LibreOffice on Android - a different path?

krackedpress krackedpress

LibreOffice on Android - a different path?

I am asking to all of these lists to give it a wider possible look.

I know there is a named port of LibreOffice 5.x.x onto Android via
AndroPorts.  They have AndroPorts:LibreOffice as one of the ported to
their Linux desktop environment for Android.

They have the needed system to have others create ports of software that
can play on their Android system.

SO, I am wondering if there is a way for the developing team[s] to work
on a newer ported version than the 5.x.x version currently on Google
Play store?  The system is free, so that is one in their favor.

I did install it on a Fire HD 10 tablet which I installed the 4 needed
APK files to use Google Play Store along with Amazon's Fire App Store.

I do not remember what "rabbit hole" I went down that showed the system
to me.

I have installed AndroPorts and both the ports of LibreOffice and GIMP.
For me, with a Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse, it looks promising.  I do
not have a Bluetooth Mouse, so I could not fully test it out.  This may
be the needed push to buy one of these mice.  I have several Bluetooth
keyboards.

SO, it might be worth looking at this system.  This will give
LibreOffice and TDF control of the port of LibreOffice "Editing Suite"
to a Android Platform.  Then that could be used till a direct Android
version of LibreOffice that will read/write/edit the supported files.  I
have to use AndrOpen Office to avoid using MS Office Suite packages like
the official version of  Word for Android.  I really want to see
LibreOffice take over the Android market, or at least as much as it can.

Timothy Lungstrom

300 South Main St. Apt 10C5, Elmira New York, USA, 14904.

Rosmaninho Rosmaninho

Re: LibreOffice on Android - a different path?

With the current push that Google has been giving to ChromeOS - including
making it capable of running Android apps - it would be a good idea to have
a direct port of the desktop version of LibreOffice in the Play Store since
it could be used in Chromebooks. Chromebooks are personal computers and
this is a platform that LibreOffice should consider extending into.

On Tue, Dec 4, 2018 at 4:55 AM Tim-L <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am asking to all of these lists to give it a wider possible look.
>
> I know there is a named port of LibreOffice 5.x.x onto Android via
> AndroPorts.  They have AndroPorts:LibreOffice as one of the ported to
> their Linux desktop environment for Android.
>
> They have the needed system to have others create ports of software that
> can play on their Android system.
>
> SO, I am wondering if there is a way for the developing team[s] to work
> on a newer ported version than the 5.x.x version currently on Google
> Play store?  The system is free, so that is one in their favor.
>
> I did install it on a Fire HD 10 tablet which I installed the 4 needed
> APK files to use Google Play Store along with Amazon's Fire App Store.
>
> I do not remember what "rabbit hole" I went down that showed the system
> to me.
>
> I have installed AndroPorts and both the ports of LibreOffice and GIMP.
> For me, with a Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse, it looks promising.  I do
> not have a Bluetooth Mouse, so I could not fully test it out.  This may
> be the needed push to buy one of these mice.  I have several Bluetooth
> keyboards.
>
> SO, it might be worth looking at this system.  This will give
> LibreOffice and TDF control of the port of LibreOffice "Editing Suite"
> to a Android Platform.  Then that could be used till a direct Android
> version of LibreOffice that will read/write/edit the supported files.  I
> have to use AndrOpen Office to avoid using MS Office Suite packages like
> the official version of  Word for Android.  I really want to see
> LibreOffice take over the Android market, or at least as much as it can.
>

> Timothy Lungstrom
>
> 300 South Main St. Apt 10C5, Elmira New York, USA, 14904.

infinitytec infinitytec

Re: LibreOffice on Android - a different path?

I agree... it would be quite nice to have a more practical port...
Perhaps the Notebookbar can be used to give a more adaptive, responsive mobile-friendly interface.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is magic to those who do not understand it.-A variation on Clarke's Third Law
-------- Original message --------From: Pedro Rosmaninho <[hidden email]> Date: 12/4/18  4:04 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: [hidden email] Cc: LibO Project <[hidden email]>, LibO Marketing <[hidden email]>, [hidden email] Subject: Re: [libreoffice-design] LibreOffice on Android - a different path?