short
notice, but the time of day for our weekly meetings is definitely still up
for debate.
Could you please fill out the poll [1] again?
Thanks.

[1] http://www.doodle.com/fyevrffhaqq79vkt

King Duck King Duck

Re: LibreOffice chat

Mirek,

That would be during weekdays and weekends. You don't have to change the
meeting time; I can read the transcripts and try to make them as much as I
can. When you asked for which times to pick and to disregard the date
(that's how I understood your original message), I picked the following
times after I picked "America/New York" from the drop-down menu of the
poll. I thought the poll would convert the original times to their
equivalents in my time zone. These were the ones that I picked:

4:00 PM- 6:00 PM
6:00 PM- 8:00 PM
8:00 PM- 10:00 PM

If it didn't do that, then I apologize. That's what I thought that option
would do.
~ Maggie

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Mirek M. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2012/3/31 King Duck <[hidden email]>
>
> > Mirek,
> >
> > No. I must have picked the wrong options. Generally I am 4 hours behind
> you
> > (I'm on Eastern Daylight Time right now). So the best times for me are 12
> > PM-2PM EDT or 8 PM EDT - 11 PM EDT. I just saw that you had a chat at
> 14:00
> > PM GMT, but over here it's only 10 AM. I'm not at home during that time
> > during the week.
> >

> "During the week" -- should I interpret that as during weekdays or as
> during weekdays+on the weekend?
> I'm a bit hesitant to change the timing of the upcoming chat at such short
> notice, but the time of day for our weekly meetings is definitely still up
> for debate.
> Could you please fill out the poll [1] again?
> Thanks.
>
> [1] http://www.doodle.com/fyevrffhaqq79vkt

mirek2 mirek2

Re: LibreOffice chat

Hi Maggie,

2012/4/1 King Duck <[hidden email]>

> Mirek,
>
> That would be during weekdays and weekends. You don't have to change the
> meeting time; I can read the transcripts and try to make them as much as I
> can. When you asked for which times to pick and to disregard the date
> (that's how I understood your original message), I picked the following
> times after I picked "America/New York" from the drop-down menu of the
> poll.

I meant it as "disregard the date but keep in mind the day of the week and
the time".

> I thought the poll would convert the original times to their
> equivalents in my time zone. These were the ones that I picked:
>
> 4:00 PM- 6:00 PM
> 6:00 PM- 8:00 PM
> 8:00 PM- 10:00 PM

> If it didn't do that, then I apologize. That's what I thought that option
> would do.

It did, but Sunday from 14:00 GMT turned out to be more fitting for the
rest of the team (i.e. there are 4 consecutive hours that overlap for three
of us).

I'm still not sure what times of the day you tend to have free -- from
20:00-2:00 GMT or 16:00-18:00 GMT?

Please fill out the poll again: http://www.doodle.com/fyevrffhaqq79vkt

King Duck King Duck

Re: LibreOffice chat

Mirek,
Sorry for not responding earlier. I re-did the poll under the name
"Maggie(redone)". What I was trying to say was that I was available at
either those times but seeing as how I misinterpreted what you meant by
filling out the poll I decided to do it again. If there are any questions,
I am willing to explain further.

~ Maggie