LibreOffice massive deployment at Windows environment

Edmund Laugasson Edmund Laugasson

LibreOffice massive deployment at Windows environment

Hi everyone!

I need your help, dear community!

I'm planning massive deployment of LibreOffice. It means thousands of
computers at Estonian public sector.

I'm planning to do it with 3.4.1 version as it will be available. It
seems reasonable idea due to fact, that it is coming quite soon.

I hope to start in the first days of July 2011 - depends on version
3.4.1 release.

Could you, please, have information about silent installing of LibreOffice?

I've found the following link:
http://lodahl.blogspot.com/2011/02/silent-installation-of-libreoffice-on.html

There is important, that users will get program with Estonian language
interface. How to be ensure, that any user will get it?

Is there any Document Foundation wiki article, I mean official source of
such information?

I heard also of using some Active Directory service for massive
deployment but could not find yet any instruction for that. I don't use
Windows Server and therefore don't have experience with that.

Is it possible to use original .exe files downloaded from
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/ ? I mean I download these .exe
files, put them into my internal network or local website in Estonia and
deploy from there.

When new version comes out, there is also necessary deploy new version -
will LibreOffice install old version over or is there necessary to
uninstall old version at first? If yes, are there silent uninstall
parameters?

###

Certainly, massive deployment is important also at Linux and Mac OS
environments but these are much more smaller environments and can be
handled separately. I have already some experience about uninstalling
OpenOffice.org and installing LibreOffice.org over SSH and over network
in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

Also I try to use Linux distros, where LibreOffice is already installed
(currently Ubuntu 11.04, Fedora 15 as far as I know).

Thank you in Advance,
Edmund Laugasson

--
Postiloendist lahkumiseks saada kiri aadressile [hidden email]
Kõik loendisse saadetud kirjad arhiveeritakse avalikult ja neid kustutada ei saa

Mihkel Tõnnov Mihkel Tõnnov

Re: LibreOffice massive deployment at Windows environment

2011/5/26 Edmund Laugasson <[hidden email]>

> Hi everyone!
>
> I need your help, dear community!
>
> [...]
>
> --
> Postiloendist lahkumiseks saada kiri aadressile
> [hidden email]
> Kõik loendisse saadetud kirjad arhiveeritakse avalikult ja neid kustutada
> ei saa
> Loendi arhiiv: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/et/users/

Tere,
saada see üleilmsesse listi, vaevalt eesti postiloendi seitsmest tellijast
väga paljud aidata oskavad :)
Kiri juba inglise keeles nagunii.
[hidden email]

Tervitades