LibreOffice should have own "LibreOfficeFont"

12 « Prev
Ivan M. Ivan M.

Re: LibreOffice should have own "LibreOfficeFont"

Hi Mirek,

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Mirek M. <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > [....]
> I think a better solution would be to:
> a) offer to download and install missing open-source fonts (using
> open-source fonts would be an advantage here): quick mockup at
> http://clickortap.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/citrus-question.png
> b) replace fonts with fonts the same typeface (serif, sans-serif, mono) and
> as similar metrics as possible (this might already be the current way of
> doing things)

Good points, and a great idea! However, it would require LibO to keep
some kind of record of known open source fonts somewhere - most likely
locally with links to online sources. That wouldn't be a problem with
commonly known fonts, but I don't know if there is a universal
directory of open source fonts out there - more likely they are
scattered around various sources which makes things a bit more
difficult :(. As a UI/UX suggestion though, I think it's worth looking
into.

Regards,
Ivan.

12 « Prev